PDA

View Full Version : Solution to not enough gods!

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-04-2010, 12:25 PM
I remember back in the day, gods/dragons being camped and timed... but I also remember periods where we had servers going down and patches nonstop, and on a server coming back up, well.... I know we killed Inny like 5 times one week $$$$

Phallax
07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
This has been discussed many times yo, they wont do "patch spawns" because of it being an emu server people will find and have found ways to crash the server purposely, so youd see it happen non stop to force spawn stuff.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Was only half serious lol....but man those were the days. Log in, petition for god zone repop with god.... assemble raid... man $$$$

girth
07-04-2010, 03:39 PM
This has been discussed many times yo, they wont do "patch spawns" because of it being an emu server people will find and have found ways to crash the server purposely, so youd see it happen non stop to force spawn stuff.

Except that we asked them for simulated patch day respawns and they won't do that either. Meaning if the zone goes down, it won't matter as bosses can't respawn from that. It's kinda bs as that cuts down on like 15-25% of boss kills we should get as a server, but w/e, still love it here. Just wish classic was the end all, be all of determining what goes in/out.

Phallax
07-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Except that we asked them for simulated patch day respawns and they won't do that either. Meaning if the zone goes down, it won't matter as bosses can't respawn from that. It's kinda bs as that cuts down on like 15-25% of boss kills we should get as a server, but w/e, still love it here. Just wish classic was the end all, be all of determining what goes in/out.

Its also stated that they patch alot more here than classic ever patched, so that arguement is still flawed. The only way to somewhat reinact patch day respawns would be for GMs to actually come in and spawn the bosses on patches they choose to.

girth
07-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Exactly. How hard is it to spawn 6 mobs once or twice a month?

You'd only have to do 5 though because Draco is spawning everytime CT does, so he spawns twice a week anyways.

astarothel
07-04-2010, 04:09 PM
GM triggered spawns would just lead to more OMGQQFAVORITISM crying. :(

Phallax
07-04-2010, 04:27 PM

Yea, theres that too :confused:

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-04-2010, 04:29 PM
well I used to get that, I'd petition for zone repop, they'd say give it time. I'd say, you need to repop it with god, it's a rule... and we got it $$$$ apparently it WAS a rule lol

guineapig
08-13-2010, 10:21 AM

Not if they post the script that they are using.

Give each raid boss a X% chance to spawn the other raid bosses. Once this happens trigger an X-day cooldown on the cycle. Rinse repeat. Make the percentages and cooldown period such that on average it would happen once every 1.5-2 weeks.

By using this script even the GM's aren't in control of when the bosses will spawn at once, it will be random.

Omnimorph
08-13-2010, 10:30 AM
With having all boss mobs spawn at a simultaneous times we'd have more guilds challenging for them rather than having the guilds that are prepared to dedicate their lives to camping them days in advance camping one boss after another. 4 bosses spawn, there'd still be competition for preference of the mob, as well as the fact that some bosses would take less time than others.

but actually I'm sure in the end it'd lead to just as much drama as the current system, if i were a gm i'd probably just say no.

guineapig
08-13-2010, 10:33 AM
With having all boss mobs spawn at a simultaneous times we'd have more guilds challenging for them rather than having the guilds that are prepared to dedicate their lives to camping them days in advance camping one boss after another. 4 bosses spawn, there'd still be competition for preference of the mob, as well as the fact that some bosses would take less time than others.

but actually I'm sure in the end it'd lead to just as much drama as the current system, if i were a gm i'd probably just say no.

I don't think there's that much drama any more. All I'm seeing is complacency. People are just waiting, hoping that Kunark will somehow change current events. With the increase in population it might not work out the way people are hoping it will.

vincin
08-13-2010, 10:39 AM
I think people who are camping a mob, and there is a person waiting, then there should be a taking turn policy. They can even group together to make it easier. Its the only fair way to put it. People who wouldnt follow that rule on Caiz-Thule server back in the day were quickly hated and trained by other players. They eventually quit because guilds were against them and they couldnt find a group.

guineapig
08-13-2010, 10:50 AM
I think people who are camping a mob, and there is a person waiting, then there should be a taking turn policy. They can even group together to make it easier. Its the only fair way to put it. People who wouldnt follow that rule on Caiz-Thule server back in the day were quickly hated and trained by other players. They eventually quit because guilds were against them and they couldnt find a group.

Were talking about raid bosses. People in these guilds are not looking for groups or friends outside of their own guild.