PDA

View Full Version : Is 2x exp confirmed?

flatt
07-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Or not

Ele
07-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Sure doesn't seem like it :P

xarzzardorn
07-28-2013, 01:54 PM
yea dont think so

Turp_SmokinPurp
07-28-2013, 02:25 PM
** Update **

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h468/Turp420/bad879a2-8255-42af-8cbe-17a51dec5b23.jpg (http://s1111.photobucket.com/user/Turp420/media/bad879a2-8255-42af-8cbe-17a51dec5b23.jpg.html)

Flamewraith
07-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Was in a chardok AE and it almost felt like I was getting LESS per pull :p

Sarius
07-28-2013, 03:21 PM
Agreed, does not seem like 2x is in effect. Any comment from GMs?

Raavak
07-28-2013, 03:31 PM
I think it is... my clr is in 45 and it seems a little faster.

flatt
07-28-2013, 03:47 PM
I think it is... my clr is in 45 and it seems a little faster.

Oh 2x Exp just for TMO?

I KID I KID

Numbers_
07-28-2013, 03:49 PM
I played earlier today (finally got through 40) on my Iksar Monk and it seemed a tad bit faster. It could be my imagination tho.

khanable
07-28-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm pretty sure it is not in effect.

Champion_Standing
07-28-2013, 04:23 PM
Agreed, does not seem like 2x is in effect. Any comment from GMs?

Yes, Sirken has mentioned it multiple times on his stream stating that it is in effect and was told so by Rogean. I'm guessing he won't post it here as the mere mention of it gets some of the classic nazis foaming at the mouth with rage.

Goseals6
07-28-2013, 04:26 PM
Yes, Sirken has mentioned it multiple times on his stream stating that it is in effect and was told so by Rogean. I'm guessing he won't post it here as the mere mention of it gets some of the classic nazis foaming at the mouth with rage.

Unless a GM comes on here and says, yes its 2x XP then it's not enabled imho. There's way too much hearsay

khanable
07-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Yea Sirken said something about 'small numbers being doubled are still small numbers' and that 2x XP won't be noticeable at higher levels..

it's still twice as much, you would definitely notice that..

Champion_Standing
07-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Unless a GM comes on here and says, yes its 2x XP then it's not enabled imho. There's way too much hearsay

when sirken starts streaming again ask him yourself, what do you need him to type up a letter and get it notarized?

Sarius
07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
I'd actually like it to be GM tested. If it is in fact working, is it actually 2x?

xarzzardorn
07-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Yea Sirken said something about 'small numbers being doubled are still small numbers' and that 2x XP won't be noticeable at higher levels..

it's still twice as much, you would definitely notice that..

this makes no sense to a mind boggling degree. after 1 hour of exp you can usually tell if its double or not

Kinlain
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
this makes no sense to a mind boggling degree. after 1 hour of exp you can usually tell if its double or not

Sounds like you have been played my friend.

Bantam 1
07-28-2013, 06:06 PM
Its not double currently... unless it doesn't stack with double ZEM or something buggy.

Cecily
07-28-2013, 06:13 PM
2x or not, placebo effect had me get 27% of 59 so far. More than I've made in 3 months.

Langrisser
07-28-2013, 06:23 PM
its on but you missed most of the weekend wondering whether it was or whether server was up... too bad! last night was awesome

Reguiy
07-28-2013, 06:23 PM
2x or not, placebo effect had me get 27% of 59 so far. More than I've made in 3 months.

Almost got my necro to 30! Mmmm! That sugar pill so tasty.

Sajan
07-28-2013, 06:44 PM
Speaking as someone who is currently leveling a low level char, I would generally get 1-1.4% exp per kill, solo, killing dark blues. Now I'm definitely getting 25-50% more than that per kill, jumping 2% per kill sometimes. Doesn't seem double, but def seems 50%ish~

:cheers:

Goseals6
07-28-2013, 07:47 PM
when sirken starts streaming again ask him yourself, what do you need him to type up a letter and get it notarized?

