PDA

View Full Version : Sir Lucan D'Lere?

Molitoth
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
I've been wanting to kill him for awhile now and he is NEVER up.

I know there isn't THAT many Paladins on the server weilding Soulfire.

Are guilds really camping him for CH charges? That's how bored you are?

What the dealio? =)

Koota
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Are guilds really camping him for CH charges? That's how bored you are?

Oh hi, you must be new here.

Atennu
07-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I dont think a <Guild> is camping him for CH charges.... it's the fact it can be used by ANY class.

Last i knew he was spawning around 6am pst saturday mornings. That was 6 weeks ago when i helped a paladin, with a paladin alt get his.

Miss ya Karsten!

Deric
07-06-2010, 12:16 PM
He has been almost permanently camped since January. That was even before they patched in the "anyone can click" many months ago.

Molitoth
07-06-2010, 02:11 PM
*sigh*

Deric
07-06-2010, 05:28 PM
You can try camping at him with a "force" to kill him~ not sure how much in advanced you'd need to get there though..

Droxx
07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Yep. 1 week spawn with 0 variance. Should have the same spawn window as the other 1 week mobs imo!

Molitoth
07-06-2010, 07:32 PM
I wish need before greed applied here... lol

Lukan
07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
I know he was killed for need and not greed this past Saturday, just need to make sure your guild is there with sufficient force when he is due to pop.

Arclanz
07-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Considering my main was a Paladin, and considering the OPs concerns, it irks me to see lower level Paladins on this server (below 46) twinked with Soulfire. However, if the OP is not 46+ then I can't really support his/her cause. I personally frown upon twinking an epic like Soulfire. I just started playing two nights ago and did not roll a Paladin specifically because of this thread.

But ya, OP you have to find out when lucan is next killed; bring your group or raid there an hour before NEXT repop and park in the room. According to the server rules, it WILL be your camp.

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah it sucks. One thing about classic I didn't like, and don't here, I would've had some things be certain classes only..

Flicka
07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Considering my main was a Paladin, and considering the OPs concerns, it irks me to see lower level Paladins on this server (below 46) twinked with Soulfire. However, if the OP is not 46+ then I can't really support his/her cause. I personally frown upon twinking an epic like Soulfire. I just started playing two nights ago and did not roll a Paladin specifically because of this thread.

But ya, OP you have to find out when lucan is next killed; bring your group or raid there an hour before NEXT repop and park in the room. According to the server rules, it WILL be your camp.:confused: I'm not sure why being under lvl 46 and getting this sword would be consided twinking. Both of our guild Paladins (and ather non-Sapientia Paladin we helped) have it, and at the point where we got Lucan this was the ONLY thing they needed, they did the rest of the quest on their own. At lvl 46 or even 50 they still would not have been able to do this solo, soooo what's the deal really? I could see your point if there were some lvl 10's running around brandishing a flaming sword, but otherwise, no I don't see it.

More importantly, how have the guard's being buffed changed this camp? is Sir Lucan now about unkillable & mr? *popcorn*

mmiles8
07-15-2010, 08:42 AM
The guards weren't buffed up AFAIK, it was just a spawn time change

Reiker
07-15-2010, 08:46 AM
A paladin can solo Lucan, all he has to do is level an enchanter to 50.

Arclanz
07-15-2010, 10:56 AM
If the paladin getting soulfire is not the one tanking lucan, or doing any damage at all to him; i'd consider that twinking. Of course I suspect the tactic for lucan was to kite him. But I'm not saying folks who do that are EVOL. Just saying I personally do not care for paladins incapable of getting into the planes to have soulfire.