PDA

View Full Version : When to slow/malise/other debuffs?

Bantam 1
08-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Alright I never played a shaman on live; even a low level one. I've watched them a lot and played an enchanter at a raid level, but not low level.

My slow, malise (sp?), melee stat decrease etc all have a massive amount of hate associated with them. I'm not too squishy so its not the worse thing that could happen.
However, I'm looking ahead to Sebillis, CoM, raiding and thinking - this could be lethal. I've waited to 75-65% to slow and I still pull aggro...

So how is this handled? I don't remember shaman getting insta gibbed back on EQlive during classic.

Edit - anyone able to help me with the bear for the totemic helm? or the kedge keep part? Both seem oddly "Whoa damn" in terms of mid level armor quests. Personally - was a little surprised that the bear is around 2 (apparently roaming...) shaman blenders.

Exmo
08-05-2013, 02:10 PM
You should be OK at like 90-95% hp to slow. It gets better as warriors get proc weapons. Should never be an issue with a SK, disease cloud is pretty massive amounts of threat.

Aaron
08-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Wait until roughly 90% to slow. If you're pulling aggro every slow, then you just have a bad tank.

If it's a big issue, you can root before you slow. Most of the time, this is unnecesssary though.

On a similar note, if you initiate aggro with slow (pull with slow), it counts as less aggro than if you slow the mob after it's already engaged. In other words, the tank will be able to pull it off much easier. Again, rarely necessary, but worth noting.