PDA

View Full Version : Bard Epic Questions

OriginalQin
07-12-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm wondering about a few things from those who have completed their bard epic.

First and most importantly, is it functionally impossible for me to complete the epic without paying for certain pieces, such as Trak guts? If so, which pieces would I have to pay someone for, and how much should I expect to pay? My best guess for this would be the dragon scales (25k each) and the Trak guts (no idea about cost), but is there more? I have no idea who kills Naggy/Vox typically.

Questions about specific parts of the quest:

[ ] Mystical Lute Head
( ) Kill Quag Maelstrom, loot Alluring Horn.
( ) Give Alluring Horn to Vedico Windwhisper, receive a note
( ) Give note to Forpar, receive a note and list
( ) Kill Phinigel Autropos, loot Kedge Backbone
( ) Kill an Amygdalan in Plane of Fear, loot Amygdalan Tendril
( ) Kill Drolvarg Warlord, loot Petrified Werewolf Skull
( ) Give note, backbone, tendril and skull to Forpar, receive Mystical Lute Head

Questions: I attempted to complete this part by giving Vedico's note, the backbone, the tendril, and the skull to Forpar. He responded by telling me I was supposed to give him a note that he gave me, plus the three items. Reading in the quest description, I saw that I had forgotten about this part:

Bring the Alluring Horn to Vedico and she will give you a note to give to give to Forpar. When you give the note to Forpar he gives you another note of the 3 things he needs.

Reading this, I ran right back over to the Ocean of Tears, got another Alluring Horn, gave it to Vedico, and then took her note to Forpar. He gave me nothing in return. I repeated this step and still he just kept Vedico's notes. So I lost the other three pieces and can't figure out how to finish this step.

[ ] Page 25
( ) Kill Blackwing in Rathe Mountains, loot Onyx Drake Gut
( ) Kill Nezekezena or Phurzikon in Burning Woods, loot Red Wurm Gut
( ) Kill Eldrig the Old in Skyfire Mountains, loot Chromodrac Gut
( ) Give all the guts to Kelkim Menkia, receive Page 25

Questions: I'm having a hard time with the dragons in Burning Woods. From researching online, I found that there is a particular spawn point where you should clear all wandering mobs until one of the dragons spawn. However, I was quickly overwhelmed by wandering mobs when trying to solo out there. Should I just ae kite everything in the area until a dragon spawns, or get a group together to fight out there? And when it does spawn, how large of a force would I need and do I need to do anything to prevent it from despawning?

Same questions above for Eldrig, but mainly I'm wondering how to make him spawn and how hard he is.

Well that's about it for now. Thanks in advance to any maestros who can shed some light on this for me.

Estu
07-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Generally, if you screw up a quest hand-in, you can petition and a GM will help you out.

OriginalQin
07-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I did petition in game and on the forums and never heard anything back. So I just figured I should learn how to do it properly and try again.

Robdukes
07-12-2013, 10:14 PM
I can't help with alot of this because I have yet to do it on my bard. I do have the red guts from Nezerkezena in BW though. A good spot to hunt for her is between the zone for FM and the sarnak hut with the imitator in it. She resists alot, I saw her wipe a group of 3 high 50's. I grabbed her when she had 70% and started fearkiting. I was only throwing 1 dot in between because she may resist 3+ times in a row and your fear will break. I got her to 45% like this but had a series of 6 resists in a row and she starting hitting hard. I tried to run for it when a fear landed and I had 12%. The fear broke when I was in the tunnel to FM. She summoned me and I died.

Luckily the group came back with another member and the 4 man party took her down 4 times in a row over the next hour and a half. They were nice and called me over for the 2nd kill and let me loot.

Best of luck

OriginalQin
07-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Thank you, that's great info. I'm surprised you were able to fear kite for so long in BW. When I was trying it, I kept getting so many adds that it became unmanageable. Do you remember how you got her to spawn?

Robdukes
07-12-2013, 10:37 PM
I don't know the exact PH but it's a wandering mob around that area. I would try the giants and the wurms that wander back and forth between the imitator hut and FM zoneline. If you get an add start running them around charming one and setting it to attack the other while you dot it. I used this method to xp for a bit in BW. Having a wurm to charm is nice..they have a long reach and hit hard.

Estu
07-13-2013, 12:10 AM
I did petition in game and on the forums and never heard anything back. So I just figured I should learn how to do it properly and try again.

