PDA

View Full Version : The Paineel Problem.

Kyosho
07-04-2010, 12:00 PM
I made a new Erudite Necromancer, and I really like this character so far. Never did play enough of this area on Live. However, I've run into a bit of a snag. People like to kill the two guards that give you keys to get out of the city. And the newbie bind point is inside the city. If I die, and some one has killed the guards, I can't leave. This has happened twice in the last two days, with two different people. They were both very polite and nice enough to wait on killing the next one for me to get a key, but this is nuts.

I don't know where the newbie bind point was in classic, but is there any chance of moving it? Or, perhaps, changing the keys to not be lore items? That way we could keep a spare in the bank? Or...something?

Yes, there are in-game ways to get around this. Get some one to bind you elsewhere, for instance. But there's usually so few people around that it isn't an option.

Phallax
07-04-2010, 12:10 PM
Yea I always felt the Paineel newbie bind point wasnt valid. Most other bind points for all other races are outside their respective starting cities, as should be Paineel. But I have no proof of this, just theory.

Reiker
07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Something's also real jacked in the garden. Not enough mobs, too slow spawn time, or most likely a mix of both.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-04-2010, 04:43 PM
It was odd in the garden of even.

Reiker
07-04-2010, 04:47 PM
To be more clear: on live I would farm skeletons on a high level char for kaladim bone chip alt pling. It would be difficult to keep all the skeletons down being like 40+. And that's just skeletons. A single level 1 untwinked necros with a decent pet can clear the entire garden.

RKromwell
07-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Is the whole thing there? I did not know this. Is the Warrens there and active?

Dersk
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Is the whole thing there? I did not know this. Is the Warrens there and active?

Paineel is there, the warrens is not. (are not?)

Kyosho
07-04-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm glad about that. Paineel currently has the feel it had on Live originally when it first opened (pre-Hole or Warrens opening). It feels like a secret Necro/SK city hidden off in the corner of the world. Very atmospheric. Just like I remember it.

Damaja
07-04-2010, 11:08 PM
I'm glad about that. Paineel currently has the feel it had on Live originally when it first opened (pre-Hole or Warrens opening). It feels like a secret Necro/SK city hidden off in the corner of the world. Very atmospheric. Just like I remember it.I love the city simply because of it's looks.

Cronoclops
07-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Skeleton pop in the newbie area is exteremly low compared to live.

Combo
07-05-2010, 01:28 PM
Paineel's garden was always crawling with mobs. It seemed like the respawn cycle was a minute to two minutes at most.

Thorjorkill
07-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I can also confirm there are not enough mobs roaming here, and the spawn rate was 2 minutes on these critters as well. On live my son would come here and cycle out all the spawn points with his 50 necro, and get like 100 bone chips every 30 minutes here. Critters were on a 2 minute spawn, and there were 10x as many than currently on p1999.

Fists
07-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Can you tell me who is actually wasting there time on the 2 beginner area guards? Those things hit upwards for 125 and have about 5k health... seems like a big time waster to me, otherwise, the guard farming is indeed a problem when you have 20 people sitting in paineel =P

Reiker
07-05-2010, 03:18 PM
You're right, people are complaining about those two guards that spawn past the elevator and don't even hand out keys on this server...tbyp.

Phallax
07-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Theyre complaining about the 2 guards right at the elevator that you get the keys from, theres always someone camping them.

darkblade717
07-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Yea I always felt the Paineel newbie bind point wasnt valid. Most other bind points for all other races are outside their respective starting cities, as should be Paineel. But I have no proof of this, just theory.

Paineel isn't technically a 'city' so to speak.

Reiker
07-05-2010, 03:44 PM
This should be good: how is paineel not a "city"?

astarothel
07-05-2010, 04:20 PM
afaik there are/were some issues with starting bindpoints.
DEs in Nek had it for a while, might be the same problem with paineel.

2pair
07-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Paineel is there, the warrens is not. (are not?)

"is not" would be correct here because "The Warrens" is one zone.

Smoo
07-05-2010, 04:58 PM
DEs in Nek had it for a while, might be the same problem with paineel.

Unless they have fixed it in the last week .. Dark elves are still spawning by the bridge with the guards.. lots of higher level mobs there... folks die upon zoning back in at early levels .. it's a bad bindpoint..

Kyosho
07-05-2010, 07:18 PM
Unless they have fixed it in the last week .. Dark elves are still spawning by the bridge with the guards.. lots of higher level mobs there... folks die upon zoning back in at early levels .. it's a bad bindpoint..

I can confirm that. I got so lost after dying at lvl 1 that I died a second time and then a third. I just deleted that character and started it over. Then, ran his ass to Freeport and got bound there (an enchanter, not KOS).

Sidious
07-06-2010, 01:35 AM
for the bonechip farming thing, the skeletons were linked in groups of 3, and anti-campish code existed where if you killed all 3, they would all respawn. They would all spawn together and path off in various directions, but if you mashed the pet attack target button it would rock all 3 fast while you made a huge pile of skele corpses to sift through for chips.

Reiker
07-06-2010, 01:03 PM
That makes sense, I remember them spawning in big waves like that

Ozz
07-06-2010, 05:17 PM
for the bonechip farming thing, the skeletons were linked in groups of 3, and anti-campish code existed where if you killed all 3, they would all respawn. They would all spawn together and path off in various directions, but if you mashed the pet attack target button it would rock all 3 fast while you made a huge pile of skele corpses to sift through for chips.

This is correct. And you could AE them as well and have them respawn over and over, and hit pet attack if your AE missed one.

Wargazm
07-07-2010, 12:41 AM
go back to .40cal