PDA

View Full Version : Do pets break mez on this server?

Arclanz
07-08-2010, 04:24 PM
I searched the forums but couldn't find.

Phallax
07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I searched the forums but couldn't find.

I think only chanter pets do, Ive personally seen my pet stop attacking mobs once they get mezzed as if I backed them off. So thats not classic.

Also on the same note, I havent done any searching, when did mez break msgs go live?

azeth
07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
pets will break mez if theyve established aggro to the mezzed mob prior to it being mezzed

Bones
07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
If your pet is attacking something and it gets mezzed, your pet will keep attacking until you back it off.

You can not send your pet on a mezzed mob, however.

Arclanz
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Yay! I was about to cry foul if this was not the case. I remember issuing "KILL ALL PETS" at several raids in Chardok. Viva Classic! This made a lot of things much harder than modern day EQ.

Let me rephrase.

Mob 1 smacks Necro. Necro pet is pissed. Mob 2 smacks Necro. Necro sends pet on mob 2 and SomeNiceEnchanter mez's mob 1. After mob 2 dies, will the Necro pet automatically run over and "wake up" mob 1?

If so, that's classic. If you get the "i can not wake" message from that pet, that is NOT classic. In fact, this was not "fixed" until months after Kunark launched (or even later?)

nilbog
07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
This is something that needs to be fixed, no one wanted to nerf themselves? :P

June 5th, 2002
Pets will not attack mesmerized creatures. Pets basically treat mesmerized NPCs as if they were dead.

Let us know what changes need to be made to make this work classically.

Arclanz
07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
/edit yet again.

Based on the first link, below, it looks like mez'ng a mob clears the mob off the pets hate list, just as if the mob died. Remove that trigger, I guess?

Owners could definitely sick a pet on a mez'd mob. Pets never before uttered "I can not wake."

couple links for ja:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=943

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorpg-general-discussion/10187-dumbing-down-eq.html

Ozz
07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Yay! I was about to cry foul if this was not the case. I remember issuing "KILL ALL PETS" at several raids in Chardok. Viva Classic! This made a lot of things much harder than modern day EQ.

Let me rephrase.

Mob 1 smacks Necro. Necro pet is pissed. Mob 2 smacks Necro. Necro sends pet on mob 2 and SomeNiceEnchanter mez's mob 1. After mob 2 dies, will the Necro pet automatically run over and "wake up" mob 1?

If so, that's classic. If you get the "i can not wake" message from that pet, that is NOT classic. In fact, this was not "fixed" until months after Kunark launched (or even later?)

Pretty sure it was later...maybe even early Luclin? I know it was Luclin when they changed pets to beta neutral.

Soft
07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
They break mez. They love doing it, and do it with pride. They will not wake a sleeping monster you get an error message.

Arclanz
07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Please differentiate between a sleeping mob and a mez'd mob because I thought they were the same thing.