PDA

View Full Version : New to eq

Senju
08-02-2013, 09:47 PM
hi I made a iksar monk and I'm not sure what I should be killing around level 3? I get killed a lot and not sure what to fight other than dogs outside my city. any tips would be great.

Masq
08-02-2013, 09:55 PM
press "c" when you have a monster/npc targetted.

It will "consider" it, and tell you your odds of killing it.
Typically blue/white are OK as long as you're fairly high HP.

Langrisser
08-02-2013, 10:00 PM
remember to put at least ONE point at the trainer into skills you want to raise that are at 0 and usable. they wont raise unless you do. remember to visit your trainer often at low levels, it tapers off quickly but you will need those skills.

try to look up quests to do at low levels as well, iksar monks get some good newbie quests that you may enjoy!

webrunner5
08-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Skelly's work also. With no good gear you will die a hundred times. Well more than that lol. You will die a hundred times at level 60. Well a lot more times than that also. This is EQ on Hard Mode. When you get FD at level 17 it will help a lot as a Monk. It is a LONG HARD road on here. But that is why it is so good. Hang in there. And welcome aboard. :)

Senju
08-03-2013, 12:06 AM
how do I upgrade my weapon

mreynert
08-03-2013, 12:08 AM
As a monk your fists will upgrade themselves automatically every 5 levels. In regards to actual weapon upgrades, well you upgrade those by finding a better weapon as a drop or buying one/questing one.

Senju
08-03-2013, 12:13 AM
should i use club or my fists

LordSterben
08-03-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm usually around Cabilis. If you send a tell to Joccun I'll buff you and help you out.

In the mwantime , go to the project 1999 wiki and read the class information on monks. It will answer a lot of questions.