PDA

View Full Version : An off the subject reading on VP

Laugher
08-04-2013, 01:37 AM
So I was researching this whole train thing with VP for the other post (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117238) when I came across an interesting read on strategy wiki and was just curious as to if this is the case with 99 VP (I've never done unvamped VP before and this sounds pretty intense) (source: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/EverQuest/Zones#Kunark)

Veeshan's Peak (55-60)
When The Ruins of Kunark was released, Veeshan's Peak was the hardest zone of the game. It is the fortress of the Ring of Scale faction of dragons and is inhabited by six dragons: Druushk, Hoshkar, Nexona, Phara Dar, Silverwing and Xygoz. To access the zone, you need to do a long and difficult quest to obtain a key. Players are then able to pass through the portal located in Skyfire Mountains. Once inside, players have to keep moving constantly as it full of Racnar and Lava Drake which are quickly replaced (2 minute respawn timer) once killed. When the zone was new, teleportation was not possible inside the zone, the players had to clear the zone to the end to get out of it. This restriction was lifted several years later, and players can now exit the zone by any of the usual methods. The zone has since been revamped and a new, though no less difficult, quest has been added for obtaining the key.

edit: emphasized what I really was wondering about hehe

Tasslehofp99
08-04-2013, 01:43 AM
That's how its like on here cept you can use harmony and invis to get out without killing anything as long as no one trains you.

Handull
08-04-2013, 12:53 PM
All of the zone outs are guarded by dragons, and two other dragons patrol the path to getting near the zone outs. Also three of the four zone outs are behind locked doors, so your options are limited. Druids and Rangers can dance around the zone with harmony and invis, and FD classes can flop around.

Ele
08-04-2013, 01:28 PM
Plus one person can train everything to one part of the zone and maintain aggro on it while everyone else follows the train and zones out in another part.

Proximity aggro needs to be fixed.