PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get back into playing. Been away for almost a year

Bleepblurp
08-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Hello everyone,

Old player from the Nameless (I was a druid back then, same name). When I quit P99 I had just dinged 54 (Troll Shaman). Between then and now, it looks like there have been a bunch of patches/changes. Have there been any significant changes to the game/my character that would be helpful as I try to get back into the game? I did notice around 6 months ago when I logged in for a few minutes the bankers in NFP attacked me, whereas before I could safely bank and shop there because I spent days doing faction work. That kind of sucked. I had to do the "sit inside the wall from the entrance" thing.

What guilds are active these days that are good for older players that were hardcore back in the day on live but are mostly casual now? Casual as in raiding sometimes, guild groups in OS/HS/Chardok etc, helping each other with epics and so forth.

What do the prices of our high level spells look like now? Are they still insane? Do any of the current raiding guilds let people tag along on Fear raids for a shot at a tear? I'd hope so!

Any information would be helpful. I've really been missing EQ and Live just doesn't compare to P99 at all, so here I am!

Estu
08-05-2013, 05:22 PM
I'm not sure that there have been any huge changes affecting shamans. As you mentioned, there was a change to the faction system, so you may need to do some more faction grinding in some places.

Divinity's a good guild for the kind of thing you described. There are others too, but I'm biased :p

You can check out the wiki for spell and item prices.

Various guilds certainly let people tag along to loot tears. I'm not sure I know well enough to give you a list, but here are some guilds that to my knowledge currently raid planes off the top of my head: The Mystical Order, Bregan D'Aerth, Forceful Entry, Taken, A-Team, Divinity, Europa. I'm sure there are others. Ask around in /tells and you should be able to coordinate something.

Raavak
08-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Tear rots a lot now.

Bleepblurp
08-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I actually applied to Divinity a while ago. I knew someone named Kalmy(?) at the time. I applied, and waited for over a month with no response so I gave up haha.

Waedawen
08-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Shaman are ridiculed for how easy their epic is.

billw134
08-29-2013, 09:33 AM
Azure Guard just got a tear in fear Monday and did a shaman epic to completion last night, along with 2 rogue partials. Check us out on guild section of forums.