PDA

View Full Version : Not enough permissions?

Balzitch
07-21-2013, 11:01 PM
I play Project 1999 on my home computer and on my laptop when away, but after the recent patch my laptop now gives me the message : You do not have enough permissions to the specific Everquest-Directory.

My home computer patched just fine, but this message now prevents me from patching and playing on my laptop.

Can anyone give me advise on this please.

Ektar
07-21-2013, 11:04 PM
sounds like stupid holy god why the hell would they do something like this administrator permissions on windows.

try to give yourself administration permission on the directory

Bundie
07-21-2013, 11:12 PM
I guess this is with the patcher? You need to run it as admin.

Balzitch
07-22-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks you very much for you replies, but I guess I don't know what you mean. How and what do I run as admin? plz...sound like such a newb, but I seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks for any info you can give me

knottyb0y
07-22-2013, 02:06 PM
To run as an admin (if using windows 7/8 /vista ish (they are pretty much the same))

1. right click the eqemulator launch shortcut and select "properties"
2. in the properties screen select the tab "shortcut"
3. click the "advanced" button on the shortcutt tab
4. Check "run as administrator"
5. hit OK a few times and you are good.

Ektar
07-22-2013, 02:20 PM
if you are doing this procedure and feel like it is absolutely ridiculous

then you are doing it right

Balzitch
07-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks again for the great help. When I did what you said, it already showed that box checked.

But I did what you probably all are saying I should have done to start with, deleted the entire game and started over. Now it runs fine.

Thanks again for all of your assistance and good advice.

The Balz

lecompte
07-22-2013, 02:23 PM
Can also (probably) hold shift, right click the .exe and hit Run as Administrator. GG security by obscurity.

EDIT: I was too late.