Go.

Necklace of Superiority.

Ele
07-11-2013, 05:33 PM
manastones

and donal's bp a couple months after release lol

Swish
07-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Irrelevant, unless you're factoring in inflation?

An FBSS for example... by the time Velious is released I don't think they'll go for under 10k

EDIT: PS - no rush.

http://i.imgur.com/yUGZvy5.gif

koros
07-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Irrelevant how?

I'm sure FBSS's might retain their value for a while (although not once silver chitin hand wraps become common).

But plenty of items have common replacements in Velious, and they won't retain near their current price after a short period of time.

Swish
07-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Yep you'll see some better haste items, but the point is that if you invest 10-12k in a FBSS now, you won't lose plat selling it during Velious....yet your 10-12k doesn't have as much purchasing power as it does at the moment.

If you get my drift.

Swish
07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
If you want to stockpile plat, better to stockpile accounts...

koros
07-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Yes Swish I get that, which is why I brought up the specific case of items which WILL drop in value, relative to how valuable they are now.

A Donal's BP won't be worth several hundred k in Velious. The effect is nerfed and it's not BIS by a long shot anymore.

Swish
07-11-2013, 05:57 PM
True, the EC Fatcats might speculate that now is a great time to sell a Donal's BP... wish I had one to use let alone sell :)

When did the Circlet of Shadows get nerfed on live? At 1k (or so) each, if its during Velious the pre-nerf ones should soar in value.

Ele
07-11-2013, 06:01 PM
True, the EC Fatcats might speculate that now is a great time to sell a Donal's BP... wish I had one to use let alone sell :)

When did the Circlet of Shadows get nerfed on live? At 1k (or so) each, if its during Velious the pre-nerf ones should soar in value.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20010627.html

June 27, 2001 (Mid-Velious)

Circlet of Shadow will no longer drop in-game. The Circlet of Shadows, can now be found in its place. This item differs from the original only in that it has a five-second casting time. Existing Circlets of Shadow will retain the same functionality as before, though we may change existing Circlets at some future date.

koros
07-11-2013, 06:20 PM
CoS might be a hell of an investment considering the cheap price, but probably only if you bought an absolute shit ton of them. There's enough on the server that they won't get "rare" for a while (if ever)

ArumTP
07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
NoS
Enshrouded Veil
All Haste should get knocked down a bit due to new hastes.
Fungi, a little, as shaman replace with vindicator breastplates
Shit-tons of weapons
Kunark armor sets that aren't. Mylokars bracer, tolan breastplate/wrist, ES arms, JBB, cobalt bracer.
All range slot items not named idol of the thorned.
Significant amount of rings and earrings, better options become available.

pasi
07-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Items that will retain value:

Fungi - likely to go up
Hiero Cloak will stay steady - Maelstrom Cloak and Direwolf are serviceable
T-staff goes up - monk droppable weaponry doesn't get better for a long time. 2handers become much better.
BotBDE - while RMoY will tank with Frostbringer and Wavecrasher coming in, BotBDE is still the best droppable weapon before SoDs.
Currently Sold Epic MQs - they've pretty much bottomed out. General's Edge is going to drop which makes rogue epics less lucrative to do for money.

Items that will not just drop, but plummet
Enshrouded Veil - Crystal Eyes dropping every 30 minutes.
Necklace of Superiority - Collar of the Storm, Dragon Tooth, 7/6s, 6/5s, 5/4s, NToV Trash Necks, the list goes on.
Diamondine Earrings - Hello Orc Fang Earrings.
Ringed Mace of the Ykesha - Frostbringer and Wavecrasher give a cheap option after Sarnak Hammer.
Donal BP - easy enough.
Insignia Protector - this item is already way overpriced for it's graphic. OOIV does good things.

Thulack
07-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Everything but Fungi,Tstaff and maybe a few other oddities. Spiked Seahorse belt drops price alot of any non CoF haste item. CoF will drop alittle due to CoCW. and Arum Vindi Bp in no way gonna replace fungi's vindi bp is +2 regen.

Detoxx
07-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Manastones? Will they plummet or just maintain due to the server population inflation?

pasi
07-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Manastones? Will they plummet or just maintain due to the server population inflation?

I think maintain or go up. Manastones + Fungi or Zlandicar Heart are one of the few ways to truly twink a caster. Manastones also continue to allow for duoing of General V'hgera, Ragefire, and a few other 'money' mobs when Donal BP goes. And not that anyone is ever going to do it, but you can port out to old world, stone, and gate back - mostly just wizzies, but I guess a cleric could do it once with a WC cap for something in Kael.

Spitty
07-12-2013, 02:49 PM
I think maintain or go up. Manastones + Fungi or Zlandicar Heart are one of the few ways to truly twink a caster. Manastones also continue to allow for duoing of General V'hgera, Ragefire, and a few other 'money' mobs when Donal BP goes. And not that anyone is ever going to do it, but you can port out to old world, stone, and gate back - mostly just wizzies, but I guess a cleric could do it once with a WC cap for something in Kael.

Cheaper to use an Inno/Everfrost port pot at 350pp a hit. Cast time is annoying if you're in a tight spot.

lawll
07-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Tons of haste items in velious that are pretty easy to get so any item now that has haste tends to drop in price.

Alanus
07-12-2013, 07:19 PM
Everything but Fungi,Tstaff and maybe a few other oddities. Spiked Seahorse belt drops price alot of any non CoF haste item. CoF will drop alittle due to CoCW. and Arum Vindi Bp in no way gonna replace fungi's vindi bp is +2 regen.

If I remember correctly, seahorse belt didn't drop until they nerfed SG. Original SG was pretty bad ass.

tacite
07-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Fishbone Earring gonna tank like mad, I think there's 6 (?) Enduring Breath droppable items from Siren's Grotto alone.

Swish
07-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Fishbone Earring gonna tank like mad, I think there's 6 (?) Enduring Breath droppable items from Siren's Grotto alone.

They've been dropping in value as time has gone on anyway, I sold a bunch pre-Kunark for 3k each before all the crazy money started appearing and nobody owned more than 100k individually.