PDA

View Full Version : Mages 51-60...

Arterian
07-26-2013, 03:48 PM
So I'm trying to recall how mages fare 50+.

Do the post 50 pets tank well in Kunark and Velious content? Are mages viable at soloing in dungeons or does their solo ability drop off?

I know they rock 1-50, but curious how they hold up in the later game.

Thanks!

kaos057
07-26-2013, 10:58 PM
mages solo fine up until pop so on this server they should never have a problem

Flamewraith
07-27-2013, 02:13 AM
Soloing in dungeons is hard for me solely because of a lack of a proper way to split mobs. I can effectively take on 2 mobs at a time with my earth pet but going for 3 gets hairy and ugly if not at full mana and on my A game. I can kind of ghetto split by praying my earth pets root sticks and cothing myself, but it's not effective and it rarely works as expected. In groups I bring great dps with a muzzled sworded backstabbing pet and a large mana pool to nuke with. (usually about 2 per mob is what I shoot for more if I have an ench or feeling like going crazy) I really like duoing though. Mages make great partners with other spell casters. Was able to duo the shit out of the hole with an ench, and I have big plans on going into howling stones with a kickass necro and getting some leet lute. In all we solo very well outdoors where single or double pulling is easy, dungeons can get mean depending on the pathing and mob placement, and we are great in raids and groups.

Estu
07-27-2013, 08:51 AM
Soloing in dungeons is hard for me solely because of a lack of a proper way to split mobs.

http://wiki.project1999.org/Wooly_Spider_Silk_Net

diplo
07-29-2013, 10:58 AM
you can single pull in dungeons as a mage ;)