PDA

View Full Version : Low Level Caster Gear

HippoNipple
07-09-2010, 10:09 AM
I know people say gear isn't that important until 30+ for a necro but I would at least like to find a robe until I can upgrade down the road. It doesn't have to be anything special, just better than cloth shirt. I'm getting tired of not having a robe as a caster. If there isn't a good suggestion I guess I will at least go to a necro guild and buy one of the starter robes.

Also if there are any other suggestions for some cheap or easy gear to obtain while I'm in my teens. I don't want to spend too much time on it cause my main focus is leveling but wouldn't mind an item here and there.

Gear I could obtain while leveling would be best case scenario, thanks guys.

Agecroft
07-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Damask robe from Befallen. Crappy, but easy to get an better than cloth shirt. For something better...Robe of the Oracle(O Robe).

Kyosho
07-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Yeah I bought a Damask robe off a merchant in the qeynos catacombs. It was pretty cheap too. Not sure it's something they stock. Just something some one had sold them. It's just a plain white robe, but it's better than nothing. And not a completely ridiculous color like some of those newbie robes.

HippoNipple
07-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Cool thats what I was looking for. I looked it up online and it says I can find it off of magicians in najena that are level 9-24 so I can start looking for one now.

FatMagic
07-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Hippo,
(warning slight derail) Hey if you happen upon the Blackened Sapphire while in Najena let me know - my monk Tetsu needs it for the sash quest! I think one of the named guys drops it.

Striiker
07-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Hippo,
(warning slight derail) Hey if you happen upon the Blackened Sapphire while in Najena let me know - my monk Tetsu needs it for the sash quest! I think one of the named guys drops it.

Yeah, that's Rathyl I believe. I'll probably be heading to Najena some time soon.. If I see it, I'll hook ya up.
Regarding the robes.. You can also hit Befallen as they drop Damansk robes too.. You may be able to buy a Flowing Black Robe which also comes from Najena. I've seen them sell between 100 - 150pp. This is far more befitting a Necromancer IMHO and is what I have for my necro.

HippoNipple
07-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Yeah I just dont have the pp - saving all the pp I get for spells. The only stat modifier I have is the stein of moggok cause fatmagic helped me out with his 8 enchanter the other night.

I was just wondering if there were some places to level up while maybe getting a drop I could use. I'm currently only level 13 so maybe I will have to wait till 25 or so to get something like the FBR.

Fatmagic, I will be looking out for ya : )

Barkingturtle
07-09-2010, 02:59 PM
I found an Advisor's Robe on a vendor in West Freeport for 45pp. I'd recommend you do that.