Be persistent, but not annoying - what is good to do is to bump your forum petition daily, and write up a petition in-game every time you log on if you're going to be on for a few hours. And be polite. A GM will get to you and point you in the right direction.

Num1RecommendedByDentists
07-13-2013, 06:45 AM
I'm wondering about a few things from those who have completed their bard epic.

First and most importantly, is it functionally impossible for me to complete the epic without paying for certain pieces, such as Trak guts? If so, which pieces would I have to pay someone for, and how much should I expect to pay? My best guess for this would be the dragon scales (25k each) and the Trak guts (no idea about cost), but is there more? I have no idea who kills Naggy/Vox typically.

Questions about specific parts of the quest:

[ ] Mystical Lute Head
( ) Kill Quag Maelstrom, loot Alluring Horn.
( ) Give Alluring Horn to Vedico Windwhisper, receive a note
( ) Give note to Forpar, receive a note and list
( ) Kill Phinigel Autropos, loot Kedge Backbone
( ) Kill an Amygdalan in Plane of Fear, loot Amygdalan Tendril
( ) Kill Drolvarg Warlord, loot Petrified Werewolf Skull
( ) Give note, backbone, tendril and skull to Forpar, receive Mystical Lute Head

Questions: I attempted to complete this part by giving Vedico's note, the backbone, the tendril, and the skull to Forpar. He responded by telling me I was supposed to give him a note that he gave me, plus the three items. Reading in the quest description, I saw that I had forgotten about this part:

Bring the Alluring Horn to Vedico and she will give you a note to give to give to Forpar. When you give the note to Forpar he gives you another note of the 3 things he needs.

Reading this, I ran right back over to the Ocean of Tears, got another Alluring Horn, gave it to Vedico, and then took her note to Forpar. He gave me nothing in return. I repeated this step and still he just kept Vedico's notes. So I lost the other three pieces and can't figure out how to finish this step.

[ ] Page 25
( ) Kill Blackwing in Rathe Mountains, loot Onyx Drake Gut
( ) Kill Nezekezena or Phurzikon in Burning Woods, loot Red Wurm Gut
( ) Kill Eldrig the Old in Skyfire Mountains, loot Chromodrac Gut
( ) Give all the guts to Kelkim Menkia, receive Page 25

Questions: I'm having a hard time with the dragons in Burning Woods. From researching online, I found that there is a particular spawn point where you should clear all wandering mobs until one of the dragons spawn. However, I was quickly overwhelmed by wandering mobs when trying to solo out there. Should I just ae kite everything in the area until a dragon spawns, or get a group together to fight out there? And when it does spawn, how large of a force would I need and do I need to do anything to prevent it from despawning?

Same questions above for Eldrig, but mainly I'm wondering how to make him spawn and how hard he is.

Well that's about it for now. Thanks in advance to any maestros who can shed some light on this for me.

not sure what you're really asking regarding trak guts - it's impossible to get your epic without that turn in, so you'll either need a guild that can kill trakanon or you'll need a multiquest of his guts which you'll probably have to pay for

the scales same deal, but much easier to obtain and you can outright buy those yourself

the only other piece that might be a bitch is the backbone from phinny, only because he's a 12 hour spawn, probably highly camped on the blue server, and doesn't drop the backbone every time, so you may need to pay for a multiquest of that

as far as burning woods dragons, go to ruins north of FM zoneline with the sarnak imitator, and wait around checking track for the only wurm that's dark blue at 59 and 60 - that's your placeholder

the spawn point is on the cliff just outside of the sarnak ruins, 6 minute spawntime, keep clearing that and nezekezena can spawn(from my experience every 1 in 4-5 spawns), i've been told phurzikon also spawns at that same spot but is much, much rarer and much easier than nezekezena

you can technically solo them as a bard if you fear kite them; i'd suggest pulling them to either the dreadlands zoneline or the skyfire zoneline since there are no mobs there

fear kiting with a necro/cleric/enchanter/bard is your best bet, since nezekezena has about 16k hp, summons, and casts ice comet

not sure of the exact spawn point for eldrig, but there is a named cycle in skyfire that involves a chromodrac placeholder that paths just near the zone wall next to the wizard portal, or so i've been told, but i've never personally camped it with any success

the only parts of the bard epic that require more than a couple of people to obtain are the red scales, white scales, and trakanon guts

