PDA

View Full Version : How many rubies for an Ivandyr's Hoop?

texwilly
06-25-2013, 04:37 PM
As the subject implies, about how many rubies are people finding it takes for an Ivandyr's Hoop off of Lynuga? I'm debating if I want to invest in rubies or buy a hoop outright. There should be plenty of infor on this since so many midnight mallets are purchased.

Thulack
06-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Completely random. Any number someone gives you is just a random number they have come up with. Ive known so people get hoop on first ruby and some take 20 rubies.

quido
06-25-2013, 04:41 PM
bout 30k

xCry0x
06-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Are you in a guild that makes mallets regularly? I know I have seen officers offer (internally) a hoop for 10 rubies since they occasionally get a hoop while making mallets.

Ele
06-25-2013, 05:12 PM
oh god, recharge those mallets

Ivandyr's Hoop
This item has caused an inbalance in the raid game, and as such we have made some changes. In addition to a global resist increase to all lifetap spells, Ivandyr's Hoop has had it's rarity slightly increased, it has had it's merchant value removed (it can not be sold or recharged to merchants), and it will be disabled in Veeshan's Peak. We will evaluate if further changes need to be made.

Funkutron5000
06-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Ah, the good ol' "suck it, necros" patch.

xCry0x
06-25-2013, 05:36 PM

Yea well they fall through the cracks eventually =P

TarukShmaruk
06-25-2013, 05:59 PM

wtf?

Why on earth would they need to go this heavy-handed?

If people are hooping the shit out of 32k hp mobs, can't they just address the hoop itself rather than globally fuck necros?

I'm curious if you can tell me what warranted such a change and if it still exists today.

Ele
06-25-2013, 06:30 PM
wtf?

If people are hooping the shit out of 32k hp mobs, can't they just address the hoop itself rather than globally fuck necros?

I'm curious if you can tell me what warranted such a change and if it still exists today.

That patch went in almost 2 years ago (Sept. 2011)

The hooping of most raid bosses, and it doesn't exist today because the hoop was nerfed. If it was unnerfed though usage of hoops would return because it is simply too easy.

Devs are of the opinion that the lifetaps are appropriately balanced versus raid bosses at this time.

Ele
06-25-2013, 06:42 PM
To address the original point:

If Rubies are ~125p each, and the average price of the hoop is ~2500p, you'll break even at 20 turn-ins. If you sell the axe/mallets, you'll make out even better. But you'll have to deal with tracking down the turn-in troll when she is up and dealing with selling the lore axe/mallet.

TarukShmaruk
06-25-2013, 07:15 PM
That patch went in almost 2 years ago (Sept. 2011)

The hooping of most raid bosses, and it doesn't exist today because the hoop was nerfed. If it was unnerfed though usage of hoops would return because it is simply too easy.

Devs are of the opinion that the lifetaps are appropriately balanced versus raid bosses at this time.

If we're going to rebalance classic be damned, why not just fix Rangers while we're at it?

Swish
06-25-2013, 07:47 PM
How often does she spawn? Hard to find any reliable info :p

Freakish
06-25-2013, 08:02 PM

If Rubies are ~125p each, and the average price of the hoop is ~2500p, you'll break even at 20 turn-ins. If you sell the axe/mallets, you'll make out even better. But you'll have to deal with tracking down the turn-in troll when she is up and dealing with selling the lore axe/mallet.

Let's say Rubies are 125p each. It's not as simple as 20 turn ins, because you get plat back from vendoring the lore axe/mallet.
You vendor the axe/mallet, and don't bother hitting up ec to make a profit. They vendor around 75p each, so each hoop failure costs you 50p. As long as you get a hoop within 50 rubies, you've spent less than or equal to buying it in EC.

Swish
06-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Let's say Rubies are 125p each. It's not as simple as 20 turn ins, because you get plat back from vendoring the lore axe/mallet.
You vendor the axe/mallet, and don't bother hitting up ec to make a profit. They vendor around 75p each, so each hoop failure costs you 50p. As long as you get a hoop within 50 rubies, you've spent less than or equal to buying it in EC.

If people have the patience to vendor ~30 axes individually I'd be surprised

Freakish
06-25-2013, 08:15 PM
It's not very difficult if you just snare the troll next to the vendor and walk 10 feet back and forth. Or charm and stand next to the vendor.

