PDA

View Full Version : EQEmulator keeps going up and down

Korpskugga
07-29-2013, 04:56 AM
keep geting kicked out and can't logon again untill a few mins later and then another kick...

quido
07-29-2013, 04:59 AM
that's very interesting

gotrocks
07-29-2013, 05:10 AM
Normally this kind of question needs to be posted in the TECH DISCUSSION board, but only after you've read through the FAQ linked in my sig and tried everything there, and also followed the instructions on how to post in the tech discussion board.

However, this is a special case and I'm feeling really nice so I'll give you a freebie.

The server has been experiencing a wave of DDoS attacks, essentially someone is maliciously bringing down the server for their own goals (we aren't quite sure what those are yet)

This issue may continue for quite some time. Unfortunately we just have to live with it until something can be done. The person running this box (who is doing so for free, by the way) is very busy this week and these things take time to fix, if they are fixable at all. The best thing you can do right now to help out is be patient and realize that you're playing for free on a very high quality box, and that the very dedicated admins are also working and putting their time in to help yourself and everyone else out for free.

Not trying to bash you at all, btw, as you genuinely didn't know any of this. But now you do :)

Again, in the future, please post these kinds of questions in tech discussion. I rarely even check server chat and would not have been able to answer your question under normal circumstances. Good luck!