PDA

View Full Version : Firepot bound chars in velious??

duneadx
06-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi all. Just gauging the public to see if they think the value of a firepot bound character will increase with velious or decrease. Part of me thinks it should decrease because of its lack of contact with velious, but then again people will be stripping their chars of firepot binds to relocate in velious, leaving a smaller amount of firepot bound chars in circulation. Thoughts?

Ele
06-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Plane of Mischief becomes the new hot bind zone with easy access to WW/ToV and Skyshrine. With access to Thurgadin via gate potions.

Freakish
06-27-2013, 10:13 PM
Gate potions are the only reason to ever level up pottery.

Sebastionleo
06-27-2013, 10:20 PM
I can't believe I never heard of the firepot before, why would chars bound there be so worth having, can you not go there on your own anymore or something?

SCB
06-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Being able to gate there and then port anywhere is invaluable.

Ele
06-27-2013, 10:26 PM
I can't believe I never heard of the firepot before, why would chars bound there be so worth having, can you not go there on your own anymore or something?

Timorous Deep (where the firepots (http://wiki.project1999.org/Firepot#Timorous_Deep_Teleportation_Room_Guide) are located) is not allowed for binding anymore anywhere in the zone. It only lasted a week on live (same here), when Verant figured out people liked the free and easy porting on any class that could bind.

Sebastionleo
06-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Ahhh, got it. That's pretty cool, wish I'd been around when kunark released.

Buellen
06-27-2013, 10:32 PM
bind in fiona at docs if you a gate casting class you only need a decent swim skill above say 100 and you can swim to fire pot room in relatively short time faster is you skill is over 150.

Their is little to no danger my cleric use to do this swim starting level 20 to get around the world.

its roughly 15min for boat cycle in fiona. get on boat zone into timorous jump of boat swim south till neg 10k then turn right and swim till you reach neg 12k , 4k. thier the portal marking the firepot room.

I have never had a fire gator agro on me. and never seen the elusive dragon that supposed to path by their <faydwer>.

Heck my war swim this all the time when i want to sell in ec or help friends out in old world.

My 2 cents

Garue 40th level Half Elf Warrior follower of karana.

Ps

to orig poster its just a matter of convienence why some folks value toon bound in the fire pot room. To me its not worth what folks asking for said toons i can make the swim in under 15min if my boat timing is right.

SamwiseRed
06-28-2013, 02:01 AM
thinks pok books ruined eq, bound at pots :)

Estu
06-28-2013, 07:56 AM
the elusive dragon <faydwer>

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1259/f2fn.jpg

Striiker
06-28-2013, 12:04 PM
LOL Estu.. That picture would have given me nose-milk had I been drinking it.

skorge
06-28-2013, 12:43 PM
at first my initial feeling was they would decrease in value but that won't happen, they will be worth more...mostly because, like you said, there will be less firepot bound characters once some of the one's bound there decide to bind in velious (for guild's sake - which sucks for them) - firepot bound characters will always be useful to have, even in velious. Lots of people have more than 1 character now, im sure it would be nice to have your non-main bound there. I personally will never bind my shaman anywhere else.

Sollix
06-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Timorous Deep (where the firepots (http://wiki.project1999.org/Firepot#Timorous_Deep_Teleportation_Room_Guide) are located) is not allowed for binding anymore anywhere in the zone. It only lasted a week on live (same here), when Verant figured out people liked the free and easy porting on any class that could bind.

When was this reversed? I know I was able to bind at raptors during the Luclin era on my wizard. I'd self-port up to Nexus for KEI and gate back to the raptor camp.

Waedawen
06-28-2013, 04:07 PM
I'm bound in Timorous Deep on my druid and I actually haven't mused about this, but I think I know what I'm going to do

As of right now, being bound there on a druid with an overthere hammer trivializes travel for me and anyone else I am speaking with. The real key advantage in that being my friends and I can muster forces in a matter of minutes.

When Velious hits, if I keep my bind location there that might not necessarily be the case. My friends would be free to put their bind location anywhere on Velious when I would be stuck at the Iceclad, WL, CS, and GD teleport locations. That said, we would do most of our hunting west of Cobalt Scar, if not it is much easier to teleport around Eastern Velious.

West Wastes looks like a very attractive bind location, especially for a druid.

edit: just looked at a map of velious for the first time in a long time... I feel so sorry for non-gaters.

heartbrand
06-28-2013, 04:48 PM
I'll be switching my pot bound cleric to velious second it goes live because pots will be worthless to me

Raavak
06-28-2013, 04:49 PM
and never seen the elusive dragon that supposed to path by their <faydwer>.Well, faydwer <sic> is often pulled almost as soon as he spawns.

I still used them in Luclin-era (pre-PoK). Hammer to OT, get on boat, levi and horse run to pots. Pretty fast travel for a knight at the time. I think it was when I was farming Underfoot Mushrooms for brewing.

heartbrand
06-28-2013, 04:51 PM
I just can't see why I will ever return to old world on my cleric when Velious comes out. But I play on red and have like everything in the game from old world.

Pyrocat
06-28-2013, 04:53 PM
I'm not going to move my bind, it's awesome having access to all the old world cities + cabilis, and a very easy trip to EC tunnel, where you can find ports to pretty much anywhere.

