PDA

View Full Version : 55+ ogre shammies please chime in on some soloing strats

spoils
06-24-2013, 12:06 PM
Just bought me a shammy to doink around with solo...

I've played one on live for a bit but grouped most of the time so that's easy enough...

Just wanted to get an idea of what spells you're using in what order...

Mine is simply:

Open with Root, Malo, Slow, Epic, JBB, Canni, and repeat between epic, jbb, canni (when i can) as needed.

I typically root only once to make sure malo, slow, epic lands then tank it

any other thoughts? any other specific gear that are must haves other than fungi/jbb and ECTunnel gear that i can get under 20k?

ramul
06-24-2013, 12:25 PM
I had an iksar, which can't wear JBB. Does using JBB make root break a shitton? Curious incase I reroll another shaman when I sell my Iksar.

ramul
06-24-2013, 12:26 PM
Oh, also to maximize efficiency, I start casting my epic right before the 154 damage tick is about to hit, so it lands right after the 165 one hits.

Aaron
06-24-2013, 12:47 PM
I'm a Troll. Can I answer?

I don't JBB when root/rotting unless it's to finish off an almost dead mob.

Typically, I root, Epic + Plague/BoN until dead. Refreshing Epic DoT about 4 seconds into the 143 tick.

If I melee (which I almost never do solo), then I slow/DoT/pet attack/JBB until dead.

More efficient to root/rot though because you can kill multiples at a time while keeping mana up.

I honestly don't think JBB is a must-have for shamans. It's okay every once in a while, but nothing close to as awesome as the epic dot.

spoils
06-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Non ogres very welcome here! I just figure most shammies were just slow tanking...perhaps just the lvl 60 ones with torpor heh.

So yea maybe rootrotting might be best until 60

Aaron
06-24-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm a lvl 60 with Torpor. But yeah, when fighting higher lvl mobs that summon, you pretty much have to tank.

But most mobs you solo for exp will not summon.

spoils
06-24-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm a lvl 60 with Torpor. But yeah, when fighting higher lvl mobs that summon, you pretty much have to tank.

But most mobs you solo for exp will not summon.

do you find that it's more efficient to just root rot? when i say slow tanking mobs, i include a dual weilding pet for mana-free dps.

oh yea what are most of yall farming? or are you all pushing your limits to see what you can do?

Ele
06-24-2013, 03:43 PM
do you find that it's more efficient to just root rot? when i say slow tanking mobs, i include a dual weilding pet for mana-free dps.

oh yea what are most of yall farming? or are you all pushing your limits to see what you can do?

no duel wielding shaman pets here, or any wielding for that matter, that got patched out last year

Kanras: Shaman pet can no longer accept weapons.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65473

spoils
06-24-2013, 03:45 PM
damnit...

ok well the question still remains i guess...tank+pet? or just sit back and root/rot but expend more mana?

ramul
06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
The thing with shammy is, root/rot with epic doesn't cost shit for mana. And it's just as quick if you kill ~5 mobs at once. Epic is pretty OP. I don't ever tank and spank with pet.

spoils
06-24-2013, 04:15 PM
sounds interesting for sure...i'd just get worried about krups with their 7-8kish hitpoints...that's a lot of epic clicking...

Lojik
06-24-2013, 05:10 PM
sounds interesting for sure...i'd just get worried about krups with their 7-8kish hitpoints...that's a lot of epic clicking...

If you're soloing for exp I don't think seb is the way to go. Aren't HS/Solb the hotspots? Thought the method was something like suicide pet in, root 4 mobs epic dot them to death.

ramul
06-24-2013, 05:27 PM
CoM wall, or whatever the balcony area is called, is great until 59-60. Seriously.

Aaron
06-24-2013, 06:07 PM

Shamans don't solo Seb for xp.

HS, SolB, to a lesser extent, KC and CoM.

No reason to be anywhere else if you're soloing.

spoils
06-24-2013, 06:24 PM
ya i think i'm more interested in farming strats. if i was xping i'd just do solb...

I'm considering trying out the whole solo challenge thing that Loraen put together...though those guys are NUTS

It's unfortunate that the top soloers on the list are barb, yet the majority keeps saying Ogre>Barb

Lojik
06-24-2013, 09:39 PM
ya i think i'm more interested in farming strats. if i was xping i'd just do solb...

I'm considering trying out the whole solo challenge thing that Loraen put together...though those guys are NUTS

It's unfortunate that the top soloers on the list are barb, yet the majority keeps saying Ogre>Barb

Race doesn't matter as much as some people make it out to.

Estu
06-25-2013, 07:48 AM
If you're trying to solo farm difficult monsters then Torpor will really make all the difference. Weird to try to do it at 55 instead of waiting until 60.

Slytherin
06-25-2013, 08:03 AM
If you're trying to solo farm difficult monsters then Torpor will really make all the difference. Weird to try to do it at 55 instead of waiting until 60.

You'll also need to purchase two Puppet Strings for charming like the shamans on the list are using.

spoils
06-25-2013, 09:09 AM
You'll also need to purchase two Puppet Strings for charming like the shamans on the list are using.

dammit.

spoils
06-25-2013, 10:49 AM
so in thinking about the monstrous cost of high lvl shaman spells...where's best place to farm them?

Skyfire? Juggs?

Aaron
06-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Yes.

Aaron
06-25-2013, 03:37 PM

Actually, most of that is doable without Strings and only a couple below Godmode require them (ie Black Reaver on account of being immune to magic).

ramul
06-25-2013, 03:40 PM
so in thinking about the monstrous cost of high lvl shaman spells...where's best place to farm them?

Skyfire? Juggs?

Also Cliff Golems in OT. Bring a friend(Enchanter probably or Monk)