PDA

View Full Version : Decided to try Red

drivett
07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone. I decided to make a character on red and i was told to make a solo class first so i made a mage. Im currently level 20 and im just wondering what are some weapons and armor i could farm myself now or in the near future for my ranger i want to make. It doesnt have to be the really high end gear or any of that. I just want it to be better then what he starts with. Im a casual player and dont mind if it takes awhile to get but id like to know. On blue i just farmed a lot of pp and bought my stuff. On red it is alot harder to come by. Please any info will help me out. Thanks in advance for all the help. :)

skacat
07-17-2013, 01:49 AM
main advice is that you should get a good 1 hander for while you're under 20, the damage cap will make a good 2h worthless until then. afaik ranger soloing is all about fear kiting animals so you don't need much armor, just get a good weapon.

as a level 20 there isn't much you can farm directly, most of the good camps need at least mid 30s or even 40s. I'd recommend farming some plat at that level and buying something for 200-500pp, which you should be able to manage. or level up some more first.

could be some drops in kunark in 20s but nothing I know about. try looking through the gear wiki sorted by dps and see what you can dig up.

also, I see a lot of free melee gear in OOC.

Num1RecommendedByDentists
07-17-2013, 03:20 AM
get to 60 on your mage, immediately discard idea of rerolling a ranger; mages on this server are silly overpowered whereas rangers are pretty mediocre unless you can manage to get a windstriker(only two exist and the server has been out for over a year and a half)

if you must play one though, silver swiftblades from chardok aren't bad for lower level rangers

ultimately at higher end as a ranger you'll be wanting to have a woodsman's staff, a wurmslayer, and a skean

conflag dagger is also nice but very rare and thus very valuable; there is no more invis pulling from what i hear so anything that drops in howling stones will be worth a lot more