PDA

View Full Version : An apology from Europa to Taken regarding Ragefire

DoucLangur
07-12-2013, 05:52 PM
Dear Taken,

This wednesday, both our guilds were racing to Ragefire. You were first in force in the lair area, clearing fire giants, when ambition got the better of one of our clerics. He ran past your raid, who was still busy clearing the last giants, and turned in his pearl to trigger Ragefire. Most of our raid force was arriving a bit later and did not really understand the situation when they engaged the triggered human RF.

After the trigger, despite the situation, Taken backed off, and gave Europa time to buff up and engage the dragon form. It was not until after Europa wiped due to lack of DPS that you engaged and killed Ragefire. Kudos for this calm and de-escalating reaction.

We have discussed this incident among the Europa officer council. Our conclusion is that regardless of server rules, this was clearly leapfrogging and a douchebag move by our raid force. We are sorry this happened and would like to ask you to accept our apologies.

In this particular situation, the cleric rushed us into a situation before we had a chance to fully understand what was going on. For his egoistic agenda, he abused the helpfulness of his online guild members that responded to his call. I would therefore kindly ask you not to hold any grudges against the remaining Europa force that was there at the time.

Our officer council decided on this public apology and a guild warning against the offending player. Before we could issue such a warning, when confronted about this issue, the cleric in question ragequit Europa. In that conversation, he confirmed that he was fully aware what he was doing at the time and that he would "NEVER" apologize to Taken. As a conclusion, we are glad to be rid of him.

Kind regards

on behalf of Europa: Sherrypie / Slozem

Ele
07-12-2013, 05:54 PM
:eek:

Skass
07-12-2013, 05:57 PM
/rage(fire)quit

Sithel1988
07-12-2013, 05:57 PM
pixels

William_Munny15
07-12-2013, 06:00 PM
did the cleric in europa lose her pearl too? damn rough way to go out

Striiker
07-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Thank you for stepping up to discuss this in an open forum. We have always held Europa in high regard and were surprised when we saw the leap frogging and pearl hand in to Ragefire. We hold no grudges and graciously accept your explanation and apology. You continue to be a great guild of EQ players on P1999 and we are always happy to help and group with your members.

Stinkum
07-12-2013, 06:03 PM
One of our clerics ran past your raid and turned in his pearl to trigger Ragefire... Europa wiped due to lack of DPS.

http://www.singleblackmale.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/keeping-it-real.jpg

draogan
07-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Dear Taken,

This wednesday, both our guilds were racing to Ragefire. You were first in force in the lair area, clearing fire giants, when ambition got the better of one of our clerics. He ran past your raid, who was still busy clearing the last giants, and turned in his pearl to trigger Ragefire. Most of our raid force was arriving a bit later and did not really understand the situation when they engaged the triggered human RF.

After the trigger, despite the situation, Taken backed off, and gave Europa time to buff up and engage the dragon form. It was not until after Europa wiped due to lack of DPS that you engaged and killed Ragefire. Kudos for this calm and de-escalating reaction.

We have discussed this incident among the Europa officer council. Our conclusion is that regardless of server rules, this was clearly leapfrogging and a douchebag move by our raid force. We are sorry this happened and would like to ask you to accept our apologies.

In this particular situation, the cleric rushed us into a situation before we had a chance to fully understand what was going on. For his egoistic agenda, he abused the helpfulness of his online guild members that responded to his call. I would therefore kindly ask you not to hold any grudges against the remaining Europa force that was there at the time.

Our officer council decided on this public apology and a guild warning against the offending player. Before we could issue such a warning, when confronted about this issue, the cleric in question ragequit Europa. In that conversation, he confirmed that he was fully aware what he was doing at the time and that he would "NEVER" apologize to Taken. As a conclusion, we are glad to be rid of him.

Kind regards

Sounds like a mature response by both parties to what could have been a very ugly situation.

Kudos. The server obviously needs a lot more of this.

Aata
07-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Dear Taken,

Kind regards

Thank you Europa. This is very much appreciated, we would never hold a guild responsible for the actions of one individual. You have a valued and well-deserved reputation on this server. Much respect to you all.

runlvlzero
07-12-2013, 06:06 PM
By very ugly do you mean multiple keyboards and mice broken, multiple rage quits, training, bans, and multiple forum posts?

