PDA

View Full Version : Makeleader not classic

pallius
08-03-2013, 01:22 AM
So................................................ ......

Hate to say it, but yeah.

Certainly complicates raid dynamics. But its true.

Thulack
08-03-2013, 01:24 AM
pretty sure this has been brought up in the Bug section already. could probably search for it.

Langrisser
08-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Keep up the good detective work for those gamebreaking nonclassic changes that dont matter.

How about roaming mobs never mem wiping and duck not killing cast bar :P

Ciroco
08-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Does anyone really care about these things? Were people begging for track to be nerfed? I just don't get it.

Kimmie
08-03-2013, 01:36 AM
Does anyone really care about these things?

Boilon
08-03-2013, 01:37 AM
Does anyone really care about these things? Were people begging for track to be nerfed? I just don't get it.

people cared enough to bring up the compass.... don't doubt the nerds of P99.

t0lkien
08-03-2013, 01:40 AM
It's not nerdy to want the classic experience on a classic server. It's is however kind of weird to play on a classic server and want things that make it easier, and not classic...

Kimmie
08-03-2013, 01:46 AM
It's not nerdy to want the classic experience on a classic server. It's is however kind of weird to play on a classic server and want things that make it easier, and not classic...

There's significantly easier (e.g. compass, though I miss it), and then there's just null and void changes which essentially do not affect anything (e.g. /makeleader).

long hair, don't care

Tasslehofp99
08-03-2013, 01:46 AM
Imo ventrilo/voice chat is non classic too!
Shit ruins my immersion.

sulpher01
08-03-2013, 01:50 AM
There's significantly easier (e.g. compass, though I miss it), and then there's just null and void changes which essentially do not affect anything (e.g. /makeleader).

long hair, don't care

Basically this, classics great, but some things just don't matter... like this one, op is just trolling (as seen by the general post, not bugs post) :D

Kimmie
08-03-2013, 01:52 AM
Basically this, classics great, but some things just don't matter... like this one, op is just trolling (as seen by the general post, not bugs post) :D

We can only hope.

And pray.

And wish.

Regardless, you are good man for giving OP an out.

Peekae
08-03-2013, 01:55 AM
voip is classic enough

Roger wilco man

pallius
08-03-2013, 02:16 AM
It doesn't bother me. I just happened to do makeleader transfers and shit for some cohs and was thinking "oh, so much easier than it used to be"

Laugher
08-03-2013, 02:42 AM
NOT CLASSIC?!

enr4ged
08-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Put in a bug report on the bug forums with your proof if this is the case.

Swish
08-03-2013, 06:02 AM
I use /makeleader 24/7, yolo swag...

http://i.imgur.com/cIJoCtl.gif

t0lkien
08-03-2013, 06:07 AM
The proof is here - /makeleader introduced in a 2002 patch:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/history/patches-2002-2.html

runlvlzero
08-03-2013, 06:40 AM
Batphones not classic

So is guixml errors on drop transfer, not classic, conspiracy? (Btw it never happens unless you do a drop transfer)

t0lkien
08-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Batphones not classic

You're kidding, right? Batphone is not only classic, it's the very definition of it.

Bugs aside, I don't care about /makeleader and the ilk personally, but if you're going to go classic you can't start making exceptions or it's a slippery slide and you may as well give it up altogether. There's a reason p99 is the most popular server, and this is it.

anotherone
08-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Shit ruins my immersion.

Barkingturtle
08-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Does anyone really care about these things? .

Nilbog cares.

myriverse
08-03-2013, 08:19 AM
people cared enough to bring up the compass.... don't doubt the nerds of P99.
Compass had it coming. It was all up in your face.

You're kidding, right? Batphone is not only classic, it's the very definition of it.
Indeed. Batphones are ancient. It's just that their technology has improved a bit. I remember one of the deciding factors of my choice of job back in 2000 was that it was within walking distance of my house (2 miles), so I could drive home really quick for EQ when I got the call.

Besides, that's something outside of the game, and beyond the Devs.

I'm sure some people were using Roger Wilco before GameSpy bought it, but I didn't know any.

Tasslehofp99
08-03-2013, 09:03 AM
When is someone going to find proof that training wasn't allowed in Veeshan's Peak?

