PDA

View Full Version : Invisible boundaries: share your most hated

frefaln
07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Ah, those invisible boundaries which prevent us from reaching an area for no apparent rhyme or reason. Most of us have run into 'em, some probably shrug it off but personally I hate 'em. I'll list a few off the top of my head, feel free to add yours:

* Big tree just north of Guk entrance in Innothule. I slam into this spot every time, trying to hug the zone wall as I leave Guk and head north. Hate it.

* Ocean of Tears: can only zone by boat. Why? Why can't someone swim or levitate through the zoneline to EFP or BB? Such an arbitrary limitation.

* North Karana: I can't just SWIM over the river to South Karana? I have to take the bridge? It's what, 60 feet wide? Grrrrr....

Reiker
07-10-2010, 07:41 PM
The valley in Oasis near orc highway that you can see leads into the distance, but can't actually walk into.

BeelzeBob
07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
Between the Karanas, why do I have to run to the bridge with a swimming skill of 200?

Reiker
07-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Actually my most hated/wtf is not being able to jump/levi off the top of the castle in Plane of Fire.

Kyosho
07-11-2010, 12:28 AM
Steamfont mountains. Not being able to climb up and over the mountains when going from, say, the Lesser Faydark zone over to the minotaur caves. They're not very tall mountains, and it's easy to climb to the top, you just can't go over them. Instead you must go around in what amounts to a large silly maze. Zones like Butcherblock have similar mountains, but they seem taller and don't seem as ridiculous to have to go around.

astarothel
07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
* Ocean of Tears: can only zone by boat. Why? Why can't someone swim or levitate through the zoneline to EFP or BB? Such an arbitrary limitation.

Actually, somehow in p99 you can by swimming.
I was messing around swimming in efp and zoned to oot and back :confused:

Ellia
07-11-2010, 12:54 AM
my next level, eventhrough I do my best to work around it, I alway in the end have to do it the EQ way.

toddfx
07-11-2010, 09:36 PM
One minor thing that has made me angry are the invisible cone shapes that lead into some zone lines. For example, once you zone into Kithicor from WC, it looks like you'd be able to turn right and sneak through the gap between a tree and the zone wall, but an invisible wall forces you to go AROUND the tree, closer to the undead baddies.

There is also one like this in Nektolus at the entrance to the Lava zone that forces you to go around a large rock, bringing you very close to a DE guard.

Mournblade
07-11-2010, 10:01 PM
My addition - Lake Rathe zone to South Karana. Plenty of room to sneak around the gnoll shaman, but there's this damned invisible barrier that keeps forcing you closer and closer to the mobs.

jyaku
07-11-2010, 11:04 PM
i know it's not active here yet but lake of ill omen, coming in from fiorna vie. on the both side of the river there are plateaus that is completely open but you can't walk on it. it would shave a few seconds off any travel time but i never understood why you can't walk over them

RKromwell
07-11-2010, 11:08 PM
My addition - Lake Rathe zone to South Karana. Plenty of room to sneak around the gnoll shaman, but there's this damned invisible barrier that keeps forcing you closer and closer to the mobs.

If coming from South K, there is a wall on the left side that you can climb up. The tent area that looks over where the undead Gnolls spawn is safe from them.

Theldios
07-12-2010, 01:57 PM
The invisible boundry that I hate the most is the oen where i see a nice rack and can not reach out and give it a squeeze w/o getting the shit slapped out of me.
other than that the one in kithkor that forces you to go around the low side of the trees on the wall instead of the plenty of room high side