PDA

View Full Version : Remember that feeling?

Krazed
07-27-2013, 11:06 PM
That feeling back in the day, when you were part of a guild that felt like everyone was your friend?

When you looked forward to log on every night after work, so you could hang out and have adventures. Or camp random things, or just talk to people for hours about everything.

I miss that.

I want it back.

Are there any guilds like nowadays? Is anyone part of a big happy and entertaining guild that does things together more often than not?

If so, let me know. I feel like it's about the only thing I'm currently missing from my classic experience.

Tiggles
07-27-2013, 11:09 PM
That feeling back in the day, when you were part of a guild that felt like everyone was your friend?

When you looked forward to log on every night after work, so you could hang out and have adventures. Or camp random things, or just talk to people for hours about everything.

I miss that.

I want it back.

Are there any guilds like nowadays? Is anyone part of a big happy and entertaining guild that does things together more often than not?

If so, let me know. I feel like it's about the only thing I'm currently missing from my classic experience.

I've been in TMO since before we killed any raid content on P99 I was there for our first Noble kill and the majority of the other firsts for the guild.

Ive drank beers with guildies played board games with them and would let 90% of them crash on my couch.

Jizzebel
07-27-2013, 11:20 PM
I've been in TMO since before we killed any raid content on P99 I was there for our first Noble kill and the majority of the other firsts for the guild.

Ive drank beers with guildies played board games with them and would let 90% of them crash on my couch.

but in BDA.

kotton05
07-28-2013, 12:14 AM
That tonight's gonna be a good night?

Nuggie
07-28-2013, 01:36 AM
None I know of on this server. Eq2 and WoW coming out tore my guild on live asunder. Now I'm fairly jaded to that feeling. I think because of the low pop here most guild leaders see players as warm bodies.

If you find that feeling again, spread the word because I want it back also.

Razdeline
07-28-2013, 03:56 AM
It's common knowledge that IB has annual get-togethers, bbq's, and snazzy lobster dinners in Vegas.

Floraline
07-28-2013, 04:43 AM
I have that feeling with my current guild, FYI. I never get a group that doesn't have at least one guildie involved.

Krazed
07-28-2013, 09:56 AM
I have that feeling with my current guild, FYI. I never get a group that doesn't have at least one guildie involved.

What guild are you in? I've been having a hard time sticking with one character, mainly because of the fact that I have no regular group. Or "friends" that stick around for more than two weeks.

Deadmantis
07-28-2013, 11:55 AM

It's the other 10% that you wouldn't give your home address to that's the wild card. They play their class like a champ, but you really don't want to know them outside of the game. Every guild has them, some more than others. :p

All joking aside, I would love to find that feeling in a guild once again. The core group of friends that I played EQ, Daoc, EQ2 and WoW with have since moved on from gaming. The guild I am in here once had a bunch of old geezers playing but I think most of them retired. These days I am lucky if I see 1 other guildie on. :o

Krazed
07-28-2013, 11:57 AM
That's sad.

From what I've seen, out of the current leveling guilds, Knights who say Ni seem to be the best candidate for starting this kind of atmosphere. That is, if they haven't already!

I've met lots of friendlies from that guild lately.

Numbers_
07-28-2013, 12:02 PM
I was in a guild like that back when I played on live (circa 1999-2000). I was originally in a small tight-knit guild, burnt out, came back after like two months and found out they had merged with the most dominant raid guild on the server.

Turns out they were all cool people too. Did a lot of raiding with them before I burned out again, this time for good (well until here, of course :) ).

thufir
07-28-2013, 12:17 PM

Flora's in the Knights Who Say Ni.

I like them too. It's been a long time since I've had groups with more than one or two non-guildies. All good people and many new to the server so you can join up without feeling like you're the New Guy who got added to the cast in Season 8.

TAllen82
07-28-2013, 12:34 PM
Aye, Knights Who Say Ni is that guild all the way, constant in guild discussions about anything and everything, casual friendly atmosphere where players find groups with one another 9 times out of 10, it's a great guild, and exactly what the OP is looking for I believe. Also (Shout out to my old guildies) Azure Guard, but Knights Who Say Ni is who I would have to promote here I believe.

mtb tripper
07-28-2013, 12:37 PM
without feeling like you're the New Guy who got added to the cast in Season 8.

Such a good analogy haha

Messie
07-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Flora's in the Knights Who Say Ni.

I like them too. It's been a long time since I've had groups with more than one or two non-guildies. All good people and many new to the server so you can join up without feeling like you're the New Guy who got added to the cast in Season 8.

QFT - Feel free to do a / all knights and ask anyone for an officer. We have usually at least one on at a time. We are a friendly casual leveling guild that has people all level ranges going through the classic experience. All we ask is that you want to play to have a positive p99 experience!

message any member in game when you are on and we will work on getting you an invite. I'm on now - Messie is my chars name - hope to hear from you in game!

thufir
07-28-2013, 01:22 PM
All we ask is that you want to play to have a positive p99 experience!

"Be nice to both guildies and non-guildies" is how I always put it when I'm questioning potential new recruits. :)

Cyrano
07-28-2013, 02:30 PM
You'll never have back your MMO virginity, EQ popped it. There was a point that I loved WoW and played it a ton but it still wasn't the same.

I really think that once you start playing a game at a hardcore level it diminishes the "wow" factor because everything just becomes a goal. If I can't be at the top of a game I no longer really enjoy them which has lead me to barely play video games now.

However I do have some advice because I did have a great time on P99 during classic and early Kunark. Go find friends you like and build something together, you will have ups and downs but so long as you have a common goal and someone wants to lead you will end up enjoying yourself. That feeling of camaraderie you seek comes from having memories with people and that comes from working to build a community.

Glorindale
07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
My advice is if you haven't found a guild like you described you should create one and recruit like minded folks to join. You don't have to be UBER hardcore playa to bring that sort of fun and excitement back into the game.

Clark
07-29-2013, 01:04 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5992058368/h677A48F4/

I can't even begin to explain how much I enjoyed this rofl

Clark
07-29-2013, 01:08 AM
You'll never have back your MMO virginity, EQ popped it. There was a point that I loved WoW and played it a ton but it still wasn't the same.

I really think that once you start playing a game at a hardcore level it diminishes the "wow" factor because everything just becomes a goal. If I can't be at the top of a game I no longer really enjoy them which has lead me to barely play video games now.

However I do have some advice because I did have a great time on P99 during classic and early Kunark. Go find friends you like and build something together, you will have ups and downs but so long as you have a common goal and someone wants to lead you will end up enjoying yourself. That feeling of camaraderie you seek comes from having memories with people and that comes from working to build a community.

good post, EQ is supreme for sure

I've had that same experience with other games

Nietche
07-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Knights Who Say Ni is a really friendly guild from what I've seen while playing my low level alts. Europa is good too if you're a euro.

webrunner5
07-29-2013, 10:31 PM
Knights Who Say Ni is a really friendly guild from what I've seen while playing my low level alts. Europa is good too if you're a euro.

What he says.

Jenithia
07-30-2013, 02:21 AM
I <3 my fellow BDA late night crew so much.