PDA

View Full Version : Bard Deity/Race

Sadface
07-07-2010, 04:52 AM
Any benefits to choosing any particular deity over another ? Is there any velious cultural armor that stand out ?

Is wood elf being able to wear small armor a big advantage at high end during kunark/velious ?

Never played a bard before, this would help thanks.

mmiles8
07-07-2010, 05:15 AM
If you'd like to be able to go anywhere with the help of your dark elf illusion, and iksar later, you'll need to be agnostic. The wood elf cultural is decent statwise for bards but limited and not terribly fantastic.

Weaponry with:

Cha(2), Wis(2), Agi(4) for Tunare

Dex(2), Wis(2), Agi(4) for Karana

Their only armor was tailored leather until luclin.

The size of the armor won't be a concern worth more than a passing mention after classic.

Kani
07-07-2010, 06:16 AM
I seem to remember being able to enter Neriak as a gnome rogue, follower of Bristlebane, with the Mask of Deception on. I'm pretty sure if you choose Bristlebane, that you will be fine since he is a neutral deity. What other deity would a bard want to worship, other than the God of thieves, and bards?

It's been many years, so maybe someone else can confirm.

MorganTPSO
07-07-2010, 10:56 AM
I think bards are the only class able to worship Veeshan, and I remember being able to enter just about all cities with the correct illusion as a Veeshan worshiper.

-Morgan

guineapig
07-07-2010, 12:38 PM
I think bards are the only class able to worship Veeshan, and I remember being able to enter just about all cities with the correct illusion as a Veeshan worshiper.

-Morgan

I wonder if this would exclude Cabalis though?
And what about Kael Drakkal come Velious?
Just curious

Deric
07-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Agnostic is usually the safest bet honestly. I'm agnostic and have been able to get around just fine in half elf form or DE form.

I have never tried to go into evil classes areas though such as Qeynos Catacombs in DE form, so not sure if that's safe or not.. Not that you really need a reason to..

MorganTPSO
07-07-2010, 12:54 PM
Just curious

I seem to remember being kos in Kael in Velious to start off, but its been a long time, and because of all the different boss mobs my guild killed, I remember being KOS and non-KOS to all three different factions at one time or another. Seem to remember being non-KOS in Cab with an Iksar mask. Cant remember if I had to use our faction song or not.

-Morgan

Sadface
07-07-2010, 03:15 PM

-Morgan

What are the benefits of being a bard worshipping veeshan though ?

spoolie
07-07-2010, 04:09 PM
only thing i can think of was not being insta kos in skyshrine for worshipping veeshan

Overcast
07-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Just curious

Kael - is Rallos Zek. You'll be dubious there.

mmiles8
07-07-2010, 05:02 PM
The Veeshan Cultural didn't come out until partway through luclin, so aside from minor faction bumps to a faction that you may wind up opposing in two expansions, depending on guild affiliation. With there being no other worthwhile, much less game-breaking cultural for bard within the first three expansions, it's really going to come down to this:

Where do you want to be KOS, and whether you're willing to take the risk that a "neutral" deity won't give you a negative faction modifier with some random faction within a given city.

guineapig
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
All Clerics and Paladins should be able to worship the Tribunal in my opinion.
Give them a sort a zealot like feel for role-play purposes.

Barbarians worshiping the great holders of justice just doesn't seem right to me.