Nope. I'm sure as his official spokesman you'll be sure to let everyone know.

I'd rather have the word from the source instead of little fly's on the wall.

fastboy21
07-28-2013, 08:07 PM
sirken said in stream about 10 minutes ago that it is double. he said he won't retype the motd because its a pita to list the BOTB info again.

A1551
07-28-2013, 08:20 PM
So I did a quick empiric test to confirm this. A while back I empirically tested pet exp penaltys using a lvl 1 DE chanter and DUXAUI (which gives % of level per kill) and those results are posted at the bottom. From that experiment I know what I got for soloing a lvl 1 mob as a lvl 1 DE chanter in nektulos back in december. The number per kill solo (no pet) was 11%.

I logged in today, created another lvl 1 DE enchanter, and killed three level one mobs. I got 8% on first kill and 9% on the next two (due to duxa rounding to nearest percentage point). Conclusion -- no exp bonus, and unless I'm missing something really obvious it is actually an exp nerf. (Alternatively, something about the way exp is generated changed btw december and now, like a decreased ZEM for netkulos..seems unlikely but who knows)

Now It is 8pm EST sunday night as a write this, maybe the exp bonus was already gone..but if that were the case i'd expect to at least get 11% per kill.

Experiment complete :P

So 100% confirmed there is no experience penalty in groups. Thanks to options the necro for assistance, and Hyasinth for heroing my lvl 1 pet. We both made brand new level ones (enchanters cuz apparently lvl 1 mages dont get pets who knew!?)

We did a few kills with him (no pet) killing level one mobs grouped with me, with him doing 100% of damage -- 5 or 6% per kill (due to rounding on duxaui display). Then we had my chanter animation solo some stuff doing 100% damage -- I did zero damage by finding decaying skellies who would just attack me and let pet do rest. Also got either 5 or 6% exp per kill. That's pretty much it right there -- grouped exp penalties for pets do not exist, even if pet does 100% of the damage. I also tried a few times just doing one hit on mob and letting pet do rest for sake of thoroughness -- 5 or 6% per kill.

Finally, I degrouped and tried soloing just to confirm the solo penalty is 50%, as sometimes Ive been told things like "it's actually 75% not 50%." Being solo and letting pet do 100% of damage -- once again netted me either 5 or 6% per kill. This makes perfect sense, as instead of splitting the exp with Options lvl 1 I was splitting it with my pet. Next, I dumped my pet and soloed some level ones -- lo and behold exactly 11% per kill.

To summarize -- there is no pet exp penalty in groups in any way, shape or form, even if pet does 100% of the damage.

-Propo Fol

Raavak
07-28-2013, 08:23 PM
this makes no sense to a mind boggling degree. after 1 hour of exp you can usually tell if its double or not2x a big number is still double...

Sarius
07-28-2013, 08:24 PM
So I did a quick empiric test to confirm this. A while back I empirically tested pet exp penaltys using a lvl 1 DE chanter and DUXAUI (which gives % of level per kill) and those results are posted at the bottom. From that experiment I know what I got for soloing a lvl 1 mob as a lvl 1 DE chanter in nektulos back in december. The number per kill solo (no pet) was 11%.

I logged in today, created another lvl 1 DE enchanter, and killed three level one mobs. I got 8% on first kill and 9% on the next two (due to duxa rounding to nearest percentage point). Conclusion -- no exp bonus, and unless I'm missing something really obvious it is actually an exp nerf. (Alternatively, something about the way exp is generated changed btw december and now, like a decreased ZEM for netkulos..seems unlikely but who knows)

Now It is 8pm EST sunday night as a write this, maybe the exp bonus was already gone..but if that were the case i'd expect to at least get 11% per kill.

Sounds like Rogean is the best troll in forum history...

