PDA

View Full Version : Considering joining this server.

trustandfall
07-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Currently I play on a different server.

Couple quick questions.

1) What expansion/content is this server on, and what are projected dates and/or time frames to continue.

2) Is dual boxing allowed? Three boxing? Is there a cap to how many boxes you can play?

3) How many end game guilds are there currently? Would you consider the server to be growing, or dying?

Norathorr
07-21-2013, 09:17 PM
1 -Currently on Kunark
2 - No Boxing whatsoever!
3 - High end raid scene is rather borked from what I hear, but better ask someone more involved with it.

I am currently lv 34 having played live for 11 years. I am having a lot more fun here.

Reguiy
07-21-2013, 09:22 PM
3) How many end game guilds are there currently? Would you consider the server to be growing, or dying?

Oh. This should be good!

Bundie
07-21-2013, 09:23 PM
As someone who only recently joined, do it you will love the server!

indiscriminate_hater
07-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Currently I play on a different server.

inb4 derailing

Reguiy
07-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Velious will be out around the end of the year. Population will go up a lot, so in that sense it is(or will be) growing. Now is a perfect time to level up and get prepared for velious!

trustandfall
07-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Hopping on now.. Darkreever, Dark Elf Necromancer. Formerly of the same name on Torvonnilous, ex-member of Blades of Wrath in case that helps ring any bells and find an old friend!

trustandfall
07-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Velious will be out around the end of the year. Population will go up a lot, so in that sense it is(or will be) growing. Now is a perfect time to level up and get prepared for velious!

Has it been said what, if any, content they expect to stop or restart fresh at?

webrunner5
07-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Welcome aboard. This server stops at Velious. Really 2 to 3 top guilds on here that can raid anything. 4 or 5 Guilds below that do Fear, Hate Sky stuff. So not that bad.

trustandfall
07-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Welcome aboard. This server stops at Velious. Really 2 to 3 top guilds on here that can raid anything. 4 or 5 Guilds below that do Fear, Hate Sky stuff. So not that bad.

Thanks for the response.

Slightly disappointing, as Luclin/POP are two of my favorite expansions, but I'll still stick around. Thanks again!

Ektar
07-21-2013, 10:03 PM
End game content is very borked. If you are not interested in it then it doesn't really affect you, except if a boss spawns and jerks train stuff around and don't care about other people. If you plan on going end game, well. only place you'll raid trakanon so you'll get used to it :P

trustandfall
07-21-2013, 10:10 PM
End game content is very borked. If you are not interested in it then it doesn't really affect you, except if a boss spawns and jerks train stuff around and don't care about other people. If you plan on going end game, well. only place you'll raid trakanon so you'll get used to it :P

Why is Trakanon the only place available for raiding?

Ektar
07-21-2013, 10:12 PM
I use distorted grammar for comedic effect but I see it got kind of confusing here.

p99 is the only place you'll raid trakanon, so if you wanna do it you'll get used to the crap that is end game clusterfucks

webrunner5
07-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Its not that bad. :confused: You just have to belong to one of the top 2 or 3 guilds. It was that way on live. Nothing comes easy on here, you know that. This server is HARD MODE. Hell this DDoS crap makes it a real ball buster lol. :eek: Thank God for Cleric's.

trustandfall
07-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Ohhh, you meant this is the only place you'll raid Trak. I thought you meant Trak is the only thing up for raiding haha. Understood... End game raid clusterfucks? Wasn't that a huge part of the fun of classic! Three guilds competing for AOW training the shit out of each other and spilling the drama onto the forums for everyone to see? =)

Ektar
07-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Its not that bad. :confused: You just have to belong to one of the top 2 or 3 guilds.

you obviously are not in those

Ohhh, you meant this is the only place you'll raid Trak. I thought you meant Trak is the only thing up for raiding haha. Understood... End game raid clusterfucks? Wasn't that a huge part of the fun of classic! Three guilds competing for AOW training the shit out of each other and spilling the drama onto the forums for everyone to see? =)

yes and more. glad you will enjoy your stay here check out rants and flames when you feel ballsy :P

Reguiy
07-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the response.

Slightly disappointing, as Luclin/POP are two of my favorite expansions, but I'll still stick around. Thanks again!

There's been talk of completely skipping Luclin, as the staff hates that Xpac, and going straight to releasing PoP planes in various oldworld locations.

trustandfall
07-21-2013, 10:31 PM
There's been talk of completely skipping Luclin, as the staff hates that Xpac, and going straight to releasing PoP planes in various oldworld locations.

That would be pretty cool actually.. Though Ssra and VT are some of my fondest memories. Having a great time chugging through Nektulous at the moment trying to farm 4000 copper to afford a spell! :D

Ektar
07-21-2013, 10:33 PM
go to ec tunnel and send me a tell when you're there

ownix
07-21-2013, 10:35 PM
btw,

1. is map usable to all the zones on this server?
2. is /melody usable here to bard ?
3. is mage's summoning reagent always malachite ? or varies with levels?
4. is recipes of potions as classic as 1999 ? or as new as that on live servers ?

Ektar
07-21-2013, 10:36 PM
no map any zone
uh what (no)
I think one level it goes to lapis lazui?
classic recipes I think but I ain't no ugly shaman

Ephi
07-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Welcome sir. Enjoy the show.

lecompte
07-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Welcome to the server.

trustandfall
07-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Had to log a bit early last night, and have a few Doctor's appointments for my son today and possibly work tonight. If not I'll be on again, thanks for the help Ektar! You're a good dude!

Malice_Mizer
07-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Also, if you're considering playing a bard, there is no /melody macro to twist by.

Highly classic, but also incredibly painful and tedious.