PDA

View Full Version : Hero Bracers quest =)

KelticKope
07-31-2013, 10:45 PM
I recently was able to loot Mino Hero Shackles off a rotting Mino Hero corpse. Does anyone have confirmation, that you can just turn these in for the bracers, without doing the first section of the quest? Or what the mandatory faction levels might be? Appreciate the community and hope to hear some good news soon. Thanks everyone!

KelticKope
07-31-2013, 10:48 PM
I hope this was the proper place to post this

Barkingturtle
07-31-2013, 11:02 PM
I've turned in the shackles without doing any faction work on purpose but can't say for certain I didn't raise it on accident and I don't recall what the NPC conned. You can definitely skip the first part of the quest, though.

Grats!

mreynert
07-31-2013, 11:03 PM
You can, I've done it a billion times. Don't know about faction threshold, think indiff is high enough, maybe even apprehensive.

KelticKope
07-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Also the reason I ask is because the EQ1999 Wiki (which Im more inclined to follow) says you do not have to do the first part. Which I'm a little unsure of, did they just mean the first step, or any of the steps leading up to the shackle turn in.

And then Allakhazam, which I guess is a less relevant source, states the first part is mandatory.

So again, any info, personal experience would be much appreciated.

KelticKope
07-31-2013, 11:06 PM
Wow thank you both for your replies, didn't see them until after that last post!

kaev
08-01-2013, 02:16 AM
The first part wasn't mandatory on live either. To verify you have enough faction (doesn't take much), just check the quest walkthrough in the wiki, see what you have to ask the guy, something like "what second gladiator" or whatever (text is correct in the wiki). If he gives you the right answer, go ahead and turn it in.

Ennewi
08-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Cons apprehensively to my SK, turn-in works every time.

NegaStoat
08-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Strange. The Mino hero is like, always spawned. And he's non aggro. In fact, the minos in general don't aggro like I remember from the past.

Am I just delusional or does this seem off to anyone else? I could have sworn that the Hero would only spawn as a rare event when another named mino on a 20 min spawn cycle was killed in the cave. The way it is now, the bracer is up for grabs like candy, over and over.

kaev
08-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Hero is spawned a lot by lowbies who are not properly punished for their ignorance of the trigger mob. Dunno if Hero changed at some date, but at least early on live he was definitely agro. On live pre-Kunark & pre-DoT nerf he caused a lot of deaths when idiot druids would try to kite him the way they tried to kite every other red-con mob they could land a DoT on. Half-dead Mino Hero had no trouble munching a group or three of L8s after the druid zoned when oom.

Erati
08-01-2013, 04:17 PM
you spawn Hero by killing minos in the cave...

newbs kill slavers n hero pops so they leave him up and he is KOS

he has 3 places he pops, n roams sometimes he walks right tru the cave

not sure how this worked on live

KelticKope
08-01-2013, 05:48 PM
I was killing minos when he spawned. So hes not always up.

Thanks for everyones input. Now i just have to wait for Grahan to show his ugly face. Im in qeynos arena but i cant seem to find him, even on track, I checked the building and i ran through a plain tunnel to through the left gate in the arena. Does anyone know if this guy wanders? Maybe hes a target for a quest, or just a malicious player?

Erati
08-01-2013, 06:00 PM
hes in thr bottom of the arena in north or south qeynos

KelticKope
08-01-2013, 06:05 PM
I take it you get down there by heading through the gate to the left of the pvp section of the arena?