PDA

View Full Version : Monk BiS weapons - lvl 20

Forsale
07-20-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi guys,

Monk is currently lvl 20, probably pretty much BiS geared (incl. CoF, Fungi, etc.)

Got the choice between the following weapons:
- Epic Fists
- Adamantite Club
- Stave of Shielding
- Tranquil Staff

I like to test around, but I'd be curious about your opinions about what should be the absolute best at the next 20-30 levels.

Thanks for your input!

pasi
07-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Personally, I'd go T-staff until 60 - then potentially sell it and rock Epic + SoS. The proc is worth the slight loss in damage, and T-Staff will out damage Epic + SoS/AC or even AC/SoS for a long time. By the time DW is superior damage wise, the T-staff proc gives it the edge.

The extra bit of damage (and huge push) is more for killing raid mobs. Almost everything you're killing for exp (55/lower) is going to be susceptible to an unresistable stun.

Sarius
07-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Sos main, AC off until 34
34+ epic main, SoS off

kotton05
07-23-2013, 07:18 PM
I say, rock that wu's quivering till damage cap is removed then tstaff, use 1hand when push is needed

Widan
07-23-2013, 07:37 PM
If you look here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=110823 the best 1h's will never outdps the best 2h's, though I'm still a little skeptical some of the values on that chart are completely accurate, but they are close enough. This chart doesn't take tstaff proc damage into account either and it's still better than epic/sos.

Sarius
07-23-2013, 09:18 PM
According to the DPS chart you just linked, epic + SoS will out damage Tsaff from lvl 30-45. My guess is that DW is better at least until lvl 50 when the staff procs.

Silent
08-06-2013, 06:06 AM
If you have all this, Epic fist/SoS is the ideal way to go and will be more DPS then any of the other combinations hands down 50+. Now as for the lower levels I do not know, I would just do some parsing of your own with epic fists only and see where that puts you first. Then from there, See how it goes. Obviously at 30ish+ the mainhand bonus isn't going to be so amazing, So if double epic fist turns to be a wash I would go with SoS mainhand, Ada club offhand or some combination if you like dual wield. For some PVE stuns on mobs. Tstaff is ok damage, But never once have I ran into a monk with a tstaff that beat me on dps meters while I ran epic fist/SoS or IFS.

Nirgon
08-06-2013, 10:34 AM
get a wu's quivering staff, next question