PDA

View Full Version : Trade Skills and Velious

zanderklocke
06-13-2013, 11:25 AM
I hear lots of people say that it's nice to have trade skills all set for velious and that they are used for specific quests and a lot more benefits than Kunark and classic. Would someone fill me on what the deal is with trade skills is in Velious?

Lyra
06-13-2013, 11:35 AM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Coldain_Prayer_Shawl_Quests

http://wiki.project1999.org/Coldain_Ring_Quests

These quests require trade skills.

Ele
06-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Coldain Shawl (might be lesser trivial levels since 8th shawl is not classic)

pottery - 162
baking - 122
tailoring - 208
fletching - 168
brewing - 168
jewelry - 162

Coldain Ring

brewing - 248
smithing - 41

Pottery for Thurgadin Gate potions like 124 trivial or something

Messianic
06-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Coldain Shawl (might be lesser trivial levels since 8th shawl is not classic)

pottery - 162
baking - 122
tailoring - 208
fletching - 168
brewing - 168
jewelry - 162

Coldain Ring

brewing - 248
smithing - 41

Pottery for Thurgadin Gate potions like 124 trivial or something

Ele, you probably get this all the time, but you're a badass.

heartbrand
06-13-2013, 11:59 AM
You need 41 tailoring for coldain ring 1 I believe

zanderklocke
06-13-2013, 12:07 PM
And flowing thought does nothing for a bard correct?

Nirgon
06-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Bard dirge takes mana. Isn't entirely worthless.

falkun
06-13-2013, 01:31 PM
And flowing thought does nothing for a bard correct?

FT does not increase bard mana regen, correct. And I believe the consensus is the 8th shawl was released during Luclin, so you will not see it on P99.

cs616
06-13-2013, 01:36 PM
FT does not increase bard mana regen, correct. And I believe the consensus is the 8th shawl was released during Luclin, so you will not see it on P99.

You sure? I was under the impression that FT did increase bard mana regen.

zanderklocke
06-13-2013, 01:40 PM
As of right now, nothing in game increases Bard regen. They can't use manastones etc.

Rezonation
06-13-2013, 01:40 PM

Same here. It was FT increases mana regen, but Bards don't benefit from Chanter clarity line.

getsome
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
FT is the only way bards can regen mana faster.

mana regen becomes very important when bards get fading memories.

here, I suppose it will help you charm faster after you die.

t0lkien
06-13-2013, 01:44 PM
FT is the only way bards can regen mana faster.

mana regen becomes very important when bards get fading memories.

here, I suppose it will help you charm faster after you die.

Bards never benefited from any mana regen that I remember (I only ever played a Bard). The only thing you could do was sit down. FM is an AA i.e. p99 will never see it, thankfully.

P.S. For reasons in the link in falkun's post below, FT was an abomination of bad design anyway. So much that happened in Luclin and beyond broke the game, and this was just one of those things. FT undermined two classes' defining abilities (Bards and Enchanters). Sony really had no clue.

falkun
06-13-2013, 01:47 PM

Not according to Thott:
http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/retune.php

getsome
06-13-2013, 01:51 PM
I played a bard from classic to pop. If it was patched in @ some point that may be the case. I just remember swapping in FT items after death in VT to regen my mana faster.

getsome
06-13-2013, 01:52 PM
This was a great site back in the day.

http://theconcerthall.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/3245#.UboGxJ3YCM8

falkun
06-13-2013, 02:11 PM
This was a great site back in the day.

http://theconcerthall.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/3245#.UboGxJ3YCM8

Yup...and they even discuss Thott's "Bard Retune" post and specifically FT not functioning for bards:

http://theconcerthall.yuku.com/reply/25822/Bard-Retune#reply-25822
I'm glad Thott mentioned the FT issue. Personally, I've been thinking since Luclin that we should get the effect of FT, but for a different reason than what he listed:

As it stands now, all casters have 3 sources of increased mana regen: Clarity Spells, FT/other mana regen items, and AA skills. (Technically, if they would add +Meditate% items available at lower levels, then they would have 4.) Bards, on the other hand, get one and only one source: AA skills, which can only be acquired by getting exp. Every other caster can get better mana regen as a result of grouping with other classes or as a result of raiding - bards are stuck with killing stuff ad nauseum, period.