OriginalQin
07-15-2013, 11:23 AM
not sure what you're really asking regarding trak guts - it's impossible to get your epic without that turn in, so you'll either need a guild that can kill trakanon or you'll need a multiquest of his guts which you'll probably have to pay for

the scales same deal, but much easier to obtain and you can outright buy those yourself

the only other piece that might be a bitch is the backbone from phinny, only because he's a 12 hour spawn, probably highly camped on the blue server, and doesn't drop the backbone every time, so you may need to pay for a multiquest of that

as far as burning woods dragons, go to ruins north of FM zoneline with the sarnak imitator, and wait around checking track for the only wurm that's dark blue at 59 and 60 - that's your placeholder

the spawn point is on the cliff just outside of the sarnak ruins, 6 minute spawntime, keep clearing that and nezekezena can spawn(from my experience every 1 in 4-5 spawns), i've been told phurzikon also spawns at that same spot but is much, much rarer and much easier than nezekezena

you can technically solo them as a bard if you fear kite them; i'd suggest pulling them to either the dreadlands zoneline or the skyfire zoneline since there are no mobs there

fear kiting with a necro/cleric/enchanter/bard is your best bet, since nezekezena has about 16k hp, summons, and casts ice comet

not sure of the exact spawn point for eldrig, but there is a named cycle in skyfire that involves a chromodrac placeholder that paths just near the zone wall next to the wizard portal, or so i've been told, but i've never personally camped it with any success

the only parts of the bard epic that require more than a couple of people to obtain are the red scales, white scales, and trakanon guts

Thank you, that's all great info about the dragons. Do you happen to know where I went wrong with the turn-in of Phinny's backbone and other items for the lute? I turned everything in as described above but got nothing in return and lost all items.

OriginalQin
07-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Be persistent, but not annoying - what is good to do is to bump your forum petition daily, and write up a petition in-game every time you log on if you're going to be on for a few hours. And be polite. A GM will get to you and point you in the right direction.

Well I bumped my thread a few times and petitioned in game a few times and never heard a response. Maybe someone will read this and have pity...

Estu
07-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Well I bumped my thread a few times and petitioned in game a few times and never heard a response. Maybe someone will read this and have pity...

Don't count on anyone to read this. Keep bumping your thread and keep petitioning in game and you'll get a response.

Goseals6
07-15-2013, 01:32 PM
What level are you? It's FAR easier to have someone sit at the spawn location and you run around casting Highsun until you figure out what mob spawned there and you can just farm the spawn location. That's what I did on live.

*Edit* Just be aware that without Fade Memories AA you'll most likely just pull the entire zone which.........could produce some interesting results. :P

falkun
07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
The bottleneck for the bard epic are the Trak guts, because only 1-2 guilds consistently kill Trak. They sell the guts for ~250kPP, and at one point had over 10 in the guild bank.

Getting Eldrig to spawn is a crapshoot. When I found him up, he was from the classic spawn location just north of Overthere. At L57 I solo fear-kited him, but he had enough resists that as I killed him, his next round of melee would have killed me (I survived with ~50HP). The BW guts will require a duo or small group, but aren't bad. The red scales and white scales will likely run you 25k or so a piece, but thankfully there are a few more guilds that kill Naggy, Vox, Gorenaire and Talendar than Trak, so they aren't as rare.

As for your lute, petition for the three items back. It may take some time. Next time, follow the quest to a 'T'. Hand the horn to Vedico, get the note. Hand Vedico's note to Forpar, receive another note. Hand Forpar's note to Forpar with the three items for the Lute Head.

OriginalQin
07-16-2013, 10:02 AM
The bottleneck for the bard epic are the Trak guts, because only 1-2 guilds consistently kill Trak. They sell the guts for ~250kPP, and at one point had over 10 in the guild bank.

Getting Eldrig to spawn is a crapshoot. When I found him up, he was from the classic spawn location just north of Overthere. At L57 I solo fear-kited him, but he had enough resists that as I killed him, his next round of melee would have killed me (I survived with ~50HP). The BW guts will require a duo or small group, but aren't bad. The red scales and white scales will likely run you 25k or so a piece, but thankfully there are a few more guilds that kill Naggy, Vox, Gorenaire and Talendar than Trak, so they aren't as rare.

As for your lute, petition for the three items back. It may take some time. Next time, follow the quest to a 'T'. Hand the horn to Vedico, get the note. Hand Vedico's note to Forpar, receive another note. Hand Forpar's note to Forpar with the three items for the Lute Head.

Thanks a lot -- that's great info. The last part, about the lute, I'm really confused about. I have gone back several times to hand a Vedico note to Forpar, and every time he just takes it and gives me nothing in return.