PDA

View Full Version : EQEmuLauncher

Zordana
07-05-2010, 04:44 AM
Hey guys,

just wanted to post some statistics about EQEmuLauncher (http://moestaverne.com)..

Over 440 downloads, about 10.000 serverlist requests a day, over 300.000 server requests total, most users of this launcher play on p99 too :)

1400+ players started p99 since 19. june, 590+ started EZ server, the hidden forest is on #3 with 250+ starts...

And still, the only bug requests (total of 6 ever) seem to have to do with file access rights under windows vista/7, i still needa find a solution here tho..

But looks like you guys enjoy the launcher :)

more feedback tho please! ;)
know any features you'd think would make the launcher better? post them either here, at moestaverne.com (comments) or the moestaverne.com forum,
you can also send me a PM at that forum, or the p99 forum...

PS:
i also got a new website now, got tired of the old crap, didnt have time to do much, so i simply set up a joomla CMS ;)
checkout moestaverne.com

JaVeDK
07-05-2010, 07:30 AM
My only feedback is this: Thank you for this handy tool, and good job!

Muergan
07-05-2010, 12:08 PM
Hey i love you program but there is only one thing I would like to request so I can actually use it to launch eq. On my multicore system I have to make a custom shortcut that launches eq by opening a dos window and setting the cpu affinity before the program opens. Would it be possible to have your launcher access this shortcut to launch the game rather then having to find the exe itself in a folder.

Zordana
07-05-2010, 12:16 PM
Hey i love you program but there is only one thing I would like to request so I can actually use it to launch eq. On my multicore system I have to make a custom shortcut that launches eq by opening a dos window and setting the cpu affinity before the program opens. Would it be possible to have your launcher access this shortcut to launch the game rather then having to find the exe itself in a folder.

there is a checkbox for running EQ with only 1 cpu in the options, this only works if you set the "eqgame.exe" as EQ Exe path though..
you can also just set any shortcut to the eq exe path, so either you let EQEmuLauncher handle the 1 CPU stuff, or you use the shortcut, its up to you ;)

My only feedback is this: Thank you for this handy tool, and good job!

thanks alot, glad u enjoy it :)

Zordana
07-06-2010, 08:16 AM
new UI files added ;)

Tiggles
07-06-2010, 09:37 AM
the launcher kept overwriting the new spell file for the patch and would not let me play.

I had to bypass it and launch the game normally.

Toony
07-06-2010, 09:47 AM
the launcher kept overwriting the new spell file for the patch and would not let me play.

Same, whatever its writing boots me back to the login screen.

PhelanKA
07-06-2010, 10:04 AM

Same. This launcher does not work with P99.

Zordana
07-06-2010, 10:27 AM
can you explain this a bit more? i just tried it out and it worked fine, updated, patched, launched EQ and i could login etc

Merrik
07-06-2010, 01:05 PM
This happened to me too yesterday when I tried the launcher for the first time. It kept telling me that it couldn't find spells_us.txt in (drive)\emulauncher\files\791 (or some number close to that). An error message would pop up, I would click okay and EQ would launch, sometimes I'd get the loading bar, other times not, but ever single time the game would close itself before reaching character select. I basically had to re-install the game and patch everything manually to get it working again.

Zordana
07-06-2010, 01:24 PM
there was a bug with updating the spells_us.txt, fixed =)

Merrik
07-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Is this something you see happening every time we have a spell file update? I imagine the only way to update the spell file from the launcher is once you've personally downloaded the spell file and put it in the directory the launcher updates?

Not that this is really that big of an issue, everything else worked great and is a great time saver for getting the emu setup initially. Either way, thanks for fixing it quickly.

Zordana
07-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Is this something you see happening every time we have a spell file update? I imagine the only way to update the spell file from the launcher is once you've personally downloaded the spell file and put it in the directory the launcher updates?

Not that this is really that big of an issue, everything else worked great and is a great time saver for getting the emu setup initially. Either way, thanks for fixing it quickly.

it wasnt a bug in the launcher, it was a bug in the auto updater, in the forum (http://moestaverne.com/forum/) you can find a list of files which get automatically updated.

Overcast
07-06-2010, 04:14 PM
So does it put all the proper files in the proper place for PRoject1999, etc? or?

I need to use WinEQ2, I guess - otherwise it crashes on me when EQ tries to run.

Zordana
07-07-2010, 03:46 AM
So does it put all the proper files in the proper place for PRoject1999, etc? or?

well yeah :p

I need to use WinEQ2, I guess - otherwise it crashes on me when EQ tries to run.

thats also np as you can set a shortcut (your wineq2 shortcut) in the EQ Exe-Path field

Zordana
07-09-2010, 12:49 PM
everythin working smooth? no problem with anything? \o/

Zordana
07-12-2010, 01:42 PM
NEW UI!

i added the new UI to the p99 server at eqemulauncher -but i just removed the HOTBARS.
i really dont wanna resetup my hotkeys and i like having more than 1, so if you want the new hotbar aswell, you will have to manualy patch it! =)

Straif
07-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Launcher kicks ass.

One question though, will it interfere if two people are using it on the same IP address or does that relate to needing an IP exemption from GMs?

I already posted for an exemption so my brother and I could play at the same time, but no response as of yet. I'm not sure how that process works though. Just curious.

**EDIT**
I ask this because If the Launcher is opened first on one computer but doesn't log into game, the other account can't get past the character screen until the computer that had launcher open first is closed.

Zordana
07-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Launcher kicks ass.

One question though, will it interfere if two people are using it on the same IP address or does that relate to needing an IP exemption from GMs?

I already posted for an exemption so my brother and I could play at the same time, but no response as of yet. I'm not sure how that process works though. Just curious.

You need the IP excemption to be able to connect to project1999 with more than 1 account from the same IP.
The launcher is standalone. It basically just downloads updates from my website and patches your everquest client with those files, then starts everquest. EQEmuLauncher does not have any IP restrictions whatsoever :)