PDA

View Full Version : what songs do bard use 45+

Roguedown
07-02-2013, 08:59 AM
so what songs do bards twist in groups/raids 45+ and or what songs do you use when solo/kitting?

Treefall
07-02-2013, 11:00 AM
so what songs do bards twist in groups/raids 45+ and or what songs do you use when solo/kitting?

I don't play a bard, but they're a very versatile class.

If I had to guess, resistances are big, followed by haste and regen - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Probably swapping out resistances for DPS buffs/cc in 5mans?

For solo, I'm pretty sure the life of a Bard is always kiting unless he/she way out cons the mob. So, staple would probably be 2 dots and run speed?

zanderklocke
07-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Exp Groups
In exp groups, I usually twisted haste, mana song, hymn (regen), and snare/slow. Can add in a breath of harmony click if one has that. After I got cantana, which is mana song and regen, I swapped that for individual mana and regen songs and added in a damage shield song.
Always kept mez, lull, charm, and invis/selos ready to be used.

Raids
On raids, equip drum (unless you have epic) and play resists if it's a mob that one needs resists for...although not many bards are going to be raiding and that useful prior to level 50. If it's just a raid of clearing planes trash, set up can be similar to the exp groups set up. For some reason, a lot of people are pretty stupid and just throw a bard in any random group on hate/fear/sky raids. Bard is basically like a constant buffer that can be put in a melee class and do melee songs or a caster group and play mana/int/wis songs. However, if a bard is seen as a left over class and put in a less than full group, it's truly wasting the utility of the bard. I can remember certain times when there were like 14 of us in hate or fear, and I would be put in the left over group of only 2 people...waste of a bard.

Solo AE Kiting
When solo AE kiting, it's pretty easy. Just need selos, dots, and regen (in case something goes bad).

falkun
07-02-2013, 11:33 AM
As treefall said, bards are an incredibly versatile class. I use whatever songs best fit my purpose at the time. I've been known on occasion to still use the L1 Chant of Battle all the way up to the L60 group DA song. Even Hymn of Restoration has better HP regen than Cantana, so I've been known to whip that song out at L60.

Use the wiki to read all the song descriptions:
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Bard

Use this google doc to calculate buffs/debuffs based on level:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50223

Know what role you are trying to fulfill:
Puller
Resists
Haste
STR
DR
MR/FR/CR Debuff
Slower
CC
DoT
AoE
Mana-battery
Movement
(not inclusive)
...and/or any combination of the above.

Pick your songs based on that information.

Roguedown
07-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info guys :) i still have a ways to go (only 21) but i feel like I'm making good progress for only playing around 2 hours a day. i just got my mask of deception thanks to some very nice people who helped/saved my noob ass. Now i just need to get the horn off that quag fellow :P

Messie
07-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Roguedown, is Roguedown your bards name? I play a 23 monk. Hit me up in game for groups - messie

Roguedown
07-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Lokamen is his name. I won't be on much this week because I'm out of town for work. But if you see me on hit me up :) I'll add you when i get on this evening