PDA

View Full Version : If you have been redirect to EQBrowser, do you now have a keylogger?

t0lkien
06-11-2013, 08:27 AM
... and if so, how to find and get rid of it? The Unity EQ in browser thing loaded for me once, and I clicked on the the "Git" link because I thought it might take me out of the page. In retrospect, silly, but meh. My virus checker has not found anything, but then if it's new I would expect that. Has anyone identified, found, and nuked anything malicious from that site?

t0lkien
06-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Why? Did they steal my megahertz??

Gadwen
06-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Why? Did they steal my megahertz??

Yes.

And all your platz.

Incognito
06-11-2013, 09:22 AM
This isnt RnF, he has a legitimate question. Stop trolling because hes worried one of these RnF forumquesters is actually redirecting people to a questionable page and is worried about his computer security.

Shouldn't have to deal with people like this

TarukShmaruk
06-11-2013, 09:24 AM
This isnt RnF, he has a legitimate question. Stop trolling because hes worried one of these RnF forumquesters is actually redirecting people to a questionable page and is worried about his computer security.

^^^

Thana8088
06-11-2013, 09:52 AM
What the shit?! Why isn't it fixed yet?

Furinex
06-11-2013, 09:53 AM

This

Nestea
06-11-2013, 09:59 AM
For a quick fix to the redirects, go to you're user CP page, click the edit ignore list link, an finally type in the name 10man and click ok. This will fix it until he creates a new forum name and you will have to repeat this process. In regards to the key logger I highly doubt it, dont viruses and Trojans typically come in executables? So I think you should be ok.

Thana8088
06-11-2013, 10:01 AM
For a quick fix to the redirects, go to you're user CP page, click the edit ignore list link, an finally type in the name 10man and click ok. This will fix it until he creates a new forum name and you will have to repeat this process. In regards to the key logger I highly doubt it, dont viruses and Trojans typically come in executables? So I think you should be ok.

Adding 10man to my ignore list worked. THANK YOU!

khanable
06-11-2013, 10:41 AM

^^^

At this time, I don't think visiting a website has done gone fucked up your 'puter.

Unless he has some sort of leet js exploit that isn't well known.

I think you're fine.

t0lkien
06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
^^^

At this time, I don't think visiting a website has done gone fucked up your 'puter.

Unless he has some sort of leet js exploit that isn't well known.

I think you're fine.

There have been many examples of malicious code triggered on people's systems simply by visiting websites. The page we were redirected to ran Unity code - who knows if a new vulnerability has been exploited in Unity. Do you? I sure don't. Hence my question.

RevengeofGio
06-11-2013, 11:45 AM
There have been many examples of malicious code triggered on people's systems simply by visiting websites. The page we were redirected to ran Unity code - who knows if a new vulnerability has been exploited in Unity. Do you? I sure don't. Hence my question.

Okay I'll answer with what I know (I'm by no means an expert).

1) Yes you can get all kinds of stuff from just visiting web pages or being redirected to them. It doesn't have to be something you directly download and run.

2) That being said Avast! picks up all kinds of stuff when I go to certain sites I cannot mention here and nothing came up from that Unity site.

3) Using his method of getting people to his site.... the thing is probably a keylogger or worse... I would not run it.

4) Can we run an IP trace and report him to homeland security? I know its not legal to do what he's doing.

Stinkum
06-11-2013, 12:06 PM
You guys are giving Salty way too much credit.

Salty is well known for failing at everything he's ever tried to do in his life.

Failed at EQ, failed at running foh forum, failed at starting his own company RL, the list goes on.

Barkingturtle
06-11-2013, 12:19 PM

Salty is well known for failing at everything he's ever tried to do in his life.

Failed at EQ, failed at running foh forum, failed at starting his own company RL, the list goes on.

khanable
06-11-2013, 12:25 PM

Sorry, I misread your OP. I didn't know you installed the Unity shit.

I know I didn't.

I'd be weary if I was you.

t0lkien
06-11-2013, 12:27 PM

How do you fail at running a forum?

Freakish
06-11-2013, 12:39 PM

God, the mouth on you!

Tecmos Deception
06-11-2013, 01:33 PM
I'd be weary if I was you.

Leery. Were.

Stibe
06-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Get rid of RnF and the people who post there.

Swish
06-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Get rid of RnF and the people who post there.

If you get rid of RnF they'll start up in here :p

Gadwen
06-11-2013, 02:41 PM

The trolls are the ones posting that everyone who goes to the site now has a keylogger.

August
06-11-2013, 02:46 PM
Installing a keylogger - probably not.

However, if you 'log in' using EQBrowser (I admin I have not been there) they could certainly cache your credentials and have your login server acct/ password.

Lots of things can happen from a website if you're not protected. Don't think you're safe just because you didn't click on anything.

Clark
06-11-2013, 02:54 PM
this is like the time I tried to download fraps off piratebay and didn't realise piratebay has links to virus's/ botnet

stupid fucking gay computer nerds

boudicca
06-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Being a failure doesn't stop script kiddies from using already established code.

Nirgon
06-11-2013, 03:07 PM
What a great way to advertise EQ Browser, I'm sure everyone thinks so highly of it now