PDA

View Full Version : Couple little things I noticed that aren't classic

Arclanz
07-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Hey love the server (of course) ! Couple little things I noticed FYI.

Sitting heals 2hp per tick but it should heal 3p per tick. I remember talking to my friend human warrior about why he was always sitting and he made a big deal about how healing is tripled when sitting. I'd love to see this fixed !! :)

As much as I love the HQ, MQ, and LQ pelts in the commonlands; this was not the case in classic. If tailors wanted those pelts they had to go to the karanas. Trust me, my 2000 cleric was a tailor and it was a PITA to get those pelts. Cats in the commonlands would drop ruined sometimes and other times pelts that were not useful other than for selling to vendor. Can't remember what those pelts were called, though.

Anyone care to chime in with little things like this that they saw? Thanks Devs, this server ROCKS !!

/EDIT Also, tradeskilling is far easier here than classic. Clicking "combine" never gave the message "can't do that." It either worked (if you had the right components and skill) or it failed and destroyed all contents of the forge/oven/etc. Also, "Studs" and "Steel Boning" did not stack in classic.

Erasong
07-10-2010, 02:46 PM
uhm i KNOW you could get HQ bear pelts in EC.

Dersk
07-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Sitting didn't heal 3/tick until level 20 for the non troll/iksar.

edit: per cat pelts, I never saw a 'low quality cat pelt' that wasn't made from a skinning knife until after several tradeskill revamps that aren't classic. High quality cat pelts most certainly dropped in east commonlands. Other than that, the unusually high quality of pelt/skin drops has been mentioned before.

tj218
07-10-2010, 02:51 PM
No, you could get HQ pelts in EC and WC (more common in WC from what I remember). However, I think the drop rate is a bit too frequent for the HQ pelts.

I vaguely recall 3hp per tick, but that may also be wishful thinking for my melee. Can anyone verify this?

Hey love the server (of course) ! Couple little things I noticed FYI.

Sitting heals 2hp per tick but it should heal 3p per tick. I remember talking to my friend human warrior about why he was always sitting and he made a big deal about how healing is tripled when sitting. I'd love to see this fixed !! :)

As much as I love the HQ, MQ, and LQ pelts in the commonlands; this was not the case in classic. If tailors wanted those pelts they had to go to the karanas. Trust me, my 2000 cleric was a tailor and it was a PITA to get those pelts. Cats in the commonlands would drop ruined sometimes and other times pelts that were not useful other than for selling to vendor. Can't remember what those pelts were called, though.

Anyone care to chime in with little things like this that they saw? Thanks Devs, this server ROCKS !!

Arclanz
07-10-2010, 03:08 PM
correction. Yes I know HQ Bear skins dropped in the commonlands. I said "pelts." And I can assure you that pelts other than ruined never dropped or were as rare as Rathyl...because I never saw anything other than ruined pelts or lion skin, etc. in the commonlands. And I spent a LOT of time in the commonlands.

Regarding LQ pelts, I think Dersk is right. However I'm equally sure you're wrong about the HQ and MQ cat / wolf pelts in anything other than the karanas :P

Dersk
07-10-2010, 03:26 PM
However I'm equally sure you're wrong about the HQ and MQ cat / wolf pelts in anything other than the karanas :P

I'm going off of the fact that I used commonlands skins and pelts to make various leather armor, particularly studded and reinforced leather. Although, now that I think about it, the specific characters that I made it for could have used the versions made from wolf or bear skins, so I'm not *absolutely* sure.

Eqtraders (http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=2119&menustr=035000000000) does not mention the Ro's or commonlands for HQ or MQ cat pelts, even after all the tradeskill adjustements that have been made over the years, so that case is likely to be right.

Morndenkainen
07-11-2010, 08:09 PM
I recall getting HQ and lower skins in E-Commons... There were two ways to do it.. One was to buy them, the other was to hope you got one sometime during the process of killing 50 or so bears.... Yes, they were rare... But they were there.

Arclanz
07-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Click the Eqtraders link in Dersk's post. There's proof in the pudding right there. I guess those pelts even today do not drop anywhere but the Karanas.

guineapig
07-12-2010, 11:47 AM
The drop rate of high quality pelts was already fixed last patch.