PDA

View Full Version : velious port ground spawns

Kender
06-22-2013, 04:27 AM
remember when velious first came out you had to run to the portal rings and pick up a ground spawn before you could port there?

was such a cool idea. people had to actually go explore there first.

Will that be implemented here?

Kender
06-22-2013, 04:33 AM
p.s. each zone had it's own tooth. they were backwards compatible. so if you had the last tooth (cobalt scar) you could port everywhere. if you only had GD, you could go to iceclad and GD only

Iceclad < GD < WL < CS

Tasslehofp99
06-22-2013, 04:46 AM
There should be no reason this isn't implemented on velious release as far as I know. I also thought this was a cool idea back on live.

I was curious though does anyone remember the spawn time on them?

I predict many assholes will be sitting at the rings destroying teeth as they spawn to prevent other guilds.from progressing early on in velious.

Kender
06-22-2013, 04:52 AM
it was fast. like 20 seconds or something

Ele
06-22-2013, 08:17 AM
Doesn't get taken out until Luclin release day, so they better be in and required.

------------------------------
December 4, 2001 6:00 am
------------------------------

*** Welcome to Luclin ***

"As you know, youngster, we of the League of Antonican Bards have made
it our primary goal to travel to places before others. It is our duty
to see what hasn't yet been seen and to make song of it when we return.
We carry news, song and spirit to all of Norrath. We have also taken it
upon ourselves to carry personal news in the form of letters wherever
possible. And that's what I've called you here to talk about.

- Velious portal teeth (Great Divide, Wakening Lands and Cobalt Scar)
are no longer required to teleport to those locations. These items are
also no longer soul bound.

Ele
06-22-2013, 08:25 AM
There should be no reason this isn't implemented on velious release as far as I know. I also thought this was a cool idea back on live.

I was curious though does anyone remember the spawn time on them?

I predict many assholes will be sitting at the rings destroying teeth as they spawn to prevent other guilds.from progressing early on in velious.

Even if someone wanted to waste their time trying to pick up ground spawns, it only hinders return trips via porting. You can still run all you want.

June-08-2001 Posting:
"All teeth are on a 30 second respawn timer."
http://eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3417

Rooj
06-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Ha, I'd forgotten about these. Man, there's so much I've forgotten about these old days. Cannot wait! :):):):):)

tacite
06-22-2013, 10:32 AM
I totally forgot about this, that's awesome and I can't wait to do the run. Ground spawns on P99 seem to be instant repop too (definitely not 30 seconds, seems like .5), so it shouldn't be too difficult to grab a tooth, even if entire guilds are collecting.

pasi
06-22-2013, 10:37 AM
I eagerly await the day when 300 people are all trying to killsteal Ziglark Whisperwing. That fucker is going to have a 3 second lifespan for the first 24 hours.

Tasslehofp99
06-22-2013, 10:39 AM
I totally forgot about this, that's awesome and I can't wait to do the run. Ground spawns on P99 seem to be instant repop too (definitely not 30 seconds, seems like .5), so it shouldn't be too difficult to grab a tooth, even if entire guilds are collecting.

I'm fairly sure every "ground spawn" is on its own timer.

Aeolwind
06-22-2013, 10:45 AM
And initially, you had to carry every tooth. It was a while before they made the teeth backwards compatible.

I hate your bag space.

Thulack
06-22-2013, 10:47 AM
And initially, you had to carry every tooth. It was a while before they made the teeth backwards compatible.

I hate your bag space.

4 more bags spaces gone!! :)

nilbog
06-22-2013, 02:13 PM
remember when velious first came out you had to run to the portal rings and pick up a ground spawn before you could port there?

was such a cool idea. people had to actually go explore there first.

Will that be implemented here?

Teeth graphic found, made soulbound, and set to appropriate locs at the dragon circles. Will be working at release.

I thought they always worked like that, but people didn't want to delete their existing keys for testing purposes. Need more infoooos.

Cobalt Scar was the only tooth necessary to port to all the dragon ring locations. If you obtained the tooth of the great divide, you could be ported to great divide. If you obtained the Wakening Lands tooth, you could be ported to WL or GD. If you obtained the tooth of the cobalt scar, you could be ported to CS, WL, or GD. There was no restriction on Iceclad.

Alarti0001
06-22-2013, 02:17 PM
I thought they always worked like that, but people didn't want to delete their existing keys for testing purposes. Need more infoooos.

Cobalt Scar was the only tooth necessary to port to all the dragon ring locations. If you obtained the tooth of the great divide, you could be ported to great divide. If you obtained the Wakening Lands tooth, you could be ported to WL or GD. If you obtained the tooth of the cobalt scar, you could be ported to CS, WL, or GD. There was no restriction on Iceclad.

As a wizard on live... this is how I remember it

Aeolwind
06-22-2013, 10:18 PM
Damnit, I'm gonna have to log into live cause I think I still have the teeth.

Tasslehofp99
06-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Teeth graphic found, made soulbound, and set to appropriate locs at the dragon circles. Will be working at release.

As a druid On live this is also how I remember it. The cobalt scar tooth allowed you to port into all thr druid rings but it was the harder one to get. Once you would get the CS tooth you could port to any of the rings. I also remmember being able to port into iceclad without a tooth initially but I'm not surr if this was how it worked on release.

I know the velious port spells weren't sold anywhere but on velious so off the bat you had to take the boat. There was at some point an npc added to ec tunnel near shady that sold certain velious spells but I'm thinking that may have been added in later on.

Aeolwind
06-24-2013, 08:58 PM
I know the velious port spells weren't sold anywhere but on velious so off the bat you had to take the boat. There was at some point an npc added to ec tunnel near shady that sold certain velious spells but I'm thinking that may have been added in later on.

The gate spells were sold in North Karana and somewhere else, but I don't remember right off.

Brut
06-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Does that even work?

I'm pretty sure p99 like pretty much all emu serves has issues with ground spawns in that anyone who zones can see them, but a player who was there picking the last one up can't. Like if I go pick up Book of Souls in Hate, then another rogue who just ported up runs there, he sees another Book already on the table but I don't.