Now, I can see why not allowing bards clarity spells is the current state of affairs - letting bards get the clarity effect from our songs alone would be the equivalent of instantly increasing our mana regen by 20,000%. However, given the limited number of FT items actually usable by bards, I feel that bards should be allowed to get the benefit from FT.

Actually, considering the number of items that should be useable by bards but aren't, seemingly because they have FT on them (like Narandi's Crown), I'm not sure if VI's developers even know that FT doesn't affect bards.

Speaking of bard equippability, why no comment on our eternal bugaboo of the chain/plate distinction and VI getting around to fixing the AC of items/making items bard equippable? Is it simply because making them go through their database would be too much work for them to consider it, or is it more that your complaints are centered around endgame concerns and VI's current all chain+ classes/ all plate classes equipment creation negates the problem in most cases?

And Thott, I have to say that this post is written with a rather fatalistic air (well, perhaps exasperation might be more accurate.) I take it the Bard Balancing Dev is no longer working for them and VI won't give you the time of day?

falkun
06-13-2013, 02:12 PM
I played a bard from classic to pop. If it was patched in @ some point that may be the case. I just remember swapping in FT items after death in VT to regen my mana faster.

It was patched in by Dec 8, 2002, because that's when the Bard Flowing Thought list was generated: http://theconcerthall.yuku.com/topic/3245/Bard-Flowing-Thought-List

Lyra
06-13-2013, 02:14 PM
. FT undermined two classes' defining abilities (Bards and Enchanters).

Funny, that's how I define bards and enchanters and they always get offended.

t0lkien
06-13-2013, 02:19 PM
Funny, that's how I define bards and enchanters and they always get offended.

Some of us were mana batteries, and proud. What else did we bring to the endgame except resists?

Nirgon
06-13-2013, 02:22 PM
I learned something from this epic bard discussion.

Lyra
06-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Some of us were mana batteries, and proud. What else did we bring to the endgame except resists?

Our puller was a bard.

t0lkien
06-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Our puller was a bard.

And yet monks are better in every way in that department up to Velious, aren't they? I know Thott loved pulling and championed Bards as raid pullers, but I think he got his way because he was one of the leaders. No way a Bard can split the guards around the AoW for instance. Even good monks had trouble.

Mind you, I have to admit I never really liked pulling as a Bard, unless it was an outdoor zone.

getsome
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM

Main tank bard could also max out damage shields.

Lyra
06-13-2013, 03:16 PM
And yet monks are better in every way in that department up to Velious, aren't they?

We had monk pullers at some point. To be honest, my memory is poor which is why I am little help to this project. (It does allow me to enjoy this server all the more)

http://www.afterlifeguild.org/Thott/bard_pulling.php

Thott's pulling rant to a monk:

While you may not like being forced into the role of damage dealer, consider this: it's better than the role of mana battery or AFK buffer, and that's what your role theft has reduced bards and enchanters to.

Nirgon
06-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Main tank bard could also max out damage shields.

Bard casted version of something should stack with every other version of something. Even if they are the same spell.

IE: Double flame shield buff, double tash on a mob (one from enchanter cast, one from a bard orb proc) etc.

falkun
06-13-2013, 04:14 PM
Bard casted version of something should stack with every other version of something. Even if they are the same spell.

IE: Double flame shield buff, double tash on a mob (one from enchanter cast, one from a bard orb proc) etc.

Already bug reported:

3 - A bard right click buff / debuff proc is suposed to stack with EVERYTHING. far from that here.