PDA

View Full Version : Bard info all into one thread

Silent
07-04-2013, 01:10 AM
So I found this in one of the 2 year old threads,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkeXTHUjDTgGdHBIOFpiUzhfT192dkJxTmZMSlp3R 1E#gid=0

a spread sheet showing all the modifiers/gains you get depending on level, instrument modifier and such. The one thing I can't seem to find solid info on for instrument mods to add into the chart. It seems to work ok and the numbers match up with some of my in game numbers, others do not probably because I am adding wrong modifier. If anyone would be kind enough to post these to the 1.5-2.4x or whatever high they currently go to instrument to instrument. And if its possible for someone to add Selos to that spread sheet for a possible speed % based on level/instrument as well.

//Low to mid
Mistmoore drums/lute 21
Nostrolo tambourine(same as MM?)
Sharkskin(22, +1 from MM drums iirc)

//Next tier up (ZAM says they are all perc ressonance 14 but I think it applies to EQlive?) Whereas in game all of these say 24, But for the chart I listed what does that make them? 1.8?//

Selo`s Drums of the March
Kelin`s Seven Stringed Lute
McVaxius's Horn of War
Lyssa's Darkwood Piccolo

//Bard Epic
1.8? meaning its on par with dragon/planar instruments or what? I thought it was slightly worse

Basically what I am trying to get at is in game if it says 18, 21, 22, 24. What does that makes its modifier to enter into the spread sheet? I have a lot more questions and would like to turn this into one giant post full of bard related information instead of having it spread across a dozen pages. If anyone has the time to help add/correct it would be appreciated. Not just as far as instruments, But places you can AE kite, Fear kite, Anything else bards can benefit from or be helped by. Any and all knowledge.

I know their is a guide linked to the bard wiki which is pretty helpful for AE kiting, But it doesn't kite tell you as much as you NEED to know unless you throw yourself in at it by trial and error(obviously still going to happen with more info known, but could help ease other bards and help them know before hand what to expect when kiting in OT mob wise, Fear kiting at KC entrance whatever) I will add more when I get time.

Crawdad
07-11-2013, 04:14 PM
MM Drums are 2.1
Nostrolo Tamborine is 2.2
Sharkskin Drum is 2.2
Drums of the March 2.4
Drums of the Beast (Velious) 2.6

Seven Stringed Lute 2.4
Horn of War 2.3
Darkwood 2.4

Epic is 1.8, or equal to vendor bought instruments. It's real value is that it's modifier effects Singing, which you wont see anywhere else on this server unless AK Ruins/Ssra Temple items show up somehow.

I think Wind is currently bugged?
Focus effects aren't part of this server/planned to be on this server (PoP I believe)

Basically what I am trying to get at is in game if it says 18, 21, 22, 24. What does that makes its modifier to enter into the spread sheet? I have a lot more questions and would like to turn this into one giant post full of bard related information instead of having it spread across a dozen pages. If anyone has the time to help add/correct it would be appreciated. Not just as far as instruments, But places you can AE kite, Fear kite, Anything else bards can benefit from or be helped by. Any and all knowledge.

a 1.8 Modifier will multiply effects by Normal value*1.8. Not all effects are equal though. Haste, for example, will always be a set %.

I think the "Guide to AE Kiting" thread should have a good list of locations for you :D I like what you're trying to do, but as you can see in just the Kiting Guide, a single one of these topics can go on for dozens of pages; putting it all in one thread would require quite a bit of digging around. Maybe update your initial post to include links to the staple threads already going?

I know their is a guide linked to the bard wiki which is pretty helpful for AE kiting, But it doesn't kite[sic] tell you as much as you NEED to know unless you throw yourself in at it by trial and error(obviously still going to happen with more info known, but could help ease other bards and help them know before hand what to expect when kiting in OT mob wise, Fear kiting at KC entrance whatever) I will add more when I get time.

While numbers all well and good, I think if you're wanting to AE kite, your real concerns need to be your computer specs and judgment... as in, keeping out of mob melee range, how encumbered you are with Selos/Jboots/SoW, etc... things you're only going to learn by getting your feet wet and eating a few deaths. Besides, what more info do you need for fear kiting at KC ent?

Just started playing my Bard again, but I've missed it for years and is the reason I'm back playing! If you ever need any questions answered in game I'll be happy to help if any of the regulars around here aren't online.