A1551
07-28-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm sure it's just an oversight, hopefully with a bit of evidence that there was no bonus over the weekend they'll take a look at it and hopefully fix the issue for future exp bonus periods,

Reubin
07-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Leveling my 33 Iksar Monk in Frontier Mountains around the giant fort:
Before the weekend: 1-2% xp per kill. Usually it alternates 1% on one kill and then 2% on the next.
During the weekend: exactly the same

IMO there must be a bug causing the bonus not to work if it is supposed to be on. If it was 2x xp i should be seeing 2%-3% on every kill. No big deal IMO so don't take it as complaining. I don't feel the playerbase was "owed" any xp bonus just because of necessary server maintenance. Just pointing out that something must be going on if an xp bonus was set on the server but no one seems to be getting it.

Masq
07-28-2013, 10:15 PM
theres no bonus

Goseals6
07-28-2013, 10:49 PM
Is, was, and forever shall be NO BONUS, but what the hell, you still grinded your ass off and got something done so hurray for the placebo effect. Just consider this a drill for if we do ever get an xp bonus for some odd reason. But as of right now we dont really deserve one =/

Deserve? No. But considering the bombardment of ddos the last few weeks any new player that would have tried out the otherwise playable client, might have moved on.

Double XP would just be a way of saying, hey thanks for sticking around while we sort this out.

Clark
07-29-2013, 01:13 AM
Oh 2x Exp just for TMO?

I KID I KID

lol

Visual
07-29-2013, 01:37 AM
must be something difficult with adjusting exp rate cause it's flubbed everytime

remember when hybrid penalties were bonuses :p

Tasslehofp99
07-29-2013, 03:04 AM
I don't think its DOUBLE exp, but I was told its 50% bonus.

xarzzardorn
07-29-2013, 07:30 AM
pretty sure its a 0% bonus

Cecily
07-29-2013, 08:16 AM
it seems a lil faster but then again, I am also in TMO so we may never know lol

Confirmed TMO got double exp bonus.

Gadwen
07-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Deserve? No. But considering the bombardment of ddos the last few weeks any new player that would have tried out the otherwise playable client, might have moved on.

Double XP would just be a way of saying, hey thanks for sticking around while we sort this out.

You want a thank you? You should be saying thanks to them for working so damn hard to keep this server up and running. I would have just shut the damn thing down by now if I had to deal with all the garbage that the staff has to put up with on a daily basis. Hardware fails, networks and vulnerabilities...we aren't dealing with a multimillion dollar corporation. The team here is amazingly dedicated to this project, and have provided free of charge the best MMO out today. They don't owe us jack shit.

Raavak
07-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Has to be a bonus. There's no way I did 2 yellow in 45 yesterday solo in like 8 hrs without it (on a cleric, at spectres). Btw, grats me on ding 46.

Goseals6
07-29-2013, 10:23 AM
You want a thank you? You should be saying thanks to them for working so damn hard to keep this server up and running. I would have just shut the damn thing down by now if I had to deal with all the garbage that the staff has to put up with on a daily basis. Hardware fails, networks and vulnerabilities...we aren't dealing with a multimillion dollar corporation. The team here is amazingly dedicated to this project, and have provided free of charge the best MMO out today. They don't owe us jack shit.

I already have said thanks by donating to keep it up and running. If the double or 50% xp never happened or did happened then no big deal either way. So stop attacking me and direct your frustration at the people responsible for the ddos.

Descent
07-29-2013, 10:31 AM

Whoa whoa, Mr suck up.....

While I agree that we shouldnt feel obligated for double exp, since we are not really paying for the game, but also keep in mind p99 wouldnt be as good as it is now without its player base. P99 without players is worthless.

With all the DDoSing going on, new players, and old players are frustrated, and keen to quit. If we had some kind of double exp as a incentive atleast for a couple of days. It will boost morale of the server, as well as retain current players. Hell it might even bring in new players.

Gadwen
07-29-2013, 10:52 AM
Whoa whoa, Mr suck up.....