Meh very ugly is a matter of perspective.

But bravo for being good sportsman on both accounts.

-Catherin-
07-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Europa I love you guys!

enr4ged
07-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Well said, just wish more guilds were like you guys!

Rhambuk
07-12-2013, 06:29 PM
a little bit of my faith in this server has been restored. Great to see both guilds reacting in such a calm level headed manner.

zanderklocke
07-12-2013, 06:34 PM
I like this thread a lot.

Flamewraith
07-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Great thread, more situations should be resolved like this.

Pan
07-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Nice!

webrunner5
07-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Well done on both sides. There is a God lol. :D

Lostprophets
07-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Dear Taken,

Kind regards

Shit happens mang, I'd rather settle things like adults in a correct manner than to act like children and have a pissing match with each other. The server is too small to make silly grudges over one bad apple...especially ones that rage quit guilds over silly stuff.

Thank you for the apology, it's very nice of ya'll to announce it publicly. I just hope other guilds can follow by our (Takens and Europas) example in the future. <3

kickinit
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
If only the rest of the server/guilds acted like these two...

WAR - WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS

t0lkien
07-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Makes me proud to wear the tag.

Nytch
07-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Clerics name so other guild don't pick up this bad apple?

Gadwen
07-12-2013, 09:41 PM
What do you guys think this? Civility is not allowed on P99!

Tiggles
07-12-2013, 10:04 PM

Hate it

NiNiK
07-13-2013, 01:58 AM
HOORAY FER ALLA NICENICE FOLKS!

Zenfull
07-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Situations like this happen too often on P99. The class these two guilds showed should be common not rare. There will always be a bad apple in the bunch but stories like this remind me of the "classic EQ' I loved. This server is classic but I'm afraid more often than not the community lacks the respect of the old days.

Swish
07-16-2013, 03:19 PM
10 star thread.

I'm a Euro time zone player but not a Europa member, but if my guild ever disbanded I think they'd be my next choice for a bunch of reasons. Excellent guild that's grown from strength to strength.

Always a bad apple to try and ruin it. Having done Ragefire for my cleric I can understand the mania that comes from seeing him appear, and I hope whoever Taken's cleric was managed to finish it after what must have been a pretty gutting display from someone else.

Kudos again for not naming and shaming the cleric too. I'm sure losing the pearl was a bad enough day :D

Your faith in the server has improved! (3)

Handull
07-16-2013, 05:52 PM
+1 for people getting along

Nogdar
07-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Thank you all for your kind comments :)

Lopretni
07-16-2013, 07:06 PM

So much for all my popcorn gifs. :(

HallygukRZ
07-17-2013, 04:59 AM
We Europeans tend to be civil people. Unless they're ogres, of course.

On a more serious note: We thank the community for the kind words and hope to be able to _maybe_ improve the inter-guild communication on P99.

Yardcore
07-17-2013, 06:52 AM
classy

Wudan
07-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Taken and Europa should merge into one guild, It would make a lot of sense. They seem to have similar chilled out spirit. One Euro based, the other U.S. based, I think they would complement each other very well. Their raid force would double up and they would have more chances to slay raid targets. It could be the one step that changes the raiding scene status quo.

Seriously. Think about it guys.

Nietche
07-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Don't do that. You'll lose your respective selves. I would imagine that, statistically speaking, when two guilds of similar standing, similar numbers, and similar raid capabilities merge, they don't do very well. It's a lot more tenable when a guild of 10, for instance, is being sucked up by a guild of 100.

Europa is doing better these days. Hallyguk made officer pretty fast, which is probably a plus. (Hally and I were on Rallos Zek, along with poster "Wudan.") And having two classy guilds on server is better than one. I doubt anything will change among some of the other guilds (and, frankly, I don't think it necessarily should) on the server, but it is nice to see this kind of good behavior by other guilds nonetheless.

ripwind
07-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Taken and Europa should merge into one guild

Takopa?

Num1RecommendedByDentists
07-17-2013, 10:50 AM
lol how do you even wipe to ragefire

takes like 4 people to do him

Rhambuk
07-17-2013, 10:52 AM
Takopa?

Euren?