PDA

View Full Version : Should I start a livestream channel?

Syncorio
06-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Hello there,

I'm new to everquest P1999, and i've had a great time so far! Lots of great people on the server as well! A great community! Keep up the amazing work p99!

Anyways, I hear alot of people are getting into this new livestreaming system that twitch.tv has set up, using software such as Xsplit and whatnot.
Usually everyone streams P1999 to this directory - http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/EverQuest

It does sounds fun to try it out, but it does sound a bit difficult along with time consuming and putting effort into it.
I have alot of time on my hands for the summer and possibly other times this year, and when i'm not recording on everquest is when i'm grinding/doing something that people wouldn't normally want to watch.

I wanted to hear from the community weather or not if this was worth a go? Although it would be more of a chill livestream. It would be one of those things where I can just chill out with the chat, not being too exciting, but all at the same time, you can pop in if you just feel like it.

Hex
06-24-2013, 03:26 AM
I just started doing it, and night 1, went from level 1 - 5, and had about 20 total viewers come in. Was fun.

Tecmos Deception
06-24-2013, 08:15 AM
I really didn't find streaming to be too difficult to set up, and I went into it knowing nothing about the process.