Nirgon
06-28-2013, 04:56 PM
Translocate... aww yiss

fuark
06-28-2013, 09:06 PM
The point might be moot if account trading is banned by then

pallius
06-28-2013, 10:14 PM
Firepot is still a great bind. I kept it through luclin on live.

Just click to gfay and run to wiz spire for port.

Spacebar
06-28-2013, 11:00 PM
I suppose i should start another thread about this, but are there many places melee can bind in velious? Particularly, places close to Plane of Growth?

skorge
06-29-2013, 05:56 PM
The point might be moot if account trading is banned by then

wont stop people from trading accounts, we all know this

Ele
06-29-2013, 06:39 PM
I suppose i should start another thread about this, but are there many places melee can bind in velious? Particularly, places close to Plane of Growth?

skyshrine , kael, and thurgadin. Or use a locket of escape and you can bind in non dungeon zones.

Sky shrine and Kael are both attached to wakening lands which has the plane of growth zone door.

t0lkien
06-29-2013, 06:46 PM
skyshrine , kael, and thurgadin. Or use a locket of escape and you can bind in non dungeon zones.

Sky shrine and Kael are both attached to wakening lands which has the plane of growth zone door.

Argh I didn't even know that item existed! Why did they stop it dropping (although, it was always a dangerous item to design IMO)?

pharmakos
06-29-2013, 06:58 PM
most people are still gonna travel around Velious via druid or wizard, even if they're bound in Velious. druids and wizards can still pick you up from old world port locations. and there's enough clerics around that you usually don't need to worry about being bound close for a CR. IMO it makes more sense to keep your bind at firepots.

also, Thurgadin Gate potions.

uygi
06-30-2013, 04:10 AM
I'm one of the only melee bound at firepots. Leveling up when Kunark was new it was useful for some CRs, though now I only use to go shopping (die, buy peridots/pearls, take rez) or run back to PoFear after eating a DT to avoid rez effects. I honestly don't know if my firepot bind is worth anything extra on the open market, as there are so few. If money is no object and you can buy gate potions whenever you want then it's a pretty awesome bind point. At the very least it makes me pretty unique; only 2 non-TMO melees got lockets before TD binding was removed, and the other was a Paladin I haven't seen for over 2 years.

I figure that for the early-ish Velious firepot bind is pretty cool, because TLs come into play, letting me "gate" and I can always click a pot to go stick a Thurg gate potion into a kiln and get to Thurgadin. I imagine I'll bind in PoM later, as many raiders will.

pasi
06-30-2013, 04:56 AM
There are non-locket ways for melee to bind in PoM if you can find a friend with very good timing. Skyshrine and Kael are very good bind points though. I think you can bind anywhere in Kael at first. It eventually gets nerfed to bank only which means you probably only want to bind there if you aren't KOS.

pharmakos
06-30-2013, 01:36 PM
There are non-locket ways for melee to bind in PoM if you can find a friend with very good timing.

elaborate?

pasi
06-30-2013, 04:05 PM
This worked on live. I haven't tested it here yet, but it's how we bound melee in PoM on Innoruuk since Lockets were basically non-existent.

Basically, you need to die in a place and get rezzed. You need to have bind affinity timed so that when you accept rez, bind is about to hit. Soulbinders made it a ton easier to do, but it's still doable without them - just difficult. As an enchanter, I do this with clarity on rezzes and still only manage to get it about half the time.

Somekid123
06-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Rez/Bind trick wont work here.

pharmakos
06-30-2013, 06:41 PM
This worked on live. I haven't tested it here yet, but it's how we bound melee in PoM on Innoruuk since Lockets were basically non-existent.

Basically, you need to die in a place and get rezzed. You need to have bind affinity timed so that when you accept rez, bind is about to hit. Soulbinders made it a ton easier to do, but it's still doable without them - just difficult. As an enchanter, I do this with clarity on rezzes and still only manage to get it about half the time.

all the invis pullers on this server should be able to time that out NP

Buellen
06-30-2013, 06:51 PM
DAm ESTU

my side is hurting LOL

Garue 41 Level Half Elf War // Buskier 34th Level Human Cleric

Freakish
06-30-2013, 09:35 PM
I love that trick. I'm surprised more people don't use it. It's great for casting a self buff, like shield of the magi or celestial elixir. Saves mana and time on the rebuffing after rez.

Nirgon
07-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Firepot is still a great bind. I kept it through luclin on live.

Just click to gfay and run to wiz spire for port.

Go get Nilberg's visor fix if you haven't already. The shit is classic.

Rastignac
07-01-2013, 02:56 PM
This thread makes me wonder how anyone found the firepot room in the first place. Discoveries like these must have been utterly magical back in the day.

Droog007
07-01-2013, 03:08 PM
This thread makes me wonder how anyone found the firepot room in the first place. Discoveries like these must have been utterly magical back in the day.

So true!

I'm completely convinced that the devs knew EXACTLY how desirable it would be to bind there, and designed it as a reward for intrepid explorers. Especially when you consider the Locket of Escape appeared and was subsequently nerfed in the same timeframe. I'm certain that the nerf was planned all along, to be carried out some time after its discovery.

I've never had a character bound at firepots. The pain I feel in my heart when I think about it is credit to the power of EQ. The "timeline server" may be my first/only chance....

Edit: maybe it was the pretzelburger...