PDA

View Full Version : How to make some plat (as a Ranger)

koros
07-24-2013, 08:55 PM
So my main is a ranger, and been I've been sitting around at 55 in the same gear forever. I really need to get some plat to get a few items that will make soloing while LFG more tolerable. RBG/Fungii/etc.

I've managed to make a whopping 10k between 51-55 over the last (many) months of casual play. The problem is that getting a group as a Ranger ANYWHERE outside of KC is nearly impossible. I've had 1 seb group since 51+.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm almost tempted to level my enchanter from 30, because by the time I made 100k on my ranger, I'm sure the enchanter could be 54 and making that much plat on the regular.

Flamewraith
07-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Reroll.

Thulack
07-24-2013, 09:01 PM
Well i would have said Quillmane but with recent patch you might aswell learn the EC Economy Game.

koros
07-24-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm a trader IRL, last thing I wanna do during sparse EQ time is do it. Also I tend to play at off hours these days.

However, it does seem to be the quickest way to get rich quick (just like real life?)

khanable
07-24-2013, 09:04 PM
pizjin
ancient cyclops
hadden

etc

koros
07-24-2013, 09:05 PM
What about Neriak? What level are the guards there that people hunt? Do they drop fine steel? Ideally I'd like to get some xp while farming

khanable
07-24-2013, 09:08 PM
you're slightly too high for neriak guards

and they'd also rape you

misty guards are good for selling their spears (11p ea)

this user was banned
07-24-2013, 09:11 PM
sell your account

Tiggles
07-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Dupe AoNs

Mathiasaurus
07-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Farm something easy while your watching a movie or something. Bang out all your relaxation in one go!

Flamewraith
07-24-2013, 09:25 PM
I hate to break it to you, but a ranger is not a farm plat class. Literally anything a ranger can do for plat any caster class could triple the outcome from. You said you had an enchanter that you could level? Excellent use that to farm cash if you're set on leveling a ranger. Go to HG's at like 39, camp them to 49 if you're persistant. Move on to seafuries at that point till whenever you like. Huge cash there.

captincrust
07-24-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm not trying to suggest this is the move you should make *but* I've seen quite a few people WTB Ranger accounts because they are currently way better than druids for their tracking (also, infinitely better than druids at high levels imo).

If you are up for some more meager farming, shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to share some of my ideas - Hadden is a good one though.

Peekae
07-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Get friends and go bang out some good camps in seb would be your best bet. However if you want to solo farm you could also do something easy like Warslik Woods goblin for the clicky ear at 3k a pop but pretty boring to do.

Infuriati
07-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Don't listen to this bullshit, the named spawn cycle if it still works in Frontier mountains drops stuff like the Dustscryers Crystal ball worth 4k, along with other loot. Ask another ranger to show you, one of them know.

koros
07-24-2013, 09:45 PM
Don't listen to this bullshit, the named spawn cycle if it still works in Frontier mountains drops stuff like the Dustscryers Crystal ball worth 4k, along with other loot. Ask another ranger to show you, one of them know.

This seems like the way to go, I was thinking about FM but didn't know the prices or the spawn cycle here. I used to do it on live and it was pretty sweet.

Duoing or soloing (at least the non caster named) in TT might be worth it too.

Thanks

webrunner5
07-25-2013, 12:25 AM
If you don't have pretty good gear by now at 55 sad to say it is way to late on your Ranger. Unless you win a T Staff in KC your goose is cooked. Prices are going to go up and up with the last patch. I don't care how many Fine Steel weapons you loot ain't going to get you a Fungi down the road.

Rangers just don't get enough groups to roll on good gear and can't solo good mobs to get good gear. Sort of see a trend here?? Level up another NORMAL toon and make some plat. Facts of life on here, sorry.

Widan
07-25-2013, 01:18 AM
does anyone buy spider silk yet or is that not until the shawl quest goes in? i made all my plat on live farming spiders in EK, perfect for a tracker, crag spiders can drop up to 8 silks.

Razdeline
07-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Take a year to get 60, and then contract yourself out for top guilds to use you as Deathtouch bait/and necros to farm rez gems.

Swish
07-25-2013, 02:12 AM
My main is a cleric, so in terms of plat farming its not easy. I don't care what anyone says about making money rezzing people...too many people who'll ask for a rez in Lower Guk and give you 40pp for the trouble. If I wanted 40pp for it, I'd make a druid and port someone ;) (talking in plat terms here, I don't rez people for plat... just stating that its not always as lucrative as non-clerics think).

So I rolled a necro. A real answer to my farming limitations on a cleric. Never levelled a ranger but I'd honestly suggest making a necro/mage/druid and farming on them instead to buy your ranger whatever he needs.

Raavak
07-25-2013, 02:14 AM
Sell sacs.

Elmarnieh
07-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Don't listen to the naysayers. Spend time in Seb, you may spend a lot of your time lfg but so what - just start your own groups and invite lfg people and do zone in mobs until you get enough to move somewhere. I spent 55-60 in Seb and usually didn't have to wait more than 30 min to form a group to move down to a camp. A lammy and a css are affordable fine weapons for your level - get a lupine dagger or even a woodsmans staff as other options.

As for plat - Mistmoore is a good place for fine steel and garg eyes and random named. Also has the undead that can drop the essences that sells for 150+.

newsmurf
07-25-2013, 08:56 AM
why dont you just sell peggy cloaks? every character who raids who is 50+ needs one. errbody got alts.

fastboy21
07-25-2013, 09:31 AM
When it comes to plat farming, those who know don't say and those who say don't know....

There are def track cycles and camps that can net you 20k a day easy if you want to leave your exp camp, or more.

It really depends how much plat you are looking to make (a few k to buy some gear or huge sums to buy high end item, etc.).

Meiva
07-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Dhamp in MM. The cloak drop is quite valuable. You'd be expected to see one every few hours.

Raavak
07-25-2013, 09:46 AM
FM cycle after druid track nerf is going to be a ranger only farm I'd think. Get those Cenobite Belts and Dustcryer's Crystal Balls.

Kinlain
07-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Are rangers really that bad getting groups at 51+? Wow, I thought they would be alot more needed exspecially in Seb, since they have snare.

lecompte
07-25-2013, 11:32 AM
....Koros, I've made ~ 100k PLing... send me a PM and I'll explain :)