Swish
06-25-2013, 10:54 PM
It's not very difficult if you just snare the troll next to the vendor and walk 10 feet back and forth. Or charm and stand next to the vendor.

If you happen to be an enchanter or snare class, that's a good idea :) ...just don't go too near the guards, they'll slay her in about 5 seconds.

thieros
06-26-2013, 08:36 AM

and dealing with selling the lore axe/mallet.

lore axe/mallet.

lorax!!!!

nilbog
06-26-2013, 12:48 PM
wtf?

Fixed a variety of things with the changes of that patch. Ivandyr's Hoop was ktfo-ed though, certainly. You see, Lynuga had not been despawning. That combined with vendor recharging led to raids geared out with hoops. What I personally would have wanted: all Ivandyr's Hoops, Midnight Mallets, and Brutechoppers removed from the game for a clean slate. Fix Lynuga spawn, respawn, and custom nerf the buyback price of the Hoop. Then, see what happens. If it was still an issue, block spirit tap from the Hoop in certain areas.

Since that patch, people assume and ask why were necros nerfed? They weren't custom nerfed. It is a misconception that lifetaps should work on all raid npcs. Lifetaps were given a resist mod, like they should have.

For additional reading :
http://web.archive.org/web/200101231906/http://forums.castersrealm.com/eq/Forum8/HTML/000930.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200101271415/http://forums.castersrealm.com/eq/Forum8/HTML/001495.html

To make sure I'm still up to date with lifetaps, I just went to Sebilis and chain lifetapped a juggernaut with level 1 lifetap. Worked fine.

TarukShmaruk
06-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Fixed a variety of things with the changes of that patch. Ivandyr's Hoop was ktfo-ed though, certainly. You see, Lynuga had not been despawning. That combined with vendor recharging led to raids geared out with hoops. What I personally would have wanted: all Ivandyr's Hoops, Midnight Mallets, and Brutechoppers removed from the game for a clean slate. Fix Lynuga spawn, respawn, and custom nerf the buyback price of the Hoop. Then, see what happens. If it was still an issue, block spirit tap from the Hoop in certain areas.

Since that patch, people assume and ask why were necros nerfed? They weren't custom nerfed. It is a misconception that lifetaps should work on all raid npcs. Lifetaps were given a resist mod, like they should have.

For additional reading :
http://web.archive.org/web/200101231906/http://forums.castersrealm.com/eq/Forum8/HTML/000930.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200101271415/http://forums.castersrealm.com/eq/Forum8/HTML/001495.html

To make sure I'm still up to date with lifetaps, I just went to Sebilis and chain lifetapped a juggernaut with level 1 lifetap. Worked fine.

Thanks so much for the response. This makes sense.

Wotsirb401
06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
I think she spawns every like 5 hours or something, number could be off by a few hours

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-26-2013, 10:58 PM
one.

no joke. I was bound in the troll city, saw the fine ass troll lady walking around, and was first time since I joined the server I had seen her up, decided why not since I had a few hundred plat. For old time's sake, thought I.

one ruby, one earring.

sometimes, you get real lucky.

Messianic
06-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Completely random. Any number someone gives you is just a random number they have come up with. Ive known so people get hoop on first ruby and some take 20 rubies.

Ehh....

Statistical probabilities are a real thing. Just takes enough data to determine what they are. I'm sure some of the ubergamers out there have good data on this, it's just a matter of whether that data is available...That said, the likelihood of *not getting* a hoop within a certain number of rubies is an actual number. You could technically never get one, but the probability of that happening is so astronomical that it doesn't actually happen, which pretty much proves my first sentence.

Of course, i'm sure the probability of each reward is easily discernible if you have database access. ;P

Missingo
07-19-2013, 10:38 PM
So the Ivandyr's Hoop ability was different on classic/live? Why are we changing items from what they were on classic even if they were broken? Like one poster said, why not fix rangers then?

falkun
07-19-2013, 10:40 PM
I've gotten a hoop in as few as 6 rubies. However my last round was 20-24 rubies and zero hoops.

SamwiseRed
07-19-2013, 11:10 PM
item recharging is retarded anyway. wipe it clean.