PDA

View Full Version : Timed Attack Challenge

Splorf22
08-02-2013, 01:37 PM
So Nietche gave me an idea today when he talked about his 40 minute HS west clears: why not have a race to see who can clear areas of a dungeon the fastest? I think it could be super fun, and unlike the solo artist challenge its not limited to a few classes. Everyone can play! These are just some preliminary rules; I got a lot of feedback on the Solo Artist thread and I'm sure people will have good suggestions here.

Rules
Each challenge will involve a section of a zone that must be cleared of all monsters (repops do not count, but you must make sure that all of the mobs are in fact up before you start); the timer starts upon engaging the first monster and ends with the death of the last. A submission is a list of players and two log lines with the first engage message and the last death message, and preferably some screenshots and witty commentary.

Players may attack any challenge with any number of players (do you think it would be fun to see if 24 players can clear HS North in 3 minutes? I do). The ONLY outside assistance allowed is a rogue to open the locked doors; anything else counts toward your total (including previous buffs). All items are OK. The top five times will be enshrined in this thread, with the following caveats: no player may be a part of more than one time, and no unique class composition may be present more than twice - let's see some variety!

Basically I'm thinking something like this :

Clear Howling Stones West Wing [all mobs from the locked door inwards]

Soloists
60:15 Loraen (enc)

Duos
40:12 Loraen (enc), Nordenwatch (nec)

Trios
19:02 Loraen (enc), Nordenwatch (nec), Coeur (clr)

Quartets
16:44 Loraen (enc), Nordenwatch (nec), Coeur (clr), Svenn (shm),

One group
10:11 Loraen (enc), Nordenwatch (nec), Coeur (clr), Svenn (shm), Mauricewhite (enc), Tecmos (enc)

Two groups
8:22 The A-Team

Three Groups
6:38 Taken + Rapture Alliance

Six groups
104:22 Bregan D'Aerth (sorry BDA, I had to :D)

The Challenges

Take High Scale Kirn's Head [fight down from the main entrance (no parachutes)]

Clear Howling Stones North Wing [all mobs from the locked door inwards]

Clear Howling Stones West Wing [all mobs from the locked door inwards]

Clear Howling Stones South Wing [all mobs from the locked door inwards]

Clear Howling Stones East Wing [all mobs from the locked door inwards]

Clear the Sebilis Disco [all mobs from the bridge on down]

Clear the Sebilis Chef/Bar [all mobs from the bridge on down]

Clear the Sebilis Crypt [all mobs after the locked door]

Take Tolapumj's Head [fight down to Tolapumj from the jail]

Take Korocust's Head [fight down to Korocust]

Clear Lower Chardok [everything starting at the castle area]

Clear the Plane of Fear [all mobs in the zone]

Clear the Plane of Hate [all static mobs]

Clear the Plane of Sky [all boss mobs]

Handull
08-02-2013, 02:07 PM
I like where this is going. For stuff like "fight down to mobX", it seems obvious that fighting down means don't use invis, but is that the only rule? getting to tola do you just have to get past the fungus men, or do you have to kill them all? fighting to korocust do you have to take a certain route, or are you free to pick your way down and leave the other tunnels up? fighting to kurn can you jump down the waterfall? etc

Wotsirb401
08-02-2013, 02:20 PM
I think the term " fighting" is self explanitory. Obviously if we wanted to do get the quickest time we would just coth to trak ledge and pull Tola and get a time in under 5 minutes . I think he means start at the water in the jail, clear all of the frogs then clear the king area, clear the shrooms, juggs then past invis wall and to tola prot . BTW this sounds fun

Splorf22
08-02-2013, 03:49 PM
What I meant by 'fighting' is that you don't have to clear everything (who wants to try and figure out whether they've cleared every individual mushroom) but you can't pull the serious tricks like coh, training stuff away, invis/double invis, etc. And if by the waterfall you mean the jump into Yael's lair, that's what I meant by no parachutes.

I was also thinking we could do a guild version: just count up the number of times each guild appears in the 1-n group categories. It's a much better measure of skill than poopsocking for raid mobs imo.

Erati
08-02-2013, 04:03 PM
pretty much have to fraps these for submissions if u want to make this an official challenge

plus i wanna watch :)

Handull
08-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Obviously you have to fight down Hitzme, thats why I said no invis. but areas like the shrooms could be fun because you can try to dance around the pathers or just fight them as you come to them and push down, etc. what lor said is what i had in mind, but i wanted to know if we were on the same page

for the hole I don't mean just jumping in from the city above, but as you fight down there is a lake with a dock and then a waterfall to yael. anyone can jump down from there and land in water (and survive) without any tricks, DA idols, etc, as opposed to jumping in from the city where you generally die, but can survive if you come prepared.

i hesitate to say this, but obviously (?) aoe-ing the areas probably won't count... but that could be a separate challenge... haha

timhutton
08-03-2013, 12:04 PM
Clear the Plane of Fear: TMO AE Crew all mobs down in about ~20 mins including golems

(best PL in the biz)

Pretty sure IB/TR have the record for both PoF and PoH.

Erati
08-03-2013, 06:37 PM
fraps or it didnt happen :p