PDA

View Full Version : Progress of Maintenance Day simulation?

Ruenaros
06-24-2013, 02:03 PM
I am just curious if this idea got shit-canned, or is still in the works? I don't believe there has been any updates on this from Nilbog or Rogean since the below was posted ~8 months ago.

Keepin' hope alive!

Here is what nilbog and I are currently planning/designing/brainstorming:

We will be cutting the variance in half on the existing raid spawns.

We will be implementing an FTE notice of some sort, whether this is an emote or some type of message.

We will be implementing a simulated patch day respawn. Here is how it will work.

The server will pick one day of each week (Random 1 to 7, Sunday through Saturday). It will then pick a random time. I will not disclose the range of the possible times, but it will only include afternoon and evening hours, so as to give the best chance for the most people to benefit from it.

A serverwide message will go off indicating that the simulated patch day respawn has or will be taking effect shortly. All raid mobs will (either immediately, delayed, or spanned, tbd) respawn.

These respawns will NOT affect the normal respawn times of the mob. For example. If Talendor was killed on Monday, and on death the server determined he would spawn again on Sunday. A simulated patch day occurs on Thursday, his death on Thursday will not reset his scheduled respawn time on Sunday.
Exception: If the mob's spawn time is scheduled to occur within (To be determined, probably either 6 or 12 hours) of the simulated patch day respawn, it will calculate a new spawn time for the mob as it would had he been killed normally, when he dies from the simulated respawn.

Discuss, and know that this system is not final, now or even when it goes live. We will evaluate how it plays out.

Kope
06-24-2013, 02:07 PM
After Rogean mentioned it was going to be implemented in the next patch at the time, there were a couple of raid changes that happened but not this (obviously).

Ruenaros
06-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Right... but the current changes sounded accidental, and wasn't necessarily indicative that they had given up on this.

Cecily
06-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Were those last 2 repops actual patches then? I was all excited that this was happening, but no. A lie. It was all a lie. I REALLY like repops, because of the 3 day break from raiding. I get to actually play my main for a change.

Ruenaros
06-24-2013, 04:46 PM
I would like it because it would enable the less hardcore guilds a crack at some mobs, while the upper tiers battle it out over the highly desired ones. That's pretty much how it went in EQ classic. Rather than the near total domination of every halfway-desireable mob we have right now... which sucks unless you're in one of those hardcore guilds (and apparently in some ways even if you are!).

Prioritizing targets, splitting your raid force up between multiple ones, mobilizing quickly to the next one... that's supposed to be part of the game.

Aaron
06-24-2013, 06:16 PM
I would like it because it would enable the less hardcore guilds a crack at some mobs, while the upper tiers battle it out over the highly desired ones. That's pretty much how it went in EQ classic. Rather than the near total domination of every halfway-desireable mob we have right now... which sucks unless you're in one of those hardcore guilds (and apparently in some ways even if you are!).

Prioritizing targets, splitting your raid force up between multiple ones, mobilizing quickly to the next one... that's supposed to be part of the game.

This exactly.

Ruenaros
06-27-2013, 12:11 PM
shameless bump, I can't be the only one who was looking forward to this?

Rezonation
06-27-2013, 12:24 PM
One of the other side effects of a server reset is the list of items merchants sell were also wiped to their default itemization. If we're going for patch day maintenance emulation, I think this should be included also (if possible.)

falkun
06-27-2013, 12:41 PM
One of the other side effects of a server reset is the list of items merchants sell were also wiped to their default itemization. If we're going for patch day maintenance emulation, I think this should be included also (if possible.)

It is (or always has been in the passed). If they restart the server for repops, merchants are emptied out as well.

Ele
06-27-2013, 12:46 PM
It is (or always has been in the passed). If they restart the server for repops, merchants are emptied out as well.

And can we get people not to sell junk to every single vendor in a zone. Some of us like to recharge. gosh.

Clark
06-27-2013, 01:23 PM
Were those last 2 repops actual patches then? I was all excited that this was happening, but no. A lie. It was all a lie. I REALLY like repops, because of the 3 day break from raiding. I get to actually play my main for a change.

gotta kinda agree, even though I don't like the idea of repops

Droog007
06-27-2013, 01:47 PM
... I REALLY like repops, because of the 3 day break from raiding. I get to actually play my main for a change.

Straight from the horse's mouth. Ask yourself why you participate in the jealous hoarding of raid targets when you'd clearly prefer to be doing something else...

Gadwen
06-27-2013, 02:06 PM
Straight from the horse's mouth. Ask yourself why you participate in the jealous hoarding of raid targets when you'd clearly prefer to be doing something else...

Well everyone has to be proud of something