PDA

View Full Version : New to Project 99. Been playing EQ since EQOA in 2002.

Tsoukalos
06-26-2013, 10:57 AM
Hey everyone, I'm Tsoukalos, a level 6 Warrior right now and the reason myself and my cousin, Thievism, came to the game is to relive our EQOA days and this game is as close as it gets. We love the difficulty and the fun factor the game brings. Also I love the community P99 has and I really hope to meet some friends here and see what happens. Also I'm a YouTube comedian.. haven't made any videos since last year but I moved from Philly to Florida in the past year so I've had a lot going on.

Anyhow, I'm looking, as well as my cousin, for a great guild to help us out and one that has a great community..

I'm a level 6 Halfling Warrior, he's a level 7 Halfling Rogue. My name is Tsoukalos in game, his is Thievism. If you see us around, don't hesitate to say hi!

Lons
06-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Met you yesterday in Misty Thicket, hope you enjoy that banded set.

Welcome, once again, to the community!

If you need any help or have any questions, look me up.

Khaleesi
06-26-2013, 11:35 AM
If you're looking for something like EQOA, (Controller or Keyboard/mouse based), there's :

Vanguard - what you'll notice immediately is the lack of instancing. Like EQOA you can run in and out of a cave without loading.
NeverWinter online - what you'll notice that's similar to EQOA is the pace and simplicity of the action, very on the move and on the go.

Also, EQOA petition you should sign http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112086

Enjoy EverQuest, though be open minded to playing some other game on the side - EQ's return investment plan isn't always fruitful.

Tsoukalos
06-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Met you yesterday in Misty Thicket, hope you enjoy that banded set.

Welcome, once again, to the community!

If you need any help or have any questions, look me up.

I definitely do, and again, I greatly appreciate it!

And I do plan to main this game because it really brings me back to those EQOA days, it feels just right. I feel like when I hit level 60 I'll be able to do the same things as I did on there, the community seems to be the same, everything seems to be the same in P99 except of course it's not seriously EQOA. And as for those other games, Vanguard is completely dead, it probably has as much people as Red99 and Red99 isn't dead when it comes to Private Servers but for a Live.. it really has nothing going for it.

Neverwinter.. Heard about that alot, maybe I'll give that a try sometime.

Anyways, I hope my plan to main this MMO doesn't backfire!

khanable
06-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Ah, EQOA.. shit was fun. Played Castle Lightwolf as Kijaroh in Neversleep. That was probably the ONLY MMO that I've actually fallen asleep multiple times while playing, just due to the whole laying in bed/tv thing.

I think I hit 50 within a month and quit shortly after killing all the dragons. :(

Anyway, welcome!

Bleui
06-29-2013, 12:05 AM
Ortaf 60 Necromancer from Marrs Fist reporting in! I am playing on and off for the same reasons, it feels very nostalgic even tho p99 was my first dose of eqpc.

Welcome!

SCB
06-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Can anyone describe EQOA? Google didn't turn up much real description.

Shocore
06-29-2013, 05:50 AM
I'm Tsoukalos

http://www.ufocasebook.com/2011/giorgiotsoukalos.jpg