PDA

View Full Version : Charmed pets eating items

Shewz
07-07-2010, 08:00 PM
So, when you give a pet weapons, and then kill it later, the weapons are gone.

Intentional or bug? Wasn't in the patch notes, and I don't remember this being the case on Live, but I could be wrong there.

Noleafclover
07-08-2010, 04:23 AM
All I hear is waaaah waah waahh, lost my FS and gnoll hide lariats.

Zordana
07-08-2010, 04:49 AM
So, when you give a pet weapons, and then kill it later, the weapons are gone.

Intentional or bug? Wasn't in the patch notes, and I don't remember this being the case on Live, but I could be wrong there.

afair it was possible on live classic, but just because nilbog wants to present a classic experience, it doesnt mean he have to keep the exploitable shit aswell :)

All I hear is waaaah waah waahh, lost my FS and gnoll hide lariats.

S T F U! keep shit like this for you srsly -.-

Phallax
07-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Charmed pets shouldnt eat items. It was always fun to run around and charm random aninamls in newbie zones and give em items for new players to find. Done this a few times on p99 as well as on live!

Oogmog
07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
I believe they stopped doing that because that is how people were able to trade no drop items on live. However, it was Kunark-ish era I believe. Or maybe only magic items wouldn't drop after being handed to a NPC...

Vexden
07-08-2010, 11:18 AM
If this is how people trade no drop items, I remember a post about taking the good with the bad. Gotta be true to classic!

Yoite
07-08-2010, 11:33 AM
this sounds like a recent bug, i encounter this last night. Charmed pets should only eat no drop stuff. Currently they are using the weapons you give them, be it FS dagger or stun whip, but when you kill them and loot the corpse, the weapons are no in the loot table.

guineapig
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I believe they stopped doing that because that is how people were able to trade no drop items on live. However, it was Kunark-ish era I believe. Or maybe only magic items wouldn't drop after being handed to a NPC...

Why not just make it so you can't give no drop items to charmed pets?

Or better yet, just make no drop items poof on charmed pet death and nothing else?

Seems like a much better solution if that's the reason they implemented this

nilbog
07-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I don't believe this was intentional, it was just a side effect of one of the recent fixes. The source is a giant maze of math and functions. Often changing one line has unintended/unforeseen consequences on something else.

I'm sure it will be addressed soon.

Phallax
07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't believe this was intentional, it was just a side effect of one of the recent fixes. The source is a giant maze of math and and functions. Often changing one line has unintended/unforeseen consequences on something else.

I'm sure it will be addressed soon.

Damn those misplaced decimals.

Glitch
07-09-2010, 05:26 AM
Why not just make it so you can't give no drop items to charmed pets?

Pets were already unable to accept NO DROP items.
It's been that way since the start of the server.

Anyways, yea. I hope this gets fixed soon. I just discovered this bug in one bug in one big way, and now my bag of pet toys is crying.

Thanks for working on a fix! :D

Noleafclover
07-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Relax whoever, just kidding around with the OP.

To add to the confirmation of how it was on live, just saw a guide on monkly business about a similar usage of NPCs to store items as late as July 2001.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8577

Tactic is kill a mob w/ a pet, feign, give items to pet, kill it later. presto banko.

Come to think of it, that means pets shouldn't poof when I feign after killing their master, and they do presently.

EDIT - as I read further into that guide, it seems they sometimes poofed on live, and only stayed around if (unconfirmed) they had previously aggroed something. So it was just wonky all around, and probably not confirmable enough to merit a fix (since the monks there are unsure what makes them stay), but still supports the mobs dropping given items on live thing for the enchies.

Shewz
07-10-2010, 02:59 PM
So where do I pick up my GM-reimbursed Staff of Writhing and Ebony Bladed Longsword?

girth
07-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Oh man a whole 100p wasted.

Dersk
07-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Oh man a whole 100p wasted.

This shit just got real.

Holey
08-12-2010, 01:55 AM
OMG what can i do for 100p!
i can give it for BUFFS!

RKromwell
08-12-2010, 02:30 AM
So where do I pick up my GM-reimbursed Staff of Writhing and Ebony Bladed Longsword?

I don't know about the staff but you could just ask the ranger for the EBL back when he loots his corpse...
:p