PDA

View Full Version : Pottery for cheaper rogue poison skillups + other questions

Silent
07-15-2013, 11:49 AM
So people have said raising pottery will make the poison vials a lot cheaper, But I see it takes easily 180 skill before you can even start making like sealed poison vials for a skill of 100+ make poison. However though its said pottery can be leveled to 150 very quickly. I am just wondering if its worth it, Or I should just dish out the plat to get my skill up. Right now I am nearly 60 MP and just combining 2x lactera to skillup until it goes trivial then I may swap to whatever else I can buy off a vendor to skillup to 150+. For poison though, the poison vials I would need to make already require a skill of like 170+ pottery to make, Would I even be saving money vs just farming platinum instead of wasting time skilling pottery up?

The make poison wiki page is as good as it gets, I have read a few other pages on how abouts to skill up but most of them are based on farming your own materials to which almost every rogue I know has simply dropped ~5k plat to go from lvl 21 MP to 200+ MP by buying high level poison materials and creating them nonstop. Since the make poison wiki doesn't list and mispells alot of the poison ingredients. What should I go for after lactera? White Hellebore from splitpaw, or Frosty Datura from DL yeti's.

Kind of makes me wish I had saved all those hundreds of succulent saps from my bard kites in OT, almost tempted to go back and do a full cacti swarm but alas lactera and succulent sap MP seem to trivial at the same point or so. Out of a stack of Lactera(10 chances to skillup) I have been averaging like 2-3 points if lucky. and lactera is a little over 2pp each, Though I was able to get some lucky combines in my 30s and make the aching poison already I plan on just dumping a bunch of points into apply poison, and using the res tof the poison I made previously from snake venom, asp venom etc to skillup further. Any help is appreciated, I was able to snag 2 1/2 stacks of Whore's Bane on toxfodder before server reset, It appears it drops only in najena but makes me wonder why it was sold to the WK poison vendor since it makes muscle lock. I play red so I guess most rogues are only interested in blind, sometimes muscle lock.

falkun
07-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Pottery is worthwhile for Velious (http://wiki.project1999.org/Vial_of_Velium_Vapors). Granted that only requires 122 skill for trivial, but its worth doing.

Cords
07-15-2013, 04:15 PM
I started Pottery in high hold pass around 16, with sneak and hide it is cake to move to the vendors you need. It has all the ingredients, and fast skill ups if you have the coin. With High hold keep right near by, I banked all the poison vials I could.