PDA

View Full Version : Project99 Demographics - Poll #2(really!)

timhutton
07-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Have you ever wondered who the person behind that other character actually is? Ever wondered what kind of people frequent these forums/play on the server? Me too, so let's find out!

This is part 2 in a series of posts to help determine just what the P99 demographics look like. I think we may end up slightly surprised. I will attempt to do a couple of these at a time, so as not to spam up the forum (mods let me know if you want this in Off-topic or somewhere else).

myriverse
07-31-2013, 07:32 AM
My playstyle is a bit funky, consisting of randomly spaced 30-45 minute periods, 0-4 times per day.

Kraftwerk
07-31-2013, 07:38 AM
I thought this was going to be an A/S/L poll. Those are the only demographics I'm interested in.

14/m/ca

fastboy21
07-31-2013, 07:51 AM
I thought this was going to be an A/S/L poll. Those are the only demographics I'm interested in.

14/m/ca

Very nice. How much?

timhutton
07-31-2013, 10:08 AM

14/m/ca

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=116800

zanderklocke
07-31-2013, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure I understand the difference between hardcore and casual.

I spend most of my time running in circles in the tunnel when I do convince myself to log in; I suppose I'm casual?

timhutton
07-31-2013, 02:48 PM

I spend most of my time running in circles in the tunnel when I do convince myself to log in; I suppose I'm casual?

Hopefully this post helps to clarify the intended distinction, and why the times are the same for both: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1054996#post1054996

I didn't feel like hours played was a fair indication of whether or not one was hardcore or casual. I think it has more to do with a playstyle, and an approach to the game. I think that the community generally has a pretty set idea of the differences between the 2 types of gamers. If you disagree with that and raid 70 hours a week, wake up to early morning batphones yet still feel you are a casual player, feel free to vote accordingly.

Ultimately it's your decision to make, I just want to know which you think you are!

Edit: If you're asking for other player's input, my personal opinion would be that logging into EC and running around the tunnel for a few hours constitues as casual! :D

Kelven
07-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Hardcore usually doesn't translate to <15hours per week, imo.

Lyra
07-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Hardcore usually doesn't translate to <15hours per week, imo.

It can. I know some people that log on when the bat phone rings, and log off after. It takes 10 min max to kill the mob and another 15 minutes to move to next spawn point.

Champion_Standing
07-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Is it possible to play hardcore 1 hour a week?

kaev
07-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Is it possible to play hardcore 1 hour a week?

Well, you couldn't actually play if you were hardcore and had only 1 hour per week. Your meter would run out before you'd finished telling everybody what a badass you are and how you're going to pwn everything. On the plus side, you'd never have to look for a rez.

Sadre Spinegnawer
07-31-2013, 06:33 PM

on a freakin server that emulates a 14 year old game, I think one really needs to add a third category - "got a few screws loose."

Cuz really, on p99, I am not hardcore, but I am way beyond casual. I have no idea what the fuck is going on.