PDA

View Full Version : Iksar RP Guild Brainstorming

ukaking
08-02-2013, 09:41 AM
This thread is a clean spinoff of the previous thread about reforming the guild. Folks with alts that may be interested or even mains who want to try something a little different and a bit more difficult, please chime in with ideas. Ill get it started with the basics...
These are all up for debate.
-All iksar characters (Enchanters, Rogues and Bards in only Iksar form)
-Speaking in Lizardman for the majority of the time
-Lore based hunting parties (Harbinger Hit Squads as we called them)
-Events and raids based on a purpose more so than the loot splits.
-Abide by the play nice rules, act as adults

Rhambuk
08-02-2013, 09:50 AM
Is this a red guild? Reading through the other post i got the impression that it was.

ukaking
08-02-2013, 10:06 AM
No red was just not enough players, its blue

Rhambuk
08-02-2013, 10:12 AM
I like the sounds of it a lot, nice change from the everyday grind.

Will think of anything to add to the list

Zadon
08-02-2013, 10:20 AM
I played on Firiona Vie where there was an Iksar RP guild named Skathris Ven'Sho. Thought you might find some inspiration here:

http://cabiliscom.yuku.com/

http://www.angelfire.com/sk3/skathris/about_us.html

They were awesome.

Zadon

Sarkhan
08-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Zadon, are you familiar with Dalharen d'Phlith or Qu'Ellar Kultar guild from FV?

ukaking
08-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Recruiting today has be MUCH better than expected!

Pan
08-02-2013, 02:06 PM
These are good people. I was in HoT on my first 'toon on the server and Nayssa pointed me in the direction of BDA thereafter (when HoT was in a long lull).

Good people, good company, and fun to be with. You'll enjoy time spent with them if my experience is any indication.

SamwiseRed
08-02-2013, 02:25 PM
should be on red imo

ukaking
08-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Rule of Rile is on Red, they are in good hands and even then are having trouble getting players for their guild. No thanks.

Hamahakki
08-02-2013, 04:17 PM
- Everyone binds in Cabilis
- Most leveling is done vs the enemies of the Iksar in Kunark. Field of Bone, Lake of Ill Omen, Warsliks Woods, etc.
- Do all the Kunark dungeons as a guild, even the seldom-traveled ones like Kaesora, Dalnir, Nurga, etc.
- Any travel to the old world is allowed only through the firepots.
- Everyone wears a Helm of Rile (AKA Helm of Style) at all times, including the monks and necros. If you get caught without your helm you owe the guild bank 100pp.

- Non-iksar characters can join the guild if they worship Cazic-Thule, speak Lizardman, are non-KoS in Cabilis, and bind in Cabilis. This opens the guild to Clerics and Bards, and I think maybe some other classes?

Ozz
08-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Heya Sslip...been looking for a reason to come back. Being in HoT again might get me back playing :) Will look for ya in game.

Ozznusyen

ukaking
08-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Great Ozz!!

Hama, Id like to get a council together in game some time and hammer out details of what we expect. It cant be too strict as it is hard enough to get people to play in an iksar only guild.

Zadon
08-03-2013, 03:17 AM
Zadon, are you familiar with Dalharen d'Phlith or Qu'Ellar Kultar guild from FV?

I remember some hardcore RPer(s) with the d'Philth name. Dark Elves if I recall. I believe they interacted with my guild Ebon Storm / Infernal Dynasty at some point. The other does not sound familiar.

Zadon

Nads
08-03-2013, 03:43 AM
This is a neat idea. Has there been any other "x race only" guilds throughout the history of EQ?

If I were to ever come across and all Troll Guild I'm pretty sure I would cry in absolute bliss.

ukaking
08-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Ive seen all Dwarf guild (Hammer of Brell) on Rallos Zek and I know there has been an All ogre/troll guild before.

ukaking
08-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Also seen all Dark Elf guild named Teir'Dal Templar

Zadon
08-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Ebon Storm / Infernal Dynasty (name change due to internal power struggle and split) was an evil-only, RP-oriented guild. All races with evil deities were allowed. This created a fun RP environment while keeping us capable of raiding. We did decent raid content but without druids, rangers, and paladins due to race restrictions. I had great times in that guild.

Zadon

ukaking
08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
We have all raided. This is about FUN. Doing things you will remember for years to come.

CHusk2
08-04-2013, 03:18 AM
Awesome.

I had an iksar warrior in HoT when Kunark first came out. Some of the most fun I've had, the guild is super friendly and RPs excellently.

Mattius
08-04-2013, 03:25 AM
Awesome.

I had an iksar warrior in HoT when Kunark first came out. Some of the most fun I've had, the guild is super friendly and RPs excellently.

Plan to be rolling Iksars on Blue?

ukaking
08-04-2013, 09:32 AM
Awesome.

Who were you??

CHusk2
08-05-2013, 01:34 AM
My name was Ifrit. I was finishing up college & didn't have a lot of time to play, but I loved the guild. Now I'm teaching English in Thailand & my internet is.... to put it kindly, sub-par. So I can't play EQ here unless I can find some better internet. But, if I can, I'd be 100% on board with getting back on the Iksar train with you guys.

ukaking
08-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Thanks brother! We look forward to having you once again!

CHusk2
08-06-2013, 06:14 AM
Just got the itch to jump on, so I headed to a local internet cafe'. Far from optimal, but I'm going to jump on & see how Norrath's doing.