PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get back into playing. Been away for almost a year

Bleepblurp
08-05-2013, 04:34 PM
I posted this in the Priest room, but it looks like there's way more activity in here and many of my questions are more general/server specific so I thought I'd post in here!

Hello everyone,

Old player from the Nameless (I was a druid back then, same name). When I quit P99 I had just dinged 54 (Troll Shaman). Between then and now, it looks like there have been a bunch of patches/changes. Have there been any significant changes to the game/my character that would be helpful to know ahead of time before I try to get back into the game? I did notice around 6 months ago when I logged in for a few minutes the bankers in NFP attacked me, whereas before I could safely bank and shop there because I spent days doing faction work. That kind of sucked. I had to do the "sit inside the wall from the entrance" thing.

What guilds are active these days that are good for older players that were hardcore back in the day on live but are mostly casual now? Casual as in raiding sometimes, guild groups in OS/HS/Chardok etc, helping each other with epics and so forth.

What do the prices of our high level spells look like now? Are they still insane? Do any of the current raiding guilds let people tag along on Fear raids for a shot at a tear? I'd hope so!

Any information would be helpful. I've really been missing EQ and Live just doesn't even compare to P99. I played EQ from Kunark through PoP. Best gaming of my life in those years! 3am Batphones, trying to compete with Taiwan guilds that killed all the raid targets while US players slept. Racing guilds to bosses in VT and having GM's make us /random for the loot because we both engaged. You know... the good stuff.

webrunner5
08-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Any information would be helpful. I've really been missing EQ and Live just doesn't even compare to P99. I played EQ from Kunark through PoP. Best gaming of my life in those years! 3am Batphones, trying to compete with Taiwan guilds that killed all the raid targets while US players slept. Racing guilds to bosses in VT and having GM's make us /random for the loot because we both engaged. You know... the good stuff.

And you guys think only P1999 is like this for the raid scene. Guess what.

Bleepblurp
08-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Well, for a long time on our server there was a level of cooperation with most of the raid-capable guilds. We had rotations and a schedule for certain things, etc. There was one guild in particular that was the "outlaw" group that refused to work with the rest of us though. Oh and the Taiwan guilds did whatever they wanted. It was irritating.

Knubb
08-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Well, for a long time on our server there was a level of cooperation with most of the raid-capable guilds. We had rotations and a schedule for certain things, etc. There was one guild in particular that was the "outlaw" group that refused to work with the rest of us though.

Yeah, on my server we had a calendar as well.