PDA

View Full Version : Level 40 Wizard looking for a zone

twgmot
07-18-2013, 03:18 AM
I quit playing p99 maybe a year before kunark was released - i've logged back on recently and have no idea where to go. I was camped out in OoT for some reason.

I never really got this high level on live before - any recommendations on a zone to go to? What's Kunark like? I remember a big giant fort somewhere.

edit: also I prefer a place where I can find a group - quad kiting sounds like a death trap for me.

Estu
07-18-2013, 08:47 AM
1) Quad kiting is super-easy and not a death trap. At 40, I think tundra yetis in the Dreadlands are good for that.

2) Grouping-wise, head to Solusek B or City of Mist. There is a giant fort like you said in Frontier Mountains, but it's outside, so I don't know why you'd want to bother grouping there and dealing with bad ZEM.

Lojik
07-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Really can only echo what Estu said. Quad kiting super easy and better xp than grouping once you get used to it. Do you have a) flux staff and b) spell: circle of force? Jboots or sow pots help too.

Raavak
07-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Quad specs in OoT or Oasis being the top choices. Pretty easy to do and they can take you to like 48 easily. Sell scythes for good pp too. DL stuff seemed hard to nuke down to me until I got Pillar of Frost, but I was maybe doing the wrong mobs.

Lojik
07-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Quad specs in OoT or Oasis being the top choices. Pretty easy to do and they can take you to like 48 easily. Sell scythes for good pp too. DL stuff seemed hard to nuke down to me until I got Pillar of Frost, but I was maybe doing the wrong mobs.

Those last couple levels before pillar can be a bit of a pain, but stick to birds if you're in DL. They have fewer hp than the dogs, but you can take the dogs down at 51. Bloodgills in loio good for mid to late 40's but will be tough to pull for someone not used to quad kiting.