PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Power Leveling / MQ Question

Rastignac
06-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Hey All!

My brother and I are very new to the server, we have a 15 mage and 15 necro and are having a total blast. Our envious cousin has decided to join in with a bard or enchanter (really hope he chooses chanter!).

My question is this, how can we get him up to speed as quickly as possible? I'm not sure I fully understand the mechanics of experience credit for kills. Does he have to get 51% of the damage? Obviously we can't damage shield or heal him, so helping him get the kills seems like the only other option.

What about MQing quests for him? Gnoll Fangs vs CB Belts?

Any advice is welcome, I really want to get to the point where we can adventure together ASAP.

Cheers,
R

Wotsirb401
06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
i might be able to help him if I am around this weekend, I could plevel on my 60 necro

billpaleq
06-21-2013, 01:07 PM
If you give him the fangs or CB belts he can just turn them in and get all the xp. Getting to 15 on that will take a lot of belts and fangs but getting to like lvl 8 or 9 so you guys can group might not take that long.

Rastignac
06-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Thanks both of you! Which do you think is a better return between belts and fangs?

Wotsir, we will likely be on tonight around 9, mind if I give you a tell if you are on?

Shortened
06-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Hey Rast, I'm a 18 druid who would be willing to do some ghetto thorns pling for him for a bit if he is on now :)

Rastignac
06-21-2013, 01:34 PM
He won't be on until tonight, unfortunately, we have to install and patch for him : (

We are probably going to level him up in Steamfont, going from yard trash - kobolds - windmills - minos - sisters.

If you are in area we'd love some buffs!

Also, do you know anything about how much of a kill he has to get to get exp credit if we aren't grouped? For some reason I can't find updated info on this in the forums.

Meiva
06-21-2013, 01:37 PM
IIRC, the fangs are no drop.

I suggest Deathfist Belts. Have him level to level 4, then turn in all the belts. I collect belts during my free time to save for potential alts. This can PL him to at least level 12 within a couple of minutes, if you collect enough belts. CB belts are great too, but I believe DF Belts award more exp. Both types of belts are easy to acquire large quantities of, but don't be stealing camps from leveling groups!

I'd suggest one of you gathers CB belts as the other gathers DF belts. I'd estimate 5-8 bags of each type would get him close to, or beyond level 12! That may require a couple of hours of orc killing though.

*EDIT* - As for exp, he must do 51% of the damage to receive the exp but there are tricks. You can damage shield yourself, then have the lowbie monster whack you around a bit. He would only have to do 1 point of damage to get the exp for the kill. This allows you to tank for him. There is another trick with feign death, but your necro doesn't have that yet.

Wotsirb401
06-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Thanks both of you! Which do you think is a better return between belts and fangs?

Wotsir, we will likely be on tonight around 9, mind if I give you a tell if you are on?

You can send me a tell tonight, I am not sure what times I will be on. If Trak is still in window i likely will not be able to help but I might be able to use my monk

Rastignac
06-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks a lot, will definitely send you a tell!

Rastignac
06-21-2013, 02:13 PM
And thanks to you too Meiva, very helpful info.

If you don't mind me asking another question, what would you guys suggest to complete a Mage / Necro / _____ trio? Chanter seems great for mez and clarity. But a druid or shaman would be nice. Bard would be OK, I suppose...

Tasslehofp99
06-21-2013, 02:23 PM
I would say you guys could use your pets to damage mobs down to about 5-10%, and then have him finish the mob off after you've reclaimed or /pet goaway. I don't think this would be very efficient at your level though.

Wotsirb401
06-21-2013, 02:26 PM
And thanks to you too Meiva, very helpful info.

If you don't mind me asking another question, what would you guys suggest to complete a Mage / Necro / _____ trio? Chanter seems great for mez and clarity. But a druid or shaman would be nice. Bard would be OK, I suppose...

I would say shaman or cleric , you need heals to keep your pets up . shaman necro mage could trio a ton at high end levels .

xCry0x
06-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Enchanter.. Mages can chain pets as long as they have mana.. and a necro and a mage can heal their own pets if they wanted to.

The thing that slows casters down is mana, which enchanters solve. Plus once ench can start reliably charming you get 3 pets, clarity, crowd control, slow on the mob, haste on all the pets, weapons for pets from mage. Could basically chain fear mobs while pets murdered everything.

lecompte
06-21-2013, 07:11 PM
You are also welcome to send me a tell on one of my characters this evening, I'll be making a carrot cake tonight and can throw thorns and regen from time to time :). I'll be on in ~3.5 hours at 7 PM pst.

Rastignac
06-22-2013, 10:00 PM
Hey all! Sorry that I was not on last night, some fam stuff came up and I had to take care of it. If any of you are on tonight send my cousin a tell! His in-game name is Kabayakis and we are currently trying to get him out of Erudin. He chose chanter btw!

Xumosa
06-22-2013, 11:03 PM
bard or enchanter (really hope he chooses chanter!).

Bard would be OK, I suppose...

I suppose...

I suppose...

WHY SO MUCH HATE

Hex
06-22-2013, 11:13 PM
WHY SO MUCH HATE

There's not enough mobs!!!!!

citizen1080
06-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Dey tuk our merbs!

Auvdar
06-22-2013, 11:34 PM
If he doesn't go enchanter I got a lvl 19 enc alt that I'm slowly playing and can team up with you with.

Freakish
06-23-2013, 03:25 AM
MQ is not fully implemented on this server. If you come across a quest you would like to MQ with, make sure to look it up to see if its been enabled on this server. At least ask someone, before you turn in your items.

Rastignac
06-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. He chose chanter (contact us anyway Auvdar!) and we are currently helping him out at Kobold camps in Steamfont. If anyone feels like helping, we will be on tonight and all this week in the evenings.

My IGN is Boetius, btw.