While I agree that we shouldnt feel obligated for double exp, since we are not really paying for the game, but also keep in mind p99 wouldnt be as good as it is now without its player base. P99 without players is worthless.

With all the DDoSing going on, new players, and old players are frustrated, and keen to quit. If we had some kind of double exp as a incentive atleast for a couple of days. It will boost morale of the server, as well as retain current players. Hell it might even bring in new players.

Sirken has confirmed at least a half dozen times on his stream for 100+ viewers that there is a bonus in effect. Rogean broadcasted it in front of hundreds of players when the server came up that there was a bonus in effect.

TBH, i could care less about what the staff thinks about me. Just calling it like I see it. Thread full ungrateful whiners.

Gadwen
07-29-2013, 10:59 AM
I would be willing, for the good of the server, to test this with a druid. Come pick up my Ogre Warrior, Dizzasta, in EC Tunnel. We can pl to 50 and see how long it takes. FOR THE GOOD OF THE SERVER

You are a hero.

phantomz
07-29-2013, 11:04 AM
im sure if it was double exp they would of said something.

khanable
07-29-2013, 11:08 AM
im sure if it was double exp they would of said something.

They did

phantomz
07-29-2013, 11:21 AM
Then why is there a 6 page forum about this? Dumb

Wotsirb401
07-29-2013, 11:25 AM
It did seem faster this morning in CoM, i was getting 1% per kill at 45 , usually it takes a few kills

Descent
07-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Then why is there a 6 page forum about this? Dumb

I think someone is trolling us hard.

lecompte
07-29-2013, 11:34 AM
it seems a lil faster but then again, I am also in TMO so we may never know lol

Heh, way to poke fun.

skipdog
07-29-2013, 11:43 AM
The bonus was certainly in place.

Kind of sad how many people went out of their way to declare it wasn't in effect though.

Tasslehofp99
07-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Yeah seriously this is the dumbest thread. When the fuckin server came back up there was a broadcast by a GM that bonus exp would be enabled. fucking /thread already

Bantam 1
07-29-2013, 01:50 PM
The placebo effect helped, but the downtime due to ddos made me stop.

Bantam 1
07-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Yeah seriously this is the dumbest thread. When the fuckin server came back up there was a broadcast by a GM that bonus exp would be enabled. fucking /thread already

It didn't seem like double and no one could confirm or deny. There was a broadcast, but we don't know if it was working....

Gaffin Deeppockets
07-29-2013, 01:57 PM
It is not double thats for sure. Maybe 25%

Widan
07-29-2013, 03:14 PM
It didn't seem like double and no one could confirm or deny. There was a broadcast, but we don't know if it was working....

Been confirmed no exp bonus right in this very thread.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1049270&postcount=26

Sckrilla
07-29-2013, 03:24 PM
nilbog BROADCASTS, 'There was a possible issue with the exp bonus. Confirmed working as of NOW.'

GG all you placebo freaks! ;)

nilbog
07-29-2013, 03:24 PM
There was a possible issue with the exp bonus.

Confirmed working as of now.

xarzzardorn
07-29-2013, 03:26 PM
thanks nilberg

August
07-29-2013, 03:26 PM

Do we know for how long? I'm at work right now :(

Lyra
07-29-2013, 03:31 PM
Do we know for how long? I'm at work right now :(

I'm suddenly feeling feverish... oh and now a cough.

Turp_SmokinPurp
07-29-2013, 03:55 PM
nice

khanable
07-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Nilbog for king of Ak'anon 2014

Raavak
07-29-2013, 04:54 PM
"possible" issue? Was it too low cuz I swear there was some.

Visual
07-29-2013, 05:02 PM

lookin rather foolish right about now. maybe if you started thinkin for you own, you'd have a totally different outlook on things :)

Goseals6
07-29-2013, 06:49 PM

This is awesome! Thanks Nilbog. What is the duration of the bonus??

Agatha
07-29-2013, 07:05 PM
This isn't classic :(