"No CSR" did not mean training was allowed, just meant if your corpse wasn't recoverable GM's weren't going to assist you.

Has this been spoken about before on the forums?

Cecily
08-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Yeah I'd rather have VP be regarded as a real zone with like.. rules than focus on this trivial stuff.

zanderklocke
08-03-2013, 10:27 AM

How is this possible? Variance didn't exist.

Rhuma7
08-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Well, if /makeleader is "nerfed" to classicness before ranged weapons are "buffed" to actually have a delay before hit. Fuck you.

t0lkien
08-03-2013, 10:46 AM
How is this possible? Variance didn't exist.

Server crashes were longed for, and farmed immediately no matter what time the server came back up. You better believe the top guilds had a batphone chain.

Loud
08-03-2013, 11:15 AM

Bugs aside, I don't care about /makeleader and the ilk personally, but if you're going to go classic you can't start making exceptions or it's a slippery slide and you may as well give it up altogether. There's a reason p99 is the most popular server, and this is it.

LordSterben
08-03-2013, 11:17 AM
I agree. /makeleader kills the realism of the game. In real life you can't just tell someone to take charge of a team of people. They have to walk away and cease to be a cohesive group so that the new leader can bring them back together one by one.

....wait...??

YendorLootmonkey
08-03-2013, 11:27 AM

There's a meta-game "NerfQuest", much like ForumQuest, being played here where people feast on everyone's tears when they can find something like /makeleader to nerf "to classic" when we have some incorrect interpretation of classic "no CSR" zones being perverted into "trains are okay" that isn't classic and are game-ruining for everyone but one guild.

Gadwen
08-03-2013, 12:29 PM
When is someone going to find proof that training wasn't allowed in Veeshan's Peak?

"No CSR" did not mean training was allowed, just meant if your corpse wasn't recoverable GM's weren't going to assist you.

Has this been spoken about before on the forums?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97723

"GM Rule book from Kunark/ Velious - Limited CS Zones"

Thulack
08-03-2013, 12:31 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=88318

Randy
08-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Shit ruins my immersion.

+1

Rhuma7
08-03-2013, 12:38 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97723

"GM Rule book from Kunark/ Velious - Limited CS Zones"

lim·it·ed
/ˈlimitid/
Adjective

Restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short: "a limited number of places are available".

no
/nō/
Adverb
Not at all; to no extent: "they were no more able to perform the task than I was".

Treefall
08-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Shit ruins my immersion.

I don't know about you...but I used Roger Wilco back in the day...

Gadwen
08-03-2013, 12:47 PM
lim·it·ed
/ˈlimitid/
Adjective

Restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short: "a limited number of places are available".

no
/nō/
Adverb
Not at all; to no extent: "they were no more able to perform the task than I was".

There weren't any "no CSR" zones on live

Rhuma7
08-03-2013, 01:07 PM
There weren't any "no CSR" zones on live

That was my point, to an extent. P99 has adapted a NO CSR stance towards VP and this will be a real mother fucker in velious. Flurry drakes will destroy any raid.

I also don't understand the stance in general. They say they dont want to baby sit the top guilds, well, dont be a bunch of jealous assholes and train other guilds that beat you to an ecounter or were next in line after your wipe.

If you train a guild, you(the person who did it, not the guild) get suspended, do it again and get banned. I just don't see how big of a hassle it is when its pretty cut n dry. If any zone needed actual GM attention for training, logically I would think it would be end game raids and not training orcs in crushbone. The reality is, its completely ass backwards.

Tasslehofp99
08-03-2013, 01:25 PM
There's a meta-game "NerfQuest", much like ForumQuest, being played here where people feast on everyone's tears when they can find something like /makeleader to nerf "to classic" when we have some incorrect interpretation of classic "no CSR" zones being perverted into "trains are okay" that isn't classic and are game-ruining for everyone but one guild.

Yes!

xarzzardorn
08-03-2013, 01:28 PM
young lawyering for "no csr" changes isnt going to work because the staff have decide to have it that way for reasons other than "most classic". the policy for velious probably hasn't been finalized

sulpher01
08-03-2013, 01:42 PM

<3