PDA

View Full Version : Hangman in Trak's

Gratal
06-06-2013, 07:13 AM
So I remembered from live that he drops a no drop haste item and thought that'd be a good way to not have to spend more money than I'll have til after 60.

I ran my level 17 Ranger down there and am camped out by Swamp ZL. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to let me loot it if he spawns? I can even help someone without a tracker find the Seb key frogs if they need the help.

I'll be on most of the day Sat/Sun. Let me know either through PM or in game if you see a lowbie ranger there. Otherwise I'll just try my luck with random kindness.

Rhambuk
06-06-2013, 10:48 AM
I remember doing this on live for my rog if i remember correctly its a 16%hast ebelt/necklace.

I'm not sure I haven't dont the hunter/forager cycle in a while but im almost positive last I heard it was real screwy and buggy, i've never seen or heard of anyone on p99 getting one.

Hope you have some goodluck!

shwally
06-06-2013, 10:57 AM
The Hangman's Noose drops on P99, a shammy friend had one drop a few months back.

Sollix
06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Hangman's Noose - http://wiki.project1999.org/Hangman%27s_Noose

It's a neat item as it's head or waist equippable, but pretty low haste. But the price is right! He spawns on the Forager cycle, and yes, that is buggy - but in a good way. You'll often see multiple pops of the hunters & foragers or their PHs.

**edit**
Fuark is right.

Happyfeet
06-06-2013, 11:01 AM
I have one on my monk, never worn it, but they do exist... TT just isn't as bustling as it was on live. People don't camp the cycle like they did.

fuark
06-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Hangman spawns on the Forager cycle in TT. I have 4 Hangman's Nooses across my characters and have given 1 away to a guild member, so they are definitely out there. Whenever I camp the Forager cycle I leave an alt parked there just incase.

Unfortunately it is just completely random whether someone will actually get him to spawn or not. Nameds have a 10% chance to spawn on the Forager's death, and there is a long list of nameds that can pop. It's probably better to just wait until you can camp it yourself.

Gratal
06-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Well, it may only be 17%. But that's only 4% less than FBSS so I think it's worth camping a few days. I'd be camping frenzy that long just for a shot at FBSS and that's not if some high level is soloing the spot for his alt..or friend's alt...or to sell to someone else's alt.

Plus, it may not seem like much. But it would turn my Arbitor's Combine Great sword from a 30/43 to a 30/36.7. I'm not sure how it does fractions, but that's as close as I'll get to a 1:1 weapon for a while. And makes it better than 1:1 with even a 30% spell haste.

Only problem I foresee is that Trak mobs see invis.

fuark
06-07-2013, 12:31 AM
It's definitely worth it if you can get it, but the odds of you logging on and someone getting Hangman to spawn and then letting you loot it over one of their own alts is pretty slim.

No harm in trying though, I hope you get one!