PDA

View Full Version : What ruleset would be cool to play on?

Stinkum
07-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Disclaimer: This is not a "wipe it" thread.

What kind of ruleset would be cool if there was ever a hypothetical third server?

Purple server -- Some kind of mix between a PvE and PvP server. Possible Ideas: Code it so guilds can mass PvP to contest for raid targets, but basically a PvE server other than that.
Standard Blue -- A second PvE server exactly like Project1999 Blue with Classic Timeline Progression (~10 months of Classic, ~9 months of Kunark).
Discord - Short-lived PvP Server where you reset to level 1 if you die. Points given for killing other players. The players with the most points at the end of the server's existence are rewarded with character transfers to Blue or Red and awarded special gear.
Sullon Zek--EverQuest server in which the players were separated into teams based on religion: good, evil, neutral. The level limits of the other PvP servers were removed, allowing someone of the highest level to kill someone of the lowest level, though there were limits on experience loss and looting.
Original Firiona Vie - Roleplay-encouraged PvE server where every character has an "alignment" that determines whether or not they can group/guild with other characters, buff or receive buffs, and experience bonus or penalty. Trivial Loot Code applies (items don't drop off a mob unless you got XP from killing it). See full ruleset here. (http://firionavie.yuku.com/topic/1005#.UfLf76x-qds)
Tallon Zek and Vallon Zek--PvP servers which formed teams based on race.
Rallos Zek--PvP server which had no teams and item (and coin) loot.
Other--Explain your suggestion below.

teija
07-27-2013, 12:02 AM
I played on Tallon Zek and Loved it so much when i started as a Woodelf Druid, we would form raiding parties and go kill shorty's (gnomes ect) and darkies (all evil races) all day.

The old days were fun....

slow2
07-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Hardcore Blue server with an extended timeline. You die you go back to level 1. Make a leaderboard.

1203jjt
07-27-2013, 12:05 AM
Firiona Vie.

Norsegryphon
07-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Instead of a whole new server i wouldnt mind a Project M event. Something that WAS done in the classic era ( Velious ) http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Project_M - Now of course its a coding nightmare and like article states, would end up being a mess in most parts. It would still be amazing, given that many newbie areas on server, though not all bustling, are still active enough to make it a nice diversion. OF course it would be fun as hell on top of it.

mtb tripper
07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
I played on Tallon Zek and Loved it so much when i started as a Woodelf Druid, we would form raiding parties and go kill shorty's (gnomes ect) and darkies (all evil races) all day.

The old days were fun....

runlvlzero
07-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Disclaimer: This is not a "wipe it" thread.

What kind of ruleset would be cool if there was ever a hypothetical third server?

Purple server -- Some kind of mix between a PvE and PvP server. Possible Ideas: Code it so guilds can mass PvP to contest for raid targets, but basically a PvE server other than that.
Standard Blue -- A second PvE server exactly like Project1999 Blue with Classic Timeline Progression (~10 months of Classic, ~9 months of Kunark).
Discord - Short-lived PvP Server where you reset to level 1 if you die. Points given for killing other players. The players with the most points at the end of the server's existence are rewarded with character transfers to Blue or Red and awarded special gear.
Sullon Zek--EverQuest server in which the players were separated into teams based on religion: good, evil, neutral. The level limits of the other PvP servers were removed, allowing someone of the highest level to kill someone of the lowest level, though there were limits on experience loss and looting.
Original Firiona Vie - Roleplay-encouraged PvE server where every character has an "alignment" that determines whether or not they can group/guild with other characters, buff or receive buffs, and experience bonus or penalty. Trivial Loot Code applies (items don't drop off a mob unless you got XP from killing it). See full ruleset here. (http://firionavie.yuku.com/topic/1005#.UfLf76x-qds)
Tallon Zek and Vallon Zek--PvP servers which formed teams based on race.
Rallos Zek--PvP server which had no teams and item (and coin) loot.
Other--Explain your suggestion below.

Purple server -- Some kind of mix between a PvE and PvP server. Possible Ideas: Code it so guilds can mass PvP to contest for raid targets, but basically a PvE server other than that. + Original Firiona Vie - Roleplay-encouraged PvE server where every character has an "alignment" that determines whether or not they can group/guild with other characters, buff or receive buffs, and experience bonus or penalty. Trivial Loot Code applies (items don't drop off a mob unless you got XP from killing it). See full ruleset here. (http://firionavie.yuku.com/topic/1005#.UfLf76x-qds) #1

FV Purple Server. + 1 item loot. I wouldn't restrict groups by alignment.

Discord/Rallos #2 but not for main play time.

By the way your post is extremely well thought out, good job defining the rule sets.

FV was cool but, by itself in PvE doesn't quite stand on its own.

I havn't seen a teams coded server (Sullon) that I would try... ever again... hardcoded guilds are better.

Teams were cool though, it did make the game more atmospheric and immersive. FV was legit.

Stinkum
07-27-2013, 12:18 AM
By the way your post is extremely well thought out, good job defining the rule sets.

Thanks man. I forgot to add a poll though (can a mod do that?)

I personally agree some kind of Purple or F.V. server would be tight.

Arteker
07-27-2013, 12:33 AM
classic server+ aas

HawkMasterson1999
07-27-2013, 02:07 AM
classic server+ aas

Rainja Time~

mwatt
07-27-2013, 03:43 AM
You know, there's a reason that P99 Blue is far and away the most popular EQEmu server. People like as it is.

Faerie
07-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Firiona Vie ruleset, with FFA pvp and item loot. Also the GMs would be on lookout 24/7 for people breaking character, which results in a perma ban.

runlvlzero
07-27-2013, 06:02 AM
Firiona Vie ruleset, with FFA pvp and item loot. Also the GMs would be on lookout 24/7 for people breaking character, which results in a perma ban.

I could actually get behind this but perma ban for breaking character is a lil rough... just like a temporary 24 hr suspension at most. Worse for repeat offenders. And only in public channels. Shouldnt matter what people say in tells. Or guild even as that is enforceable by ... players through ignore and /guildremove.

Bubbles
07-27-2013, 07:53 AM
We could always save band-with and staffing by simply wiping the red server and making it a second blue server.

That could be done... tomorrow! :cool:

Swish
07-27-2013, 11:09 AM
We could always save band-with and staffing by simply wiping the red server and making it a second blue server

Red is more interesting with PvP, isn't riddled with inflation, spawns aren't always permacamped, XP is quicker, global /ooc provides serverwide entertainment... but fuck that, why not kill the 1st blue server by making a 2nd blue server, and losing red in one foul swoop?

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

Champion_Standing
07-27-2013, 11:12 AM
FV server with TLC (rage face engage), just ditch the whole idea of 1 char per account because it's pointless on an emu server.

Breeziyo
07-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Purple would be baller. FV / Purple mix would be super baller.