PDA

View Full Version : Old EQ maps

kylok
07-19-2013, 01:08 AM
Short story - back when I first started playing EverQuest on live, I did not know about eq atlas or allakhazam or other resources such as this. I first rolled a human druid, then promptly lost his corpse and rolled a human paladin. My family member however started with a wood elf druid and proceeded to get lost in Kelethin over and over and die repeatedly from falling off of the platforms. After a few days of frustration and lost corpses they decided to take a whack at drawing a map for themselves. While digging up some old paper eq atlas maps (yes I still have them from 2000, organized by continent alphabetically) I came across this cool little map. So I took a few pictures (terrible photographer) and thought I would post them for nostalgia purposes - enjoy =D.

SamwiseRed
07-19-2013, 01:16 AM
wish i had all my hand written maps :(

Mattius
08-14-2013, 03:32 AM
should replace the wiki with hand drawn images.

Leddy
08-14-2013, 03:47 AM
should replace the wiki with hand drawn images.

I agree, using maps online and the wiki aren't classic.
Hand drawn maps should help make it closer to classic.
Actually, removing the wiki would be better since it isn't classic.

ALERT FOR IDIOTS: SARCASM ENGAGED

myriverse
08-14-2013, 07:20 AM
I agree, using maps online and the wiki aren't classic.
Hand drawn maps should help make it closer to classic.
Actually, removing the wiki would be better since it isn't classic.
The Wiki is no different than Alla's, Everlore, EQAtlas (all of which started in 1999) or the hundred other websites with hand-drawn maps that were very much classic. P99 isn't actually stuck in March 1999. It's a progression server and has progressed to Kunark and Epics and will soon be in Velious. Everybody was using the Net for info by then.

Langrisser
08-14-2013, 07:24 AM
^

ALERT FOR IDIOTS: SARCASM ENGAGED

also... i could totally see the value of making your own map of Kelethin! nice work

http://www.steveprutz.com/eq/ just throwin it out there, probably well known

Aeaolena
08-14-2013, 08:04 AM
I wish I had this map when I started in 2000. Kelethin was a nightmare for a first-time-player.

mtb tripper
08-15-2013, 01:54 AM
shabbalabbadingdong

singol29
08-18-2013, 08:42 PM
that's awesome. i played a wood elf as my first character back in 2000 and i can still get lost in kelethin