PDA

View Full Version : Mage focus items for Shaman

titofuentes
08-05-2013, 12:45 PM
I was reading up on shaman pets for when I get there and heard that mage focus items are usable from inventory. Is this true? Would be nice since shaman pets are so mana hungry. If they are, how would a shaman get a hold of one? They're no drop right?

Any help or advice is welcome. Thanks

radditsu
08-05-2013, 12:45 PM
They work fine

Shovel of Ponz FTW

titofuentes
08-05-2013, 12:54 PM
Can any class turn in the items then?

radditsu
08-05-2013, 12:55 PM
have the correct faction and yeah

titofuentes
08-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Guess its shadowmen killing time. Heh

phobus
08-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Yes and yes! I have the torch on my Necromancer, and the shovel on my Shaman. Just get whichever is cheapest or drops first for you if you're farming the pieces yourself.

titofuentes
08-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I will assume I will need to do some faction work as an ogre shaman. Feel free to correct me if that's not the case

phobus
08-05-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm an Ogre, but I don't remember specifically doing any faction work for this quest. You can just hail the quest giver and go through the dialog. If he asks you for the items, your faction's high enough.

If it's not, you can do the quest in South Ro where you hand Ortallius some money over and over for faction. It's quicker than killing shadowed men.

titofuentes
08-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Sweet. I'll have to try it when I get the items

Thulack
08-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Fang Amulet of Calling /cough :)

radditsu
08-05-2013, 07:11 PM
In com or hs soloing I never used a pet. But in groups and stuff it can be nice to have some emergency mana incase something goes wrong. A torpor or slow can be a lifesaver sometimes.

webrunner5
08-05-2013, 11:43 PM
got the broom on my barb sham =D think ive used it once lol If your even in a spot where a pet dismiss would save you, your probably done for anyway lol Shamans known OP =p

Its not only for that, it is to bring up the strongest pet you can get without pissing away all your mana. Plus yeah you might get enough mana back to gate or get off a root or heal. It is a damn handy item to have. A shaman is crazy not to have one. Their pets use a shitpot of mana to cast. :o

Legend
08-05-2013, 11:48 PM
so... you can use mage focus items for all pet classes?

this is new to me, i never knew,

exploit?

does it work on 50+ pets?

ArumTP
08-06-2013, 05:56 AM
The focus is used for the reclaim effects.

I got one for my spectacular cleric pet. Go go stien

Weekapaug
08-06-2013, 06:04 AM
The focus is used for the reclaim effects.

I got one for my spectacular cleric pet. Go go stien

Splain please?

phobus
08-06-2013, 08:48 AM
It's not about the focus effect. Any class can use the Reclaim Energy (http://wiki.project1999.org/Reclaim_Energy) effect without having to equip the item. For most classes it just frees you from having to memorize the spell, but it's even nicer for the Shaman because we never get the spell to begin with.

Raavak
08-06-2013, 08:53 AM
I will assume I will need to do some faction work as an ogre shaman. Feel free to correct me if that's not the caseI am pretty sure everyone starts with enough faction for the Temple of Solusek Ro quests. Don't hail the imp in the temple, lol (EQ is so evil sometimes).

Legend
08-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Its not only for that, it is to bring up the strongest pet you can get without pissing away all your mana. Plus yeah you might get enough mana back to gate or get off a root or heal. It is a damn handy item to have. A shaman is crazy not to have one. Their pets use a shitpot of mana to cast. :o

clearly hes saying it summons the strongest pet for his lvl due to having the item in his inventory?

fact? i dont think any class is suppose to be able to use mage pet focu items from inventory, sounds like a bug/exploit

phobus
08-06-2013, 11:20 AM
clearly hes saying it summons the strongest pet for his lvl due to having the item in his inventory?

fact? i dont think any class is suppose to be able to use mage pet focu items from inventory, sounds like a bug/exploit

No, he isn't. He's saying you can reclaim your pet if it's not max level, regaining most of the mana it took to summon in the first place. Repeat until you get a good pet.

To do this without one of these items would mean wasting a lot of mana as a Shaman, because:

it's even nicer for the Shaman because we never get the spell to begin with.

Legend
08-06-2013, 12:10 PM
this really seems like a bug/exploit

mage only pet foci being used by any class/race

kinda like using donals, where is nigron eli to pull some logs

phobus
08-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Are you even reading my posts?

The focus effect is not usable by any other class (it has to be equipped for that anyway).

The clickable effect is. That's what we're talking about here.

senna
08-06-2013, 12:54 PM
nerf this pls

Daero
08-06-2013, 01:33 PM
I guess for a shaman it's better than nothing, but on my mage I get much more mana back when I cast the spell